Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking Nov LSAT outside of US/Canada

GracethewinnerGracethewinner Alum Member
in General 64 karma

Hi all!

I'm registered for Nov LSAT thought I would be in US by last week.
But the situation has changed and apparently I'm not in states.
Is it available to take a test for US/Canada but from outside of those countries?

Please share your info!

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

There was a similar post the other day, and no one has a complete answer, but it seemed like they were not aware of where the test was being taken from even if there is conflicting info coming from LSAC about whether it is okay. I could be wrong though

• GracethewinnerGracethewinner Alum Member
    64 karma

@VerdantZephyr There was a similar post the other day, and no one has a complete answer, but it seemed like they were not aware of where the test was being taken from even if there is conflicting info coming from LSAC about whether it is okay. I could be wrong though

Thanks for sharing! I also heard about conflicting answers about it so... The LSAC representative that I talked to last time kept saying security issue might happen which I don't understand.

• An_SkywalkerAn_Skywalker Member
    160 karma

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm in Asia but is registered for the Nov Flex. Following this post for updates.

• Noise DogoodNoise Dogood Alum Member
    240 karma

Following as well. (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/25235/can-you-register-for-a-us-testing-region-test-even-if-you-are-in-europe)

Hoping for some kind of authoritative judgement on whether it's okay or whether it would be a violation.

• GracethewinnerGracethewinner Alum Member
    edited September 2020 64 karma

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad to have some people with similar situation. I wonder what the "security issue" is for having a US/Canada LSAT in other countries but I don't want to push myself in a risky situation which might result in banning from LSAC for life lol
    I'm am being very cautious and hope LSAC put combined and official opinion on this issue.

• eyesomehyez77eyesomehyez77 Member
    53 karma

I had to reschedule my exam from August to October since I had recently left the US at the end of August. I called them twice to confirm and both representatives said that I can't take it in a different location. My understanding was that they track your IP address? Would love to know more about their official take on this though.