Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Difficulty & LSAT Flex

Hi! I've been practicing with the 4-section PrepTests and I always leave the second LR section for last, since there's not going to be two LR sections in the Flex test. However, I almost invariably find myself doing considerably worse in the second LR section. Could this just be fatigue, or does anyone else find the 2nd LR sections more difficult than the first ones?

And for those of you who've already taken the LSAT Flex, how do you compare Flex LR to your average LR section?

Thank you and good luck for everyone who's, like me, taking the test in October :)

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

There was a post about this recently and a representative from 7sage chimed in. They researched test taker performance on LR sections across their site and found that the difference between any two sections on average was in the most extreme case about a point. In most cases, for an individual 7sager there is no statistically relevant difference between the first and second LR, which is why they always drop the second LR from the test to keep things simple.

• Gabriel M.Gabriel M. Member
    42 karma

@VerdantZephyr said:
    There was a post about this recently and a representative from 7sage chimed in. They researched test taker performance on LR sections across their site and found that the difference between any two sections on average was in the most extreme case about a point. In most cases, for an individual 7sager there is no statistically relevant difference between the first and second LR, which is why they always drop the second LR from the test to keep things simple.

Thank you!

• 476 karma

Hello Gabriel,

I have found the second LR to be more difficult and my lower scored section. I used to believe that it was just a harder version of the first one. However, after learning about the research above, I wonder if it's just fatigue.

• elena-levelena-lev Member
    93 karma

I struggle with fatigue and typically find myself to score lowest on the final section, regardless of what it is. My biggest piece of advice is to make sure you take full-length tests to practice and working through what helps you stay focused.