Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I’m so confused (November LSAT)

I have a 169 from the August flex and i’m registered to take the November test. I’m confused if I should take it again. I’m applying to T 14 schools with a low GPA(3.33 in Economics). I’m not sure if I should submit my applications early to have a higher chance or wait until I take the November test and apply then.

Comments

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

I attended a law school's admission forum a few nights ago and something they said really stuck with me....better to show up as your BEST self, rather than early. The real question is, do you think you can get a higher score? If you know you can, I say go for it. Scores for November are set to come out right before Thanksgiving. You can complete your applications beforehand and send them in as soon as scores are released. Best of luck!

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@OldLadyK said:
    I attended a law school's admission forum a few nights ago and something they said really stuck with me....better to show up as your BEST self, rather than early. The real question is, do you think you can get a higher score? If you know you can, I say go for it. Scores for November are set to come out right before Thanksgiving. You can complete your applications beforehand and send them in as soon as scores are released. Best of luck!

Is around Thanksgiving considered "late" in the cycle? Just curious because I'm also writing in November and originally planned on submitting applications as early as possible. To OP, a 169 is a fantastic score but I think if you wrote again and scored in the 170s (which is very likely for you if you keep studying) you might be able to unlock some great scholarships.

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

i agree with what everyone else has said, ive seen constantly that it is better to apply with even one additional point rather than early, and i think you would definitely be able to get an even higher score than the great score you have already received. also i was listening to the powerscore podcast about the november score, and they emphasize that december is still considered early just not the earliest .. @kilgoretrout i think that also answers ur question, i definitely dont think its considered late, esp if you have all other aspects of ur applications done and as soon as you get the score all you have to do is submit which could be done by the end of the first week of december (since thanksgiving weekend things probably will not get processed until the first week anyways)

• GoingtolawschoolGoingtolawschool Alum Member
    184 karma

Thank you so much @OldLadyK @kilgoretrout @legallytired! Your comments are really helpful and I think I’m going to take the November test and apply right after!