Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking Law School Emails Seriously?

I've been getting a lot of law school emails that say they have found me through CAS and encourage me to apply due to my credentials (also include a app fee waiver). Should I take these emails seriously or are they kind of generic? I got an email from Cornell saying I should apply but my LSAT/GPA are below their median lol. Anyone have some insight?

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

They are largely mass generated. I am getting lots of them despite the fact that my GPA has not been uploaded and I won't take my LSAT until October. That does not mean they are not legitimate. If you receive an offer for a fee waiver that certainly indicates that the school wants you to apply. Remember however that a school wanting you to apply is not the same as them wanting you in the student body. Their rank is partially based on their admit percentage and more applications equals lower percentage. They may be interested in you as a candidate, especially if you also check the box of softs they want like URM, but they may also be trying to drum up interest in more applications. Bottom line, you get to apply for free. If you would consider attending Cornell if admitted go ahead and apply. If you think they may offer you so aid even if they are not in your top tier of schools go ahead and apply. I am hoping for lower T14 but I may apply to W&L and ASU for example because it costs me nothing and I could, at a minimum, potentially leverage their scholarship aid into more aid at a school I am more excited about going to like Vanderbilt, Wash U, ect.