Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burnout?

sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
in General 936 karma

So i went to take a pt today and for the first time in this study process i could not for the life of me concentrate on reading the stimulus and i did not want to either. I got so frustrated that i just closed out the test and called it a day. I have been studying pretty intensely since the end of February and have heard about the potential of "burnout" but have never had any trouble with motivation or desire to study. Then this morning happened and i am kind of worried this may be what is going on. I have not really taken any breaks longer than a day off since February. I am thinking about taking this next week off and just doing undergrad work and picking it up again next Saturday. Does anyone who has experienced something similar have any advice? I am registered for November so taking a week off makes me nervous about taking that much time off. Thanks!

Comments

• heyitsjudyheyitsjudy Member
    65 karma

Hi I literally just went through this the other day! I would definitely recommend at least taking a few days ago, do not even think about the lsat. I was doing well and all of a sudden during a practice set, I for the life of me could not even understand what the stimulus was saying. If you're writing in November you have plenty of time-I wouldn't stress about a few days off! I personally took around two-three days off, and came back to it but I know others do recommend taking a week off!

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

@heyitsjudy Hey thanks for the response. It is reassuring to know thats probably whats going on. Did you come back after 2-3 days off feeling a lot better?

• heyitsjudyheyitsjudy Member
    edited September 2020 65 karma

@sheridjw Yes I did! Coming back my LR was the same as previously and I didn't notice a difference. The few questions I did while feeling burnt out on the other hand definitely was not good haha! Take a few days off and see if you're feeling better-if not take the rest of the week off!

• jpgreensteinjpgreenstein Member
    136 karma

Burn out is real, I studied on and off for a year and I whenever the signs of burnout came I would immediately stop studying for a few days. It does wonders and you will feel so much better

• Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
    541 karma

Do something you enjoy and take your mind off it. A few days aren't going to make or break you whatsoever my friend!

• saraiglazesaraiglaze Free Trial Member
    13 karma

Honestly, I've learned to take this journey just as I would fitness. Listen to your body if you've dedicated this much time to this exam I promise you one day off won't be the end of you LOL (even though it definitely feels like it)! I've found that occupying my time by doing other things has definitely been helpful but it is all about balance as well. There are some days you just won't be feeling it and that is OKAY!

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

Thanks everybody for the replies. Going to take some time off and regroup and hopefully come back refreshed and rejuvenated.