Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

153 Diagnostic (May) ---> 170 August Flex: First try!!!

Notorious R.B.G.Notorious R.B.G. Alum Member
edited September 2020 in August 2020 LSAT 34 karma

Thank you so much 7-sage!!!!
Cant believe this is even real

Comments

• LukeNorrellLukeNorrell Member
    34 karma

Same!! 156 to 170!!!!! Congrats.

• BullfroggerBullfrogger Member
    184 karma

Same here. Congrats guys

• julianaporoye27julianaporoye27 Alum Member
    edited September 2020 196 karma

Congratulations! What were your studying methods?

• Notorious R.B.G.Notorious R.B.G. Alum Member
    34 karma

@julianaporoye27
    I started studying in May, and worked my way through the 7-sage curriculum, leaving around one month purely for PTing before the actual test.
    Some tips:
    1) Fool proof logic games!!! That section definitely saved my score. It is a method that works.
    2) Try not to get too caught up on the "categorization" of which type of game you are doing, because that will mess with your head if you're hit with a miscellaneous one. I approached each game in the same manner, and tackled them based on each piece of information I was given, rather than following them based on a specific template (I found that method to be limiting and also made me panic more when I reached a game that was a bit unique).
    3) To save paper and inkfor logic games, print out a copy of the game and put it in a clear plastic page cover, and use washable pens/markers! You can use the same page more than once.
    4) While learning Logic Games, go back and do some LR practice so that everything you learned remains fresh
    5) Make a list of tips and tricks on how to approach each LR question type that works for you
    6) Remind yourself to BREATHE during the test, its easy to get caught up in stress and nerves. If you notice that youre in a bad state, take a second to regroup and continue, itll save you more time in the long run
    7) Make sure to go over each preptest you do, and actually take the time to UNDERSTAND where you went wrong and why! Also, just as important to note where you went right and why!
    8) DO NOT OVER-HIGHLIGHT IN RC!! Sometimes people use highlighting as a crutch so that they "do not need to remember the information". I found I absorbed the passage better when I was more strategic with highlighting only key words and ideas.
    9) I know this is weird advice, but I really tried not to over-study. Dont get me wrong, I worked my ass off. But I made sure to make the most of the actual time I studied, by doing something fun in the mornings, and then grinding in the afternoon. It is definitely quality over quantity for studying. Take days off when you feel like you need to, and dont burn yourself out!!

I know thats a lot of word vomit but hope it helps!!! You got this!

• julianaporoye27julianaporoye27 Alum Member
    196 karma

In PTs how did you score in each section on average ?

What was your PT average?

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@"Notorious R.B.G." thanks so much for your advise!

• Lalit LSATLalit LSAT Member
    112 karma

That's incredibly fast improvement. Nice job man

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@"Notorious R.B.G." Congratulations!

34 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" @"Lalit LSAT" Thank you so much!!
    and @cpeaks13 happy to help :)

34 karma

@julianaporoye27
    For my 10 most recent preptests before the actual exam, these were my stats:
    --4.3 average for LR
    --1.3 average for LG
    --4.7 for RC
    and a 168.6 for overall PT average

For all my preptests I had ever completed, including my diagnostic (18 in total):
    --5.7 for LR
    --2.3 for LG
    --5.6 RC
    and a 165.7 for overall PT average

Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help!
    Good luck and keep persevering !

• draziz2015draziz2015 Core Member
    12 karma

Congrats Champ!

• chellevangchellevang Member
    136 karma

@"Notorious R.B.G." said:
    @julianaporoye27
    I started studying in May, and worked my way through the 7-sage curriculum, leaving around one month purely for PTing before the actual test.
    Some tips:
    1) Fool proof logic games!!! That section definitely saved my score. It is a method that works.
    2) Try not to get too caught up on the "categorization" of which type of game you are doing, because that will mess with your head if you're hit with a miscellaneous one. I approached each game in the same manner, and tackled them based on each piece of information I was given, rather than following them based on a specific template (I found that method to be limiting and also made me panic more when I reached a game that was a bit unique).
    3) To save paper and inkfor logic games, print out a copy of the game and put it in a clear plastic page cover, and use washable pens/markers! You can use the same page more than once.
    4) While learning Logic Games, go back and do some LR practice so that everything you learned remains fresh
    5) Make a list of tips and tricks on how to approach each LR question type that works for you
    6) Remind yourself to BREATHE during the test, its easy to get caught up in stress and nerves. If you notice that youre in a bad state, take a second to regroup and continue, itll save you more time in the long run
    7) Make sure to go over each preptest you do, and actually take the time to UNDERSTAND where you went wrong and why! Also, just as important to note where you went right and why!
    8) DO NOT OVER-HIGHLIGHT IN RC!! Sometimes people use highlighting as a crutch so that they "do not need to remember the information". I found I absorbed the passage better when I was more strategic with highlighting only key words and ideas.
    9) I know this is weird advice, but I really tried not to over-study. Dont get me wrong, I worked my ass off. But I made sure to make the most of the actual time I studied, by doing something fun in the mornings, and then grinding in the afternoon. It is definitely quality over quantity for studying. Take days off when you feel like you need to, and dont burn yourself out!!

I know thats a lot of word vomit but hope it helps!!! You got this!

WOW. I used to actually use clear protector sheets wayyy back in high school for ALL my notes (neurotic? probably). But using them for Logic Games is a damn GAME CHANGER. THANK YOU for sharing these tips!