LSAT - Flex

I took the LSAT 2 years ago, on paper in a testing center, I have decided to take it again to try to get my score up. I'm a bit nervous about the digital format but am slowly adjusting to it. I'm not sure what to expect on test day, I've heard so many different things. Can anyone elaborate what the check-in process is like, and in general what to expect? I also heard on the PowerScore Podcast that there was no bathroom breaks, can anyone confirm?

Comments

• JoeyyyyyJoeyyyyy Member
    48 karma

Hi! There are no bathroom breaks :( you are not allowed to leave the view of your facecam. The check in process involves you signing in to Proctor-U. From there a proctor will ask you to scan your room, mirror your screen, show your paper, double check the software on your computer, etc. You read a statement aloud, and then you begin the test. Ideally, it is rather simple and straightforward. You've heard so many different things because an individual's testing experience solely relies on the proctor that you get. It truly is hit or miss; you can end up with a phenomenal testing experience, or one where your proctor is absolutely clueless and does not know the LSAT's rules (or, in my personal case, one that has their internet disconnect 22 times during the test). In general, expect a straightforward process of letting them check your surroundings and then you proceed to take and finish the test within a hour and 45 minutes. Just make sure to not be caught off guard if some things do spiral out of control -- worst case LSAC will refund you and you'll have a cancel on your record.

• Thank you that was really helpful!