Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PTs

guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
edited May 2015 in General 365 karma
Hello,

I am just confused about the whole system because I just realized that I am unable to download the pdfs anymore due to LSAC's ban. I see that Cambridge has what they call the "Ultimate LSAT Bundle"- it includes 1-70 PTs , organized by type. Is this worth it? Should I simply purchase the prep tests that I need to complete 7 sage course materials and 36-71 PTs?

Please enlighten me!

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bundles/ultimate-prep-package/

It's this package right? If so, I would highly recommend investing the money into this. I advocate using these so-called drilling packets for PT 1-38 to become proficient at each question type/type supplementing the 7Sage course. Then I would save a few of the PT 40's to drill timed full sections and use the rest as full PT's.
  • guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
    365 karma
    how do they compared to powerscore work books? I happened to have them
    2116 karma
    sorry, haven't seen those books so can't comment on those. @guitarnara
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    In my opinion just buy tests 19-74 on Amazon. Save the later ones for PTs, and use earlier tests for drilling. At least that's what I'm doing.

Also if I recall correctly, it cost me only like $172 for it, and I like the physical books than downloading a PDF and then printing.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @guitarnara To put it bluntly, they do not compare. You need full PT's to take under simulated exam conditions. Questions grouped by type are only useful for drilling. They are utterly useless for the indispensable purpose of taking full-length PT's.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Stay away from Powerscore!
  • guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
    365 karma
    @nicole.hopkins I just got the cambridge bundle and it's got drills taken from tests 1-38 and I get full PT's (39-70). I will study as many have suggested. Use the earlier tests for drilling and the newer ones for full PT's. Thank You!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @guitarnara You got it! I think that's a good plan. And don't worry that PT 36.37 will be retakes for you due to drilling ... Seriously, taking/retaking PT's is about a lot more than being exposed to new material (though that is also part of their function e.g. saving the 5-10 most recent PT's for the final push).
  • jim-1jim-1 Alum Member
    71 karma
    I bought all the LG sections of the prep tests from Cambridge, I think for $80.00. I thought this package was $320 at the time, and I could not swing that. Now I see it's $280, which is still pricy. Okay, so it's $4.00 per PT, which sounds quite good, especially for the PDFs (which may not be available much longer) but still...

Having just paid $170 to register, plus $80ish credentials fee, plus school app fees, plus some random $28 fee just because LSAC seem to enjoy charging fees... Oh yeah, plus the fee for this course (which so far has been the best spent money - and I just got the low end one) plus some books from Amazon, well... I was still in sticker shock so I opted for the cheap way out. If I had to do it again I would probably drop the $280.00, primarily because they could vanish forever...
    2116 karma
    Every point increase on the LSAT could mean thousands and thousands of dollars in scholarship money. #Foodforthought