Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Should I take both the October AND November LSAT? - 7Sage Forum

Should I take both the October AND November LSAT?

rorellana1rorellana1 Member
in General 29 karma

Hey guys, so I am registered for both the October and November flex. I am currently not where I want to be scoring, but still it's a huge improvement from my first flex. I'm confident I can improve my score even more with one extra month of studying. The benefit of taking it in October is that I could potentially apply earlier to schools, and it reduces the stress of relying too much on the November flex for a good score. But then I would have three LSAT scores as opposed to just two.

Comments

• DanielMacTavishDanielMacTavish Alum Member
    161 karma

I am literally in the same exact situation as you. I registered for the November LSAT mostly because the deadline to register was fast approaching and I didn't want to be without an insurance policy if my October test turns out to be a bust. My recommendation would be to take both, unless you way outperform your expectations on the October Flex. I don't think three takes is going to be a knock on you at all. I assume you are applying to schools that have Early Decision/regular application deadlines in Dec 2020 or early 2021?

• 11 karma

same same

• m-smith94m-smith94 Core Member
    27 karma

Check with the admissions for the schools you're planning on applying to.
    Some have "best LSAT score" and some take the average of your LSAT scores.

If the schools fall in the former category, its a no-brainer.

• rorellana1rorellana1 Member
    29 karma

@DanielMacTavish said:
    I am literally in the same exact situation as you. I registered for the November LSAT mostly because the deadline to register was fast approaching and I didn't want to be without an insurance policy if my October test turns out to be a bust. My recommendation would be to take both, unless you way outperform your expectations on the October Flex. I don't think three takes is going to be a knock on you at all. I assume you are applying to schools that have Early Decision/regular application deadlines in Dec 2020 or early 2021?

Yes, I do want to apply by December the latest. This actually made me feel so much better though, it's nice to know someone else is in the same situation. I think I may actually go through with it just so I can start getting those applications out there. Let me know how it goes for you!

• ericchoi12ericchoi12 Member
    edited September 2020 31 karma

@"m-smith94" said:
    Check with the admissions for the schools you're planning on applying to.
    Some have "best LSAT score" and some take the average of your LSAT scores.

If the schools fall in the former category, its a no-brainer.

"Every law school uses the high score when making admissions decision. We don’t know of any schools that use the average score"

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/do-law-schools-average-lsat-scores-or-use-the-high-score/

OP i'm in a similar situation, as is the case for the majority of october test-takers. The consensus seems to be that taking in November is a no-brainer if you think the extra month of prep can actually improve your score. Since it's in the beginning of november, you can get your score back before the end of the month, and assuming you have your apps ready to go by then, you can still be considered an "earlyish" applicant, or at worse case scenario an on-time applicant.