Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One Month RC Improvement

Any tips on improving RC this October for the November Lsat? Im averaging -3 LG and -4 LR but keep my RC ranges from -5 to -13 on some tests? Any tips would be helpful

Comments

• m.i.rivasm.i.rivas Alum Member
    edited September 2020 203 karma

Hi! What specifically do you struggle with timing or concepts or both? I would say for timing what helped me a lot was taking some time away from full timed sections and worked on taking individual timed passages. I focused on getting really comfortable reading for a super clear understanding (reading for structure and paying attention to author's perspective) and then answering questions super quickly (about 30 - 40 seconds or less). As I got more comfortable and accurate with this time frame, I was able to complete timed sections under time after about a week of this. I would also do super meticulous blind review of every question to make sure that I was understanding the concepts behind the questions.

• DefenderDefender Alum Member
    348 karma

I have a couple of suggestions for remembering the material: First, take your time in the passage.
    I cannot emphasize this enough. Second, focus on the author. What are they doing in their argument? How does everything attach back to the main line of reasoning and point of the author? If you need help, feel free to reach out. I love RC, and went from -15 to -1 in practices!