Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to take final PT before LSAT?

_ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ Core Member
in General 64 karma

How close before your test day are you planning to take your final PT? For example, I'm taking the October flex on the 8th. I'm considering taking a PT on the 3rd, and then taking the 4th-7th completely off. I'm hoping to experience the effect where people hit a new personal best score after taking a few days off from studying. Does this seem like a good strategy? Should I take the PT closer to the test or further?

Thanks for your input. Good luck!

Comments

• dazedandconfused-1dazedandconfused-1 Member
    258 karma

I've tried this once in which I took a break from LSAT for about 3-4 days too, and my score dropped significantly, especially in LR. Usually went -4 to -6 on LR, but after the break, I think I went like -10 on one section lol.

Of course it's to each their own, and you can't really "forget" how to read or use logic from taking a few days off. What you can forget, though, is I think the "rigor" with which you need to attack LR questions.

Then again, this is just my two cents. I do think if you're burnt out, taking a few days off is fine, but don't let the level of rigor/evaluation fall.

• ShaheerHShaheerH Member
    38 karma

The best advice I've gotten is to do at least 1 problem set per section the week of your exam to make sure you're not rusty and to keep up the rigor, but it helps to take a break and not do a PT, and if you happen to do one, leave it ungraded, so as to not psych you out in the event you don't score where you want. You're not going to learn anything significant the week of the test, and so the best thing you can do is focus on calming your nerves, and making sure you know how to pace yourself and pay attention to the LSAT, aka, make sure you know you won't slack on the exam.