Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

144 2nd PT blind Review 158.

https://imgur.com/UnWygqv

Hey guys,

I'm planning on taking the LSAT in January and my question is, what strategies can I use to best bridge this gap. from 144 pt to a 158 BR. Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks.

Comments

• howdoichangemyavatarhowdoichangemyavatar Free Trial Member
    edited October 2020 52 karma

Logic Games would be the easiest to improve. I would suggest doing 5 a day monday-friday (maybe give yourself wednesday off tho). But each day focus on a specific Logic Game type. (By order of importance: 1. Linear games 2. Distribution/Grouping games 3. Multi-Linear 4. In-Out).

I probably started at a -20something PT on LG and did this to get to -2 to -0. My advice for the other sections would be more of the same. At 144 and 158, I would focus more on drilling than taking PTs. Break down each section into its question types and drill, drill, drill. I would take 2 maybe 3 PTs a month max until you get close to160.

Also, don’t time yourself. You’ll have plenty of time to do that later. Just really focus on understanding and accuracy. I feel like a common mistake people make in LSAT prepping is that they time themselves too soon. The learning phase of prepping, for me, is the most crucial.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@howdoichangemyavatar gives good advice. I do not know what your final score or school goal is but you can easily pick up ten questions in LG. Fixing just the LG issue and getting to -2 would put you at a 152 on that test, an enormous difference. If you can do that and address LR enough to get 5 more right in a given section and 3 more right in RC that will put you at the 158. If you can do 7 better in LR and 4 better in RC you are at 160. I think, while I can not see the breakdown of where your improvement was in BR, given that you still have 3 months or so and did so much better on BR, it is reasonable to think you can fool proof the games, reduce LR errors by 1/2 to 1/3 and improve a bit on RC. First step is the LG though.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Also, test difficulty is highly subjective but I thought 62 was on the harder side for me personally. Take heart, you have time!