Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on LR?

I have taken 3 PT's so far and I have been scoring around -14/-13 on LR. Do you guys think that it is just a matter or going back to the fundamentals of how to tackle question types and drill those questions? Or should I just keep taking separate timed sections on LR?

Comments

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

Have you read Loophole yet? The CC is a great foundation but I found that doing tons and tons of translation and clir drills (two fundamental concepts in the book) to be the most helpful thing I’ve done for LR. Also just seeing tons of questions makes you better at recognizing things and you will realize that they repeat a lot similar to Logic Games.

• chestnutchestnut Alum Member
    31 karma

I also have difficult time with LR, I am average at -12 per LR section and I've finished the 7sage CCs now, could someone provide any helpful tips? Any advise is appreciated!

• m.i.rivasm.i.rivas Alum Member
    203 karma

I would probably recommend just practicing a lot of questions: whether that's through timed drills or timed sections and doing really really detailed blind review (going over every question and thinking through why every answer choice is right and wrong). And then I would compare your reasoning to J.Y.'s. The LSAT goes through a lot of patterns so this reasoning will eventually start digging into your head and you can use it timed.

• chestnutchestnut Alum Member
    31 karma

@"m.i.rivas" said:
    I would probably recommend just practicing a lot of questions: whether that's through timed drills or timed sections and doing really really detailed blind review (going over every question and thinking through why every answer choice is right and wrong). And then I would compare your reasoning to J.Y.'s. The LSAT goes through a lot of patterns so this reasoning will eventually start digging into your head and you can use it timed.

@m.i.rivas, thank you very much for your advise.