Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official October 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• beccahope.weinsteinbeccahope.weinstein Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@nsturno_12 said:
    Not sure if this is a dumb question, but will the Flex show the remaining time? I took the Law Hub prep tests and it showed the time remaining... not sure if this applies for the actual exam as well, or if people suggest using a (nondigital) watch to time yourself. Thanks!

On flex they show you time remaining and then alert you when there are 5 minutes left.

• jackmmmmjackmmmm Yearly Member
    103 karma

@2DeDeuce said:

@jackmmmm said:

@Rtahlov said:
    How’d everyone feel about that exam? The comparative passage on the reading comp was a bit tricky for me and that last logic game was so annoying

I agree, I wish I left more time for the last game :(

Are you typically pretty good with the logic games in terms of timing?

Yeah, I usually am. I had 9:45 left for the last game, I wish I had a bit more.

• christine.e.f.hoychristine.e.f.hoy Core Member
    10 karma

I enjoy highlighting details in both LR and RC passages and find that the biggest hang up and time killer on the LSAT-Flex is how AWKWARD their system is with highlighting. I wasted precious seconds trying to highlight sentences, clauses, or other details. It lead me to running out of time and guessing on five questions. Frustrating when you know you're ready for the test and the archaic test interface is what ends up hurting you. If you are planning to take a future LSAT, definitely recommend practice with LSAC's practice tests just to be super familiar with their interface.

• majilatmajilat Member
    99 karma

Does anyone who to contact if I had a really bad experience using ProctorU that affected my performance and I want to discuss ways to remedy it?

• leannafrazer-1leannafrazer-1 Core Member
    59 karma

I just did the Flex this morning and if I can offer one piece of advice, it's use a wired (ethernet) connection! I had 3-4 interruptions due to my wifi glitching and then the test disconnected and closed with 4 minutes left in the third section. I now have to retake this Friday :(. I have a very strong wifi connection. I'm sitting beside my router, have never had connectivity issues and have a very high connection speed when running a test. If you have access to your modem to plug in then do it!
    In regards to the test format, it sounds like I certainly had the same LG section as many other October takers. My format was LG-RC-LR and the first three LG were pretty easy to me (I think most people could expect to get all them right) but the fourth question was just odd. It had a bit of an unusual orientation so it takes a while to get your head around and then understand the inferences and interactions of rules. I went into it with 8 minutes and definitely needed more time. I think I had to guess on pretty much every answer since it took me a solid 4-5 minutes to understand the game and draw a gameboard.
    Best wishes!

• C_J_2020C_J_2020 Member
    4 karma

@ARMANC74 said:

@rachelhorewitz said:
    So it seems like many of us found LR and the last game of LG a little difficult.. this may be a dumb question but does this mean the whole test will most likely get curved more?

The curve doesnt really work like that. I won't bore you with details but essentially a -7 on the Flex would get you around a 170. Depending on the difficulty of your section, you may be able to get a -8 to still hit the 170. If your section is easier then it would be like a -6. Overall, the curve really doesn't help too much, only for one-two very difficult questions

Hi I was just wondering but how do you know this is the case. Surely this cant be correct. Because all of the other LSATs (granted not flex) are based on a curve. If the test is absolutely difficult and the test takers collectively do horrible it would absolutely change how many you could miss, would it not?

• sarahemmasarahemma Member
    22 karma

I wrote my test today! Nothing particularly tricky about LR or RC. I just found myself running out of time so having to quickly guess the last few questions due to time constraints. The last LG game was terrible

• kamelbrooklynkamelbrooklyn Alum Member
    36 karma

@VerdantZephyr the no talking thing is very real. Last time, they caught me talking my way through LR and told me not to- but I have it in an accommodation that I'm allowed to speak outloud to myself, so I told them to buzz off and read the accommodations and they quickly shut up. This time, I had no problems because the people knew how to do their jobs. But obviously, if I didnt have that accommodation, I would have had to be quiet.

• averym17averym17 Alum Member
    24 karma

@jackmmmm said:

@2DeDeuce said:

@jackmmmm said:

@Rtahlov said:
    How’d everyone feel about that exam? The comparative passage on the reading comp was a bit tricky for me and that last logic game was so annoying

I agree, I wish I left more time for the last game :(

Are you typically pretty good with the logic games in terms of timing?

Yeah, I usually am. I had 9:45 left for the last game, I wish I had a bit more.

I agree with this sentiment; I usually have no trouble finishing a games section and I got to the last game with a little over 11 minutes and still had to select a random answer for the last question. I found the questions on the last game super time consuming.

• garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
    186 karma

@C_J_2020 said:

@ARMANC74 said:

@rachelhorewitz said:
    So it seems like many of us found LR and the last game of LG a little difficult.. this may be a dumb question but does this mean the whole test will most likely get curved more?

The curve doesnt really work like that. I won't bore you with details but essentially a -7 on the Flex would get you around a 170. Depending on the difficulty of your section, you may be able to get a -8 to still hit the 170. If your section is easier then it would be like a -6. Overall, the curve really doesn't help too much, only for one-two very difficult questions

Hi I was just wondering but how do you know this is the case. Surely this cant be correct. Because all of the other LSATs (granted not flex) are based on a curve. If the test is absolutely difficult and the test takers collectively do horrible it would absolutely change how many you could miss, would it not?

I think what @ARMANC74 is saying is that while the curve does account for variations in test difficulty, it is unlikely that anyone will see a major jump in their score as a result. But yes, you're right: if the test was difficult for everyone who took it and those reporting in this forum are not an unrepresentative sample of test takers, then it's possible to have missed several questions and still gotten a perfect score. I guess we'll see...

• andcap299andcap299 Core Member
    edited October 2020 5 karma

I took the test yesterday (Tuesday) morning. My order was RC-LG-LR (26). Had the privatized/public comparative and tree fungi RC. My LG had a game with cities. My LR section had a question about 2 people arguing the best way to stop conspiracy theories.

Thought RC was above average difficulty/was probably just thrown off a bit by first section/test anxiety. Thought LG was unusually easy, had 11 minutes for the last game. LR felt standard.

One proctor thing: my proctor said she had to re-check my settings in the 60 seconds between each section. I had taken the exam in July and did not have to go through this, but she said it was a new policy. Between the first 2 seconds, she didn't re-check until there were about 20 seconds left in the break, so she utilized about 10 seconds of my LG time. It didn't throw me off too much, but was just wondering if everyone else had to do this as well this time?

Good luck to everyone!

• 170plusPlease170plusPlease Core Member
    edited October 2020 47 karma

I had my test today. The order was LG-RC-LR.
    My exam was delayed due to some technical issues which the proctor could not solve and I had to solve them myself.

Overall, the game section was okay, RC was a bit hard and LR was hard too. I had a lot of "conversation" questions in the LR section which is very unusual. BUT, the biggest problem was that my computer was down twice. The camera light was still on, but the screen went black. I had to restart my computer. I was extremely anxious after all these and my thoughts were interrupted. This did not happen last time when I took the August exam. I am thinking if I should contact LSAC and report this issue.

• kelseyperkins1192kelseyperkins1192 Core Member
    66 karma

@andcap299 i had the same test as you today but as LG-RC-LR
    For some reason I couldn’t get my groove on logic games and while I usually go -2 it’s going to be a lot more. I thought RC was also difficult (i had to rush through the last passage) with logical reasoning being the easiest.
    I still do not feel good about today and I’m super bummed about it. I thought the reading on privatized / public comparison was extra difficult.

• tvshigjargaltvshigjargal Alum Member
    edited October 2020 42 karma

I just took the test today as LR-LG-RC. RC and LR felt relatively easy, especially the RC, which is usually my weakest section, but I had more than 5 minutes left on the clock in that section and the subject matters were quite easy to follow (comparative passage on sunken ships, environmentalists argument on export and other two). BUT, somehow couldn't get in the right mindset for the LG for the first two games and almost ran out of time :( Here's to hoping that my performance on the other two sections overcompensated for the bad LG section.

• ajay400ajay400 Core Member
    3 karma

Man i took rc last and thought it was by far the most difficult. i had trouble with the language passage.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Was there supposed to be a proctor break or scan between sections? I read about that somewhere in here but didn't notice them if they happened.

• msupp123msupp123 Core Member
    20 karma

@tvshigjargal said:
    I just took the test today as LR-LG-RC. RC and LR felt relatively easy, especially the RC, which is usually my weakest section, but I had more than 10 minutes left on the clock in that section and the subject matters were quite easy to follow (comparative passage on sunken ships, environmentalists argument on export and other two). BUT, somehow couldn't get in the right mindset for the LG for the first two games and almost ran out of time :( Here's to hoping that my performance on the other two sections overcompensated for the bad LG section.

I had this same test today and felt the same about LG, I was unusually bad on this one but thought RC was easier than usual, the last passage especially.

• andywsoccerandywsoccer Member
    83 karma

@andcap299 said:
    I took the test yesterday (Tuesday) morning. My order was RC-LG-LR (26). Had the privatized/public comparative and tree fungi RC. My LG had a game with cities. My LR section had a question about 2 people arguing the best way to stop conspiracy theories.

Thought RC was above average difficulty/was probably just thrown off a bit by first section/test anxiety. Thought LG was unusually easy, had 11 minutes for the last game. LR felt standard.

One proctor thing: my proctor said she had to re-check my settings in the 60 seconds between each section. I had taken the exam in July and did not have to go through this, but she said it was a new policy. Between the first 2 seconds, she didn't re-check until there were about 20 seconds left in the break, so she utilized about 10 seconds of my LG time. It didn't throw me off too much, but was just wondering if everyone else had to do this as well this time?

Good luck to everyone!

I didnt have this when I took the test today. @@ though I saw another comment above that mentioned a proctor break or scan which I have no idea about either.

• ColdBrew180ColdBrew180 Member
    156 karma

First time taker and I think I really underestimated how nervous I would be. I had LG first and literally blanked for about 3 minutes while reading the prompt, couldn't even figure out how to get started. Once I calmed down a bit I got in the groove, but glad I'm retaking in Nov and hopefully less nervous next time around!

• lawaggielawaggie Member
    56 karma

I agree with what pretty much everyone said about logic games. Usually I have no problem getting through the first three games, and feel a little rushed on the last. This time I couldn't get my head straight and had to guess on 3-4 questions on the last game. I also spent an hour before the exam dealing with ProctorU issues, so my exam was delayed by an hour and I was stressed about being late to work, which probably didn't help.

• nsturno_12nsturno_12 Alum Member
    39 karma

@ColdBrew180 said:
    First time taker and I think I really underestimated how nervous I would be. I had LG first and literally blanked for about 3 minutes while reading the prompt, couldn't even figure out how to get started. Once I calmed down a bit I got in the groove, but glad I'm retaking in Nov and hopefully less nervous next time around!

I felt the EXACT same way. My heart was racing so much in the beginning, and also towards the end of RC when I started to run out of time. I am also taking November so at least we know how to prepare for the next one!

• nsturno_12nsturno_12 Alum Member
    39 karma

I had LG - LR - RC. I liked starting with LG to warm me up for the rest of the test, but I found my nerves got the best of me... my heart was racing which made it difficult to focus. LR is normally my toughest section but I found it a bit easier than normal. Just hoping the last LG game doesn't completely screw me...

• RockthistestRockthistest Member
    45 karma

What is the best way to determine my flex scaled score based on an estimate of my raw score? I took the test today and I was interrupted by my proctor during my first section (LG). It really threw me off and I think I significantly underperformed on this section. I am frustrated because I think I did pretty well on the subsequent sections (LR then RC). My guess is is I probably got -4 to -6 on LG when I normally get -2 or fewer. I think I got my normal range for LR which is between -1 and -4 and probably normal for RC which is between -2 and -5. I don't know whether it's worth asking for a retake. Overall I think I am somewhere between -7 and -15. I've been averaging 170 on last 10 PTs. Anyone have some wisdom for me? Thanks and my condolences to everyone else on here who had a poor experience with Proctor U.

• arunima.b12arunima.b12 Core Member
    112 karma

Does anyone know what type of game showed up in the LG section for today's exam?

• dudekcdudekc Core Member
    46 karma

The. Worst. Testing. Experience. Ever.
    I logged in at about 9:18 this morning, and was going through the normal process with my proctor and my connection kept getting dropped. Right before he was about to click "Start Test" our connection was lost :neutral: I was on my laptop. I then tried to go to my desktop in a different part of the house and start over. Reconnected and the connection was unstable again. Got tired of waiting for the new guy to connect me to a technician, so I logged out again. Logged in a third time, this time from the laptop again, proctor said connection was ok but maybe moving closer the router would be better. So I did. Took a few minutes to verify the room and all that, then we finally got started. TWO WHOLE HOURS LATER. I was totally not in the right head space because of all the awfully timed technical difficulties, and in the middle of it all, my mom gets home from work. The walls of our house are paper thin, so I can hear everything. Not sure if the proctor could hear through my mic but I could hear her loud and clear. I got so frustrated I just guessed on the last several questions and sat there until time ran out. There was no use in doing anything but. I am so beyond frustrated at all this. I am scheduled for November, but now the question is whether or not I should cancel these results, because I know they're going to be terrible.

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

I'm incredibly sorry to anyone that had a less than optimal testing experience. Just in case anyone is reading this worrying "Oh my gosh, is EVERY test like that?", this was my third (unfortunately, lol) Flex test and it went off without a hitch (as it did for the two other times).

Again, I'm so sorry for anyone who did not have a great testing experience; this test determines so much and you deserve better.

Just want to reassure anyone though that hasn't taken it yet since I'm sure forums like these bias toward people with negative experiences (understandably).

• leannafrazer-1leannafrazer-1 Core Member
    59 karma

Has anyone received an email from LSAT today to reschedule their October Flex to tomorrow (Friday)? I took the test Tuesday, was booted out in the third section, and was supposed to get an email "by Thursday" to reschedule for Friday. It still hasn't come and the LSAC's 1-800 line is too busy to get through when I try.

• Da_WunDa_Wun Member
    edited October 2020 72 karma

My test was RC-LG-LR. RC was the hardest. The comparative science passages were the hardest of the section (about plasticity). The LR was straightforward, 26 questions, only had to flag a few. LG was also pretty easy, think I had around 4 minutes to spare, which I used go back on my flagged questions.

• nmeghrounibrownnmeghrounibrown Core Member
    64 karma

Just took the test this morning. I had a pretty good experience with ProctorU but wasn't aware of the settings that needed to be changed on my PC to accommodate screensharing and remote desktop. Luckily my proctor was patient and helped me change what needed to be changed but I'd recommend that future Flex takers look into this beforehand.

I had LR (26) - LG - RC. LR question about conspiracy theories, a LG about a press and a shredder, and RC about privatization and fungi. Overall, I thought the LR was average to below average difficulty. A couple time-consuming questions, but overall not bad - may have missed an easy one or two early on due to nerves. LG was kind of rough but manageable. I found the the third game to be the hardest for some reason. RC seemed a bit more difficult than average, passages were unusually dense and/or long and the comparative was a bit unconventional in style. Found myself short on time for the last passage and had to work very quickly, so maybe suffered on accuracy there.

Overall, maybe a bit tougher but not wildly more difficult than most PTs I've done. I am used to RC being my strongest section/requiring the least amount of mental effort but that wasn't really the case today. Feeling a bit uncertain but I'm signed up for November too, worst case scenario.

Congrats to everyone who's completed the exam. Take some time to celebrate this weekend - we earned it!

• slwolfeslwolfe Member
    edited October 2020 9 karma

Regardless of how we all did, at least we are done! For today at least.

• tdoddy713tdoddy713 Member
    20 karma

I had LR - LG - RC.

LR wasnt too difficult, there were a lot of questions with dialogue. LG was easy for 1st and 3rd game but 2nd game tripped me up because of two conditional rules that I had a hard time putting together. LG induces the most anxiety for me and ended up skipping 2nd game after answering 3 questions bc I knew I was taking too long... had heard about the 4th game being ridiculous so after finishing 3rd game I went back to finish 2nd and ended up guessing the last 4 answers ...

RC was surprisingly straightforward and comprehensible. Talked about a Nigerian author, comparative passage was about privatization, grass v. tree bacteria, and I forgot what the other passage was. Usually I rarely get to all 4 passages but I was able to read all of them, had 3 q’s flagged that I went back to and chose between the last two answers as time ran out. Took the July Flex and felt this test LR was way easier but other sections were about the same.

Hopefully did way better than in July 😂

• shasha22shasha22 Member
    56 karma

I just finished my LSAT. first time taking it. test nerves got the best of me. found it all incredibly difficult
    did anybody get the LG q about the operating machines 4 days a week?

is there any game similar to tht I can watch ?

• KhazarKhaganKhazarKhagan Member
    11 karma

@Da_Wun said:
    My test was RC-LG-LR. RC was the hardest. The comparative science passages were the hardest of the section (about plasticity). The LR was straightforward, 26 questions, only had to flag a few. LG was also pretty easy, think I had around 4 minutes to spare, which I used go back on my flagged questions.

Mine was LG-RC-LR.

I also had the Plasticity RC. RC was definitely the hardest.

• mkgreening3mkgreening3 Core Member
    edited October 2020 15 karma

I took my LSAT last night, highly recommend not taking it in the early evening because it was dark when I started the test AND I was a little tired from the rest of the day. I didn't have much of a choice since I live outside the US and work during the day.

I had LR-LG-RC, LR was the easiest, LG the hardest. RC is hard to judge since I'm usually pretty good with it, but I think it was on the more difficult side in terms of understanding the content (especially the one about UHC). I'm also dumb and decided to try a ~new test strategy~ on the real thing by starting on the last LG first (don't do that unless you already do). It ended up being far easier than the third LG about difficultly-worded paintings, which I ran out of time for and had to guess on.

Feeling good about LR is weird for me. It's usually my worst section, but I finished with time to check my answers. There were no questions that stick out to me as being particularly unbearable.

All in all, I have no idea how I did and I think I'm just numb from the ordeal. ProctorU worked fine, aside from difficulty reading my ID at the beginning and an internet connection issue from my end (courtesy of living in the Japanese countryside). Good luck to everyone/on the retakes!

• DescartesDescartes Alum Member
    edited September 2021 98 karma

• sravslovesdogssravslovesdogs Core Member
    edited October 2020 29 karma

Just finished about 20 minutes ago - LG-RC-LR. Overall, I felt it was better than August's test. I usually PT anywhere between 167-173, and in August I got a 168.

LG: I don't remember the themes of them other than that the last one had something to do with art exhibits. Finished with some time to spare. Overall, pretty easy, I'm putting myself at -0 or -1 at worst.

RC: Book transcriptions, lawyer-client relationships, comparative passage about evolutionary theory, economics of the origins of money. Felt this was fairly reasonable with some difficult questions peppered in here and there. It felt better (I think) than August's RC (the honeybees passage is going to haunt me for the rest of my life) but I can't really estimate how many I got wrong on this tbh

LR: Definitely the hardest section, and also usually my worst section. I remember a question about pollen grains and a question about constitution v government. There was one real nasty question with an insane amount of conditionals that I just couldn't parse through. But other than that question, I think I answered as best as I could. So many answer choices were just complete crap tho, and it was hard to find the best one out of them. Just hoping I didn't get too questions many wrong l o l

Advice to new test-takers: If you took this test for the first time and were freaking out during the test/afterwards, believe me when I tell you that that is completely normal! No matter how prepared we think we are, nerves often play a much bigger role than we account for on test day. I honestly feel like I blacked out during August's exam because of how nervous I was, and I can pretty much guarantee you that it's so much easier the second time around because you're more prepared of what to expect! So don't worry if you're feeling uncertain of your performance the first time - if you end up taking it a second time, just the comfort of already having taken it for reals once will help you feel so much more calm and ready to tackle it. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

• atmsmasheratmsmasher Core Member
    4 karma

Just finished my 3:40 mountain time slot ... probably one of the very last slots for this batch. LG-RC-LR.

Biggest hiccup was my phone (in airplane mode the next room) alarmed at 5:30 which was about 9 minutes left. I was on a great pace up until that point. It was far enough away that I couldn't just grab it. It was close enough to be super distracting. I had to get permission to silence it. They had me take my computer with me. It was plugged in, both power and Ethernet. When I got back to my desk, the had me point it all around again. I probably lost at least 5 minutes plus the logic zone I was in.

Yes, complete rookie mistake. First time with an online self test. First time LSAT, so score preview here I come...

• 51 karma

I had RC-LG-LR. RC was by far the hardest passages I've dealt with (I had plasticity, Pringle/Prince, etc.) LG was good for the first three and I had 11 minutes left for the last game and couldn't even finish which is disappointing bc I PT -1 to -3 in that section, that was the one about the boutiques like what was that?? LR wasn't too bad, but again timing was a huge issue and didn't get too finish like I wanted to. This was my first time, and I realized I am so much more worse in timing and RC so good to know haha.

• RockthistestRockthistest Member
    45 karma

Even though we all got different versions of the test are we all curved the same? How do they know that one person did not have a harder test than the next person?

• jz68jz68 Core Member
    32 karma

I wasn't feeling well before the test and had to take pain killers... The first section was LG and I had difficulty with it. I basically guessed the answers of the fourth game... LG was usually my best section and I get -2 or less but this time I screwed LG up. LR was quite easy and RC a bit difficult. I could have done these sections better if I didn't encounter the brutal LG section first. I was devastated after the exam.

I took the August test and got a 166. My PT average is in the upper 160s. I feel because of LG, my score probably won't be as good as last time. Should I cancel my score? Any thoughts appreciated!

• garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
    edited October 2020 186 karma

@Rockthistest I imagine they will be curved independently... the curve wouldn't serve its purpose otherwise

• DJ_AhmedDJ_Ahmed Member

Order: LR-LG-RC

For once in my life my history class has come in use (RC -- African colonialization/ Euro lit novel), although it was slightly useful understanding the background of the topic, I did see some trap answers for those who read the novel and confused it with what the passage discussed. I think for me the RC section (African literature, privatization, EMF litigation, fungi on trees) was easier than usual (my average is -6), probably because the sci passage was pretty easy to follow and the comp passage was very engaging.

The LR was usual, but I'm pretty bad at deciphering easy LR sections from harder ones. The LG was very easy (last passage 3 workers and their 3 machines) which probably is going to get me a tighter curve... I would have rather had a harder LG since I'm -0 anyhow.

Overall the proctor was a lot better (the one I had in august kept talking and messaging me in the chat box to tilt my screen at 90 degree angle, since I kept pushing it a little back to read better during RC). This time the proctor left me alone the entire time which was fantastic. Hope others also had a good or better experience :)

• dreaminginlogicdreaminginlogic Core Member
    24 karma

I'm wondering if anyone used ctrl-f during the test? Somewhere else I read that LSAC had not disabled that feature but that was back in August and I'm worried that in November I could get penalized for using that during RC.

Also wondering if it is allowed to have my phone in the room, and the hotspot on (as long as it's on airplane mode of course) in case my internet connection goes out? My computer doesn't have the ability to connect with ethernet without an adapter, and my modem is nowhere near the room I'll be testing in anyway.

• DJ_AhmedDJ_Ahmed Member

@dreaminginlogic said:
    I'm wondering if anyone used ctrl-f during the test? Somewhere else I read that LSAC had not disabled that feature but that was back in August and I'm worried that in November I could get penalized for using that during RC.

Also wondering if it is allowed to have my phone in the room, and the hotspot on (as long as it's on airplane mode of course) in case my internet connection goes out? My computer doesn't have the ability to connect with ethernet without an adapter, and my modem is nowhere near the room I'll be testing in anyway.

I used the ctrl-f for this exam. They had said it was allowed for earlier tests so I don't think they'll disable it, and if it works you can't get penalized since they said it was okay before.

If you have your phone in your room, all they ask is for you to show them (via camera) that you have moved it behind you on the floor in a corner. GL in November :smile:

• ThePeripateticThePeripatetic Core Member
    21 karma

@"Sophia Yeo" said:
    I could NOT sleep well last night as it was my first LSAT. My proctor was perfect and everything went smooth. The order was LG-LR-RC. Loved LR and RC was not more difficult than I expected, which is my weakest part. Surprisingly, LG was tricky from the first game...haha but it may be heavily due to my test anxieties.

Very curious whether people who scored high (around 170) had a positive feeling right after the exam or not? Please let me informed or relieved :) Good job, everyone.

I may have had the same exam as you as I had the same section order.
    LG (snow plows, cities), LR (hunter-gatherers, light in space hypothesis), RC (Civil Rights/Environmentalists). Powerscore has predicted a -8 curve for this test.
    I had the exact same feelings as you where I thought LR and RC were deceptively easy - everything felt like a breeze and even had time to check flagged questions at the end.
    For LG, although there weren't any ridiculously difficult games, I didn't feel 100% certain about the section and couldn't really get into the zone for it. Could've been because it was my first section. I usually go -0 on LG but I wouldn't be surprised if I got -3 this time.

This was also my first LSAT. I've been scoring 170-173 in at least the past 10 PTs I've taken. I felt great when I first came out of the exam but self doubt began creeping in in the afternoon. Not sure if the test was designed to feel easy but actually had a lot of trick answers. Hopefully I didn't make any careless mistakes which I have done in the past which took my score down to mid/high 160s.

Congrats on completing the first test though! Glad we made it. Hoping for the best for everyone on the 23rd.

• melisa.andreaaamelisa.andreaaa Free Trial Member
    3 karma

I was estimated 3-12 minutes of set-up time with a Proctor. It ended up taking 1.5 hours..... and I wish I was over-exaggerating. There was a technical issue that I had to make 7 attempts in order to resolve the issue. By the time it was resolved, I wasn't in a good mental state (to say the least) as this obviously made me extremely frustrated and anxious. I planned my laptop battery life to last for the entire duration of the exam, but as I obviously did not anticipate a 1.5 hour delay, my battery level was at 5% halfway through the exam. I freaked out, asked the Proctor if I could grab my charger, had to re-do the security process and lost 3.5 minutes in RC (which I could not spare). The Proctor forgot to mute her mic. I could hear her sniffling and her background noises. In fear of me being penalized in any way for speaking to ask her to mute her mic, I waited patiently for about a minute hoping she would realize on her own. She didn't, so I had to open the chat window to ask her to mute herself. I ended up being completely thrown off my game and didn't have enough time to even read the third passage (I saved this one for last). I didn't have the chance to read it, and clicked random answers for SIX QUESTIONS. LR was last (which I'm least confident on) and was just mentally done at that point. Only good thing from my exam was LG which is always my best section. The last game wasn't that bad, I found the first 3 to be extremely easy.

• AKWW2020AKWW2020 Member
    23 karma

Curve looks like it will be around -8 for most tests except for one LR section. For more reference on it, check out PowerScores LSAT podcast. I took the flex on Tuesday and thought it went alright. LR felt fair. A few tough questions (PF and Parallel MOR) but nothing crazy. LG was tougher, the last game was definitely a level 5 difficulty. Rest were okay except the 2nd game was a little tricky/a time suck. I lost wifi connection in the middle of it which threw me off and had to log back in. Luckily my time was at the point of when I left (I think) so had time to finish. I kept getting the lost connection in each section but had to just ignore and keep going. RC was also okay but you never know with those, they always place some ridiculously hard question that flies right over my head. Has anyone had the same experience with losing connection and being logged out completely? I want to make sure my answers from before I was logged out stayed in.

• SwissCheese4123SwissCheese4123 Free Trial Member
    35 karma

@Kirsten said:
    I took the exam on Sunday but needed to process everything that happened, lol. I took July and August, but I felt like I had a shot to get my goal score as I was finally PT'ing around it. I had LR-RC-LG. LR felt standard. RC I felt like the passages were quite dense but I got through all of them with time to go back and check my flagged questions. LG started out good, all of the games felt standard. But my proctor completely stopped my test because apparently my lighting needed to be adjusted although I didn't touch my lights at all for previous sections. I lost time as my proctor did not stop the clock and beyond that it completely threw me off for the section. I immediately contacted LSAC and the nice woman I spoke to recommended that I get a retake. Has anyone else had issues like this before? How long did it take for y'all to hear back from LSAC regarding your retake? I read about the Proctor U horror stories before but I didn't think that it would happen to me. :(

Hey Kirsten! I had a similar thing happen to me... :( My proctor messaged me about how my video had shut off (but the green recording light was still on so I was very confused)––both midway through the exam and also 3 minutes from the end––and they didn't stop my time. So frustrating!!!

• victoria.villellavictoria.villella Core Member
    3 karma

Question on the LSAT Writing section - it says within my LSAC account under status: Exam Initiated, but I completed it?? Am I being paranoid or is it possible they didn't get my LSAT Writing?