Wasn't able to write due to technical issues--have to wait until JANUARY?!

During the sign in process with my proctor, my webcam signal was not being received. I spent more than 4 hours with technical support resolving the issue, but when it finally was resolved, I was informed that my examination window had closed and that I needed to contact LSAC to request an extension. When I called the testing support line, a guy told me that all LSAT slots were full until January! That doesn't seem right... Does anyone know if there's a special route for people to sign up for a new session if they were unable to write due to tech issues?

Comments

• corbin.boescorbin.boes Core Member
    5 karma

I wrote on Tuesday and with 5 mins left in my 2nd section the proctor "lost my video feed". Time did not stop while he took over my computer to fix the issue. I submitted a formal complaint via my LSAC account and found out I can rewrite. I don't know what they could do in your case with the testing window almost closed, but I'm sure there's a chance you could at least get into the November flex if you submit a formal complaint

• s.vreckos.vrecko Member
    21 karma

Yeah, I figured I'd be screwed by fact I chose to write on the last day of testing week :/. Sorry to hear of your issues, hope you get a re-write this week if that's possible! The LSAC person I spoke with today didn't seem to indicate November was possible because it's all full, but maybe/hopefully after they process my complaint they'll be able to find a spot. Fingers crossed!

• RockthistestRockthistest Member
    45 karma

This sounds really stressful. Sorry you had to go through this. Im confused though. Is this for LSAT writing? I thought this could be completed anytime... I just completed by October Flex and still have to do my writing section.

• s.vreckos.vrecko Member
    21 karma

@Rockthistest said:
    This sounds really stressful. Sorry you had to go through this. Im confused though. Is this for LSAT writing? I thought this could be completed anytime... I just completed by October Flex and still have to do my writing section.

No, it was for the scored / multiple choice components.