Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

During the LSAT, are you allowed to use the restroom any time other than the 15 minute break?

PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
in General 359 karma
I can't seem to find a concrete answer to this..

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    You can, but most people don't because it'd take 10 minutes (sign out, going to the bathroom, sign back in) out of your time in a section --- aka lsat death for most.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    They can't prevent you from leaving but doing so is basically LSAT suicide.

Hmmmm to sit in puddle of own urine or mess up my chances at a 181 ...
    3545 karma
    Legit talk about diapers on TLS
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Usually everyone uses the restroom before they sign in and then during the 15 min break everyone goes to the restroom. You are allowed to use the restroom during the exam but it will count against your time in that section.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    so um yeah, why not repeat... :P

yeah you can but they have to collect your booklet n stuff and when you come back in you need to show your ID and get the booklet back... that + your time in the bathroom, I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely necessary and its on a section that you consistently do very well and finish way early
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I went to the bathroom right before the writing section and the proctors waited for me and were cool about it ;p
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    came here for diapers... was not disappointed.
    8021 karma
    also, the writing section? who cares... that's the time to let it all out... then just write a bathroom addendum at the bottom of whatever you managed to write in response to the question :)
    3545 karma
    Not to be TMI but, for a lot of people, part of the "what should I do to prepare for the LSAT in the last month" includes monitoring all bathroom activity (including bowel movements). Just something else to keep in mind haha
    8021 karma
    Can't wait to see people requesting other people's BM schedules in Excel format...
    7965 karma
    Wow.

WOW.

From diapers to doo-doo all in one thread ...
    8021 karma
    I think that was inevitable... that is what goes in them after all...
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

:P
  • bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    Yeah, I mean if you go to the bathroom to take a sh*t during one of the sections, you might as well bring your answer sheet to use as toilet paper...
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @bstew2002 HAHAHA! I'm out!
    7965 karma
    @bstew2002 very literally LOL'ed reading your response. Hall of fame worthy.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Ok, this thread popped up on my sidebar and I just had to bump it back into circulation.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Petrichor said:
    I can't seem to find a concrete answer to this..
    Absolutely not.
    27809 karma
    As funny as this thread is, it is something that has legitimately worried me. I only have one take left and leaving during the test just isn’t an option.
    4344 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    As funny as this thread is, it is something that has legitimately worried me. I only have one take left and leaving during the test just isn’t an option.
    Remind me to talk hydration strategy Friday night :)

when you WILL be attending my webinar.
    27809 karma
    Yeah, I’ll figure it out. You have successfully peer pressured me.
    27809 karma
    Ok, group 3, negate sufficient.. Good to go.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    *tmi alert*

I have an IBD, and if you have any documentation that you have an IBD (IBS, Chron's, etc.), you can get accommodations on the LSAT for stop-the-clock breaks. I know many people are undiagnosed, but it was very simple to get this accommodation. My doctor just wrote a letter and the LSAT granted it with no questions. They probably don't wanna clean up our sh** either, y'all.
    27809 karma
    It's good to know they accommodate that. I mean, they really should. No one should have to have a debate with themselves about what to do in that situation.
    edited April 2016 1706 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    No one should have to have a debate with themselves about what to do in that situation
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH but before these new reforms re ADA/disabilities, they did. most people couldn't get accommodated without jumping through lots of hoops. The LSAC is wrong for how they treated (still treat honestly) people with disabilities.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Well... new "thinner" adult diapers have some out since this thread started.... sooooooooo...
    3197 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    new reforms re ADA/disabilities
    Agreed, especially with how they used to disclose that you received additional time, that was just recently changed. I've been on the fence about requesting accommodation. I had read on here from another poster that if you had tested once, you couldn't ask for accommodation. But then I saw your other post and it looks like it was granted for you, even though it was after previous administrations.

The only bad thing, is you have to get it submitted before you register and my issue happens sporadically. So I can go months without issue and then have a "flare up" and it creates a potentially disastrous LSAT situation. Once of my withdraws was related to it. As I already registered for June and the deadline has passed I can do anything about it now, but something I will keep in mind for Sept, if it is a possibility.
    4344 karma
    @stepharizona said:
    But then I saw your other post and it looks like it was granted for you, even though it was after previous administrations.
    They typically won't grant accommodations if you scored above 150 since that's average.
    3197 karma
    Ahh ok
    1706 karma
    If you tested before and didn't request accommodations, but you want to try and request them now: put in your statement of need that the reason for your not requesting accommodations previously was because of your inability to afford the original test they used to require (which was $4,000 by the way that insurance doesn't cover because it's not medically necessary for diagnoses of ANY disabilities that you would receive accommodations for anyway - I digress) or because you had a longer standing diagnosis than 5 years or honestly whatever reason you actually have.

One of the reasons they had to pay out so much money was precisely to people who they had either denied accommodations or people who had to jump through completely unnecessary hoops to receive them which hoops violated the ADA.

While it is true that historically the LSAC has denied accommodations based on past standardized test scores, there is now specific verbiage in the Best Practices recommendations that the LSAC is no longer allowed to take into consideration previous scores on any standardized tests, including the LSAT in determination of the need for accommodations. If it is still they case that they are doing this, they are in direct violation of the terms they were given. You now only need a statement of need and a letter from your doctor. Additional documentation, such as letters from the disability services department of your university confirming that you receive "similar accommodations" on timed-tests there, can also be helpful. @"Nicole Hopkins" @stepharizona
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @BruiserWoods... Accommodations such as extra time and "stop the clock" breaks are most definitely warranted for people suffering from an IBD related illness (Ulcerative Colitis, Chron's). It is a terrible medical condition and the accommodations I list above definitely level the playing field. @stepharizona, you should certainly apply for accommodations. I am sure that LSAC will give your application due consideration.
    edited April 2016 3197 karma
    Ahh ok good to know. Yep I am too late for June if I still test then, as it all had to be done before the deadline and you cant withdraw and do late registration. I might see for September though. I doubt I would get extra time, but the stop clock would be amazing for peace of mind. I have a Schedule A for federal government hiring, but it looks like Id need to have additional documentation from my doctor. But very good to know. Thanks @BruiserWoods

Hmm maybe I will call the LSAC on Monday to learn more.