Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 month left until the June LSAT

emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
in June 2015 LSAT 3462 karma
What are some important things to do during the last month of the LSAT...?

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 2116 karma
    Keep on PT'ing and BR'ing!

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Besides the obvious :) @ddakjiking
    I was thinking about making a list of things that we should not forget to keep in mind. Such as getting enough sleep & drinking plenty of water.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Make sure you are eating healthy! I caught a cold the week of the Feb test and may or may not have affected that final week of studying/rest.

Practice taking PT's around the actual time. Since check-in is 12:30pm, make sure to use the bathroom before then. Start the test no earlier than 1pm since it'll take at least 30 minutes to get started at the TC.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    I agree re sleep, water BRing and PTing - especially around time of test 1230.

I would also add a few other things:

A poster talked about the importance of habit list cycle referencing the book, The Power of Habit.

The idea is to make the whole process is a habit with your PTs so you can just "fall into habit" on Test day and treat it like "PT 75"

So just make habits before and during the PT ie eat the same stuff beforehand and exercise for 20 minutes before. Use the same pencil types during PT and have the same snacks during break. Make it all consistent so that on test day it grounds you.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @emli1000 i thought you weren't taking the test ;)
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    Same snacks during break...I like it @"Quick Silver"

One thing I want to start doing is taking PTs at the same time the LSAT is offered. I haven't been diligent about this at all so far, but I think it'll be good to make a habit of it.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Jengibre That's what I'm doing in 17 minutes hehe ... Ate my bacon, ready to rip!
    383 karma
    @nicole.hopkins I, on the other hand, recently woke up and will be starting PT 60 (that's what we're on, right?) in about an hour. #thisneedswork

And that reminds me...important question:

What is everyone's preferred LSAT snack?? (besides bacon...) hehe
    3462 karma
    @Jengibre I saw a lot of people with bananas and peanuts when I took the LSAT.
    3462 karma
    @"Quick Silver" of course, consistency is a must! And going in with the mindset that it's just another PT, PT 75, helps with anxiety on test day! It's the same as the other PT that you've taken before.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    @Jengibre When I took the LSAT, I had a carton of soy milk and some chocolate. What do you guys think is a healthy/good snack?
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    @mes08 a chocolate chip cliff bar. They're the best kind lol and banana is a good idea too, both raise blood sugar
    383 karma
    This is great. I think I'll go with the banana and cliff bar. :-D