Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blueprint v. 7sage

amaka.okonmaamaka.okonma Member
edited October 2020 in General 126 karma

Blueprint explanations vs JY? what do y’all think?

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited October 2020 4306 karma

Everyone learns differently...but for myself I have to say JY hands down lol. Apart from his clear and thorough explanations, I really enjoy that I not only hear the explanation but can visually see it being explained.

• melonballermelonballer Member
    24 karma

I think I'm probably biased (as are most of us on here lol), but 7Sage has been a game changer for me!

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    edited October 2020 730 karma

I took blueprint multiple times. I prefer 7sage. I didn't even think I was capable of doing any logic game of any kind (even easy one's) until 7sage. Feels like a student teaching me with similar real life concerns. Also appreciate J.Y's fool proofing approach.
    In Blueprint classes they teach new topics every class, with like 2 review days. I also like how J.Y gives an idea from the outset how much you should study and how long. THEY NEVER DO THAT IN BLUEPRINT.

Blueprint is cool but 7sage is better.

• amaka.okonmaamaka.okonma Member
    126 karma

Thank y'all so much for the input!

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    edited October 2020 620 karma

@"amaka.okonma" As a person who went for Blueprint first, I must say that I prefer 7sage for the nuanced explanations that I didn't really find with Blueprint all the time. I agree that everyone learns differently and it might take some trial and error to figure out what works best. I like Blueprint's explanations videos for the different question stems and it's really helpful in getting the basic foundation down. However, for fine-tuning problem areas, 7sage is definitely the better option imo. The way JY explains the logic questions and maps out all the problems helps to solidify things better for me. Also, Blueprint is very traditional when it comes to "memorizing" question stems and what to look for in RC passages (passage types etc.) and 7sage just cuts down the fluff on that. I was so over memorizing all the question stems and passages so this curriculum is refreshing. Best part is, 7sage is so much cheaper LOL I really regret spending so much on Blueprint's subscriptions :'(

For Logic Games, I actually think Nathan Fox's LG playbook is a hidden gem. It explains logic games in such a simple and digestible manner without all the complexities that Blueprint incorporates. I struggled a lot with LG in the beginning even though I started out with an intuition for it and I think it got worse because of the different tactics Blueprint taught me. With Fox's book, I literally utilize almost none of the tactics from Blueprint now because he just simplifies it so well. I now score around -1 to -3 on LG unless I am unable to complete all the problems within the time frame (which is unusual now with the exception of the dreaded misc games or time sink questions). With Fox you cut down on time and don't have to memorize different game/master boards etc.

• ulanabatiulanabati Alum Member
    25 karma

I first did Blueprint because I thought it seemed like a more simple program and I was short on time. I do think it was a good overview for someone who just started studying. However, JY is much more in detail and helpful. I prefer how the question types are categorized in 7sage, with JY constantly circling back to connect everything. I agree with the comment above me, 7sage is much better for fine tuning.

• amaka.okonmaamaka.okonma Member
    126 karma

Tysm! Going with 7Sage!

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Missed the boat, but I did both too. Blueprint's live teachers are dope. If you are talking about videos, JY and 7sage all day.