Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November 7 LSAT-Flex (US and Canada)

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited November 2020 in General 5740 karma

Announcement from LSAC:

• The November LSAT (USA and Canada) will be Flex
  • November LSAT-Flex will be administered the week starting Saturday, November 7. Most test takers will test on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, with a small number of tests occurring later in the week based on specific remote proctoring requirements.
  • The November LSAT-Flex will count toward the annual, multi-year, and lifetime limits on taking the LSAT.
  • Registration for the November LSAT-Flex is open through Wednesday, September 23. Candidates currently registered for the November LSAT may either take the November LSAT-Flex or opt out and receive a coupon that can be applied to any future test between January and April 2021.
  • Candidates should visit their LSAC account and submit the online form with their choice. If candidates do not submit their choice by September 23, they will be automatically registered for the November LSAT-Flex on or about September 26.
  • Any candidate who does not have the necessary equipment or an appropriate place to test should submit an online form in their LSAC account no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday, October 18, 2020
  • For the November test, score preview will cost $45 before 11:59 p.m. ET on November 6, or $75 after testing has concluded. First-time test takers who have an approved LSAT fee waiver will receive score preview free of charge.
  • Expected score release date is Friday, November 24.
  • Test is undisclosed.

More information about the score preview option can be found here.

More information about LSAT-Flex

Comments

• PFT CommenterPFT Commenter Core Member
    249 karma

On the LSAC website, I thought I read that the November test will be disclosed? Has something changed due to the test being flex? Or have I misunderstood?

• NickMacDNickMacD Member
    21 karma

It was meant to be disclosed when delivered in person. I registered for this test when it was meant to be in person and the email I received after the decision was made to go flex reads as follows: "Due to the demands of LSAT flex administration, this will be an undisclosed test".

• OnamshinOnamshin Alum Member
    77 karma

If I register before Sept 23 can I too opt out and schedule for the Jan to April 2021?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@"PFT Commenter" said:
    On the LSAC website, I thought I read that the November test will be disclosed? Has something changed due to the test being flex? Or have I misunderstood?

Hi there,

LSAC stated that due to the demands of the LSAT-Flex administration, the November LSAT-Flex will be an undisclosed test.

• UndoEricaUndoErica Core Member
    206 karma

Is there a known date yet when people taking the Nov. flex will pick what day/time they take the exam?

I just registered for November and was still prompted to pick a testing center, so I'm curious how picking a day/time works.

• laurenalexislaurenalexis Member
    edited August 2020 27 karma

This says the expected release date will be Friday, November 24th but that date falls on a Tuesday. Was it meant to say Friday, November 27th?

EDIT ** I found the answer on the LSAC website: "Currently, we are targeting Tuesday, November 24, as the score release date for all test takers, regardless of when they test during the week of November 7."

• hicks_c98hicks_c98 Core Member
    12 karma

@UndoErica said:
    Is there a known date yet when people taking the Nov. flex will pick what day/time they take the exam?

I just registered for November and was still prompted to pick a testing center, so I'm curious how picking a day/time works.

I am also registered for the November flex, I don't know when that option will be available. Probably at least not for another few business days because I check every day on my LSAC account and I get the same message that it "may take several days to process your request."
    Probably not very helpful, but I just keep checking my account every morning until I see something new or get an email.

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    905 karma

@cameron.hicks & @UndoErica The sign-ups open (based on the past Flex tests) about two/three weeks before the actual exam date, so maybe around the 1st of November or end of October. LSAC sends out an email when it's time and then there's a rush to sign up.

• xtang007xtang007 Member
    edited September 2020 4 karma

"Candidates should visit their LSAC account and submit the online form with their choice. If candidates do not submit their choice by September 23, they will be automatically registered for the November LSAT-Flex on or about September 26.

Any candidate who does not have the necessary equipment or an appropriate place to test should submit an online form in their LSAC account no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday, October 18, 2020"

Thanks! I was wondering these questions and found the link based on your explanation.

• lizardkinglizardking Yearly Member
    8 karma

Are all three sections on the FLEX test or are they randomized - Ex. two LR and one RC or One of each type

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@lizardking there is one of each section (LR, LG, RC) on the Flex

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Has anyone seen if they've posted the forms to request equipment or quiet locations yet?

• felixmadukajrfelixmadukajr Core Member
    8 karma

I'm a little confused. Online it says the November 2020 LSAT is on November 14th. Also, I don't really understand the concept of "Flex." This is my first time taking an official LSAT. Can someone explain?

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

They moved it up by about a week. A FLEX test is one LR, one RC, and one LG and is undisclosed.

• 61 karma

Does anyone know when we will be able to select test date/time?

• stmj3467stmj3467 Member
    edited September 2020 73 karma

I am trying to register for the November Flex and all I see are the actual test centers and I chose one that is close to where I live. Would this automatically change into Flex testing once I pay or am I actually stuck with the location that I choose. I know that the November test is flex but I am really confused because they let me choose the test center locations.

• Brian12693Brian12693 Core Member
    88 karma

@tmjg4637 said:
    I am trying to register for the November Flex and all I see are the actual test centers and I chose one that is close to where I live. Would this automatically change into Flex testing once I pay or am I actually stuck with the location that I choose. I know that the November test is flex but I am really confused because they let me choose the test center locations.

Yes it automatically updates

• SandwichelleSandwichelle Alum Member
    234 karma

@m_takes_a_test said:

Hi, just to let you know, I just received an email about the time/date selection for the October administration. So, judging by this timeline, you should be able to register for the November administration on or around November 1st (it's been 2 weeks prior to the first testing day available). Hope this helps. Best of luck!

• SaaamuelSaaamuel Alum Member
    edited September 2020 128 karma

Help

Does anyone know if we can take the November Flex outside of US/Canada?

For example, taking the LSAT November Flex while physically located in Europe or Asia??

• @AudieyaZ said:

@m_takes_a_test said:

Hi, just to let you know, I just received an email about the time/date selection for the October administration. So, judging by this timeline, you should be able to register for the November administration on or around November 1st (it's been 2 weeks prior to the first testing day available). Hope this helps. Best of luck!

That's helpful to me! Thank you for letting us know.

• mbmeowwwmbmeowww Member
    58 karma

My LSAC account still shows the November registration as a regular registration with the Los Angeles testing center, even though it tells me every time I log in that it will be switched to LSAT-Flex as I indicated. Should I be concerned that it doesn't show LSAT-Flex yet?

• mcruz945mcruz945 Core Member
    10 karma

Is taking the November LSAT too late for the admissions cycle?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@mcruz945 said:
    Is taking the November LSAT too late for the admissions cycle?

You may find our list of FAQ helpful: https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/faq/#LSAT. We answer questions about the LSAT and applying to law schools.

• aaa027aaa027 Core Member
    21 karma

Why on the LSAC website does it say the November LSAT will be administered the week of Nov. 7 but on another part of the website says it will be administered the week of Nov. 14 ???

• linImmlaw2021linImmlaw2021 Member
    86 karma

Will second-time test takers with a LSAC fee waiver be able to preview their score for free?

• sammychewssammychews Member
    210 karma

Where can you find information on creating a ProctorU account for the November LSAT?

• Does anyone know if this applies to people who are taking the Digital LSAT for the first time, or is it for first time LSAT takers in general?

"For the November test, score preview will cost $45 before 11:59 p.m. ET on November 6, or $75 after testing has concluded. First-time test takers who have an approved LSAT fee waiver will receive score preview free of charge."

• Dn3nyDn3ny Member
    45 karma

For the Score Preview, does that mean I have access to my score and get to decide if I want to keep it ? or is that something else??

• ChowChowChowChow Alum Member
    32 karma

Does anyone know when the last time slot for the test will be? I heard that the October FLEX was from 7am - 7pm EST. Does that mean that the last test will start at 7pm or end at 7pm?

• m.stainsm.stains Member
    27 karma

My adminstration date is November 14, 2020. Is this differnt because I have accomndations?

• Emmer28Emmer28 Core Member
    34 karma

This may be a silly question, however I have heard of some proctor exam services flagging the exam if there are slight noises from outside. I am planning on taking the exam at my work place building in my bosses office. There is music playing outside in the middle part of the building and outside the building that can slightly be heard through the windows. Would this get flagged? Should I try to find another location?

• AKReichertAKReichert Member
    100 karma

I signed up for the Nov flex test, but LSAC has not changed my registration from in-person to flex yet (test date currently shows as 11/14). Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't received any communication from them either.

Not worried yet, but curious what might be causing the delay.

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

@AKReichert said:
    I signed up for the Nov flex test, but LSAC has not changed my registration from in-person to flex yet (test date currently shows as 11/14). Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't received any communication from them either.

It’s the same for me. From what I’ve read online that’s normal and approximately two weeks before the test we’ll receive an email with further instructions on how to select a date and time for the test. Good luck next month!

• NtehjemehNtehjemeh Core Member
    36 karma

@AKReichert said:

Same for me as well.

100 karma

@claremont @Innanoshe FYI, as of today, LSAC updated my registration to the flex test :)

• dreaminginlogicdreaminginlogic Core Member
    24 karma

I'm having issues figuring out how to register for the LSAT writing. Does anyone know how to do this or is that option not available yet for the Nov FLEX? Do I have to register after I have taken the Nov FLEX? I am hoping to get my applications in ASAP after scores are released, so would like to take the writing ASAP as well, since there have been so many issues with them being flagged

100 karma

@dreaminginlogic The writing will open 8 days before the test date. If you login to the LSAC homepage and click on the LSAT header, you'll see that the LSAT Writing is in the dropdown menu. Click and scroll to the bottom. That's where you'll launch the writing portion of the test.

I took the LSAT in August and completed the writing two days after my test date. I made sure my testing room was totally clear of anything on the floor (like books or bags) and that my desk was clear except for pencils, blank scratch paper, and pencil sharpener. I followed the instructions exactly and received approval of my writing sample within one week. I suspect that if you follow their guidelines, you should be totally fine.

• KHansenAnneKHansenAnne Member
    52 karma

I submitted an accommodation form for the flex test on the 23rd. Should have heard back by now, should I reach out to them? Or give it more time?

• 179 karma

Does anybody know how to check laptop and webcam functionality before the actual test day? When I registered to write for the November test, there was a link to ProctorU to check equipment but I was under the impression I had to create a ProctorU account to do so, which I didn't. Was I supposed to create an account? Has anyone else encountered this?
    Thank you in advance!

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

As others have mentioned, how do we know the exact date we are testing? It starts on November 7 and gives a few other other dates.

• booksandcoffeebooksandcoffee Core Member
    107 karma

Have they released the time slots yet? to sign up for dates and times?

• ajroks08ajroks08 Alum Member
    51 karma

@KHansenAnne said:
    I submitted an accommodation form for the flex test on the 23rd. Should have heard back by now, should I reach out to them? Or give it more time?

I know some people that have gotten it already, check your LSAT Test Registration Status

• sammychewssammychews Member
    210 karma

@rthabata said:
    Have they released the time slots yet? to sign up for dates and times?

I have not received an email, I think we should get it in the next few days

• Old MacbethOld Macbeth Member
    23 karma

Hopefully the last LSAT I will ever have to take. Good luck everybody.

• SoupCitySoupCity Member
    40 karma

@"He Who Must Not Be Named" said:
    Does anybody know how to check laptop and webcam functionality before the actual test day? When I registered to write for the November test, there was a link to ProctorU to check equipment but I was under the impression I had to create a ProctorU account to do so, which I didn't. Was I supposed to create an account? Has anyone else encountered this?
    Thank you in advance!

I did a computer test before my October test and I believe I followed links LSAC emailed me in order to do so. I tried to test mine early too, but I don't think I could without making an account either.

• luxembourg93luxembourg93 Alum Member
    42 karma

What internet browser do previous LSAT Flex takers recommend? Chrome, Firefox or Safari?

• LadyLawyerLadyLawyer Alum Member
    146 karma

Hey guys I'm confused I thought the November LSAT was on the 14th? Or have I gone bonkers?

• 179 karma

@SoupCity Thank you!

• qs2159qs2159 Member
    342 karma

@nicholas.patrick.teske I read on reddit that people recommend Chrome and Firefox

• qs2159qs2159 Member
    342 karma

@LadyLawyer I think LSAC move the date to 11/7 for flex. Original date was on 11/14