Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are scores out?

spinosanspinosan Alum Member

Did anybody else get an email from LSAC that the score preview for their october lsat is available, but there is no score posted on the website? So confused right now

Comments

• spinosanspinosan Alum Member
    187 karma

and yes, my writing had been accepted already

• Feyre ArchFeyre Arch Core Member
    16 karma

I got the same email and cannot see mine as well!

187 karma

yeah and i'm trying to call lsac, sounds like others are having teh same issue cause their lines are so busy my call won't even go through

187 karma

thankful i'm not alone here!

• garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
    186 karma

Same! Oh LSAC, get your shit together

• kenedimkenedim Core Member
    37 karma

I think they made a mistake and sent the mass email out too early... I cannot see mine either and I have score preview

• philipp2232philipp2232 Member
    9 karma

same issue here

• 32 karma

Same issue! The email said we would have until October 28th to decide and we get 6 days to decided whether to keep or cancel... So in theory, today would be correct.

• kchurichkchurich Member
    70 karma

Same thing and the entire phone line is busy, everyone must be calling. I hope they just release it because this was a terrible fake-out

• garryathwalgarryathwal Member
    14 karma

same here!

• nmeghrounibrownnmeghrounibrown Core Member
    64 karma

I have score preview but nothing. I swear, the amount of stress LSAC as a company has caused me during this process...

• yushankuo33yushankuo33 Core Member
    edited October 2020 6 karma

I saw my score on LSAC website two hours ago, but it disappeared later.. Anything wrong?

• luxetveritasluxetveritas Member
    64 karma

@yushankuo33 whattt? that's so weird - at least you were able to see your score...

LSAC said it was a mistake.

187 karma

yeah apparently they weren't supposed to be released today and (fair warning) lsac allegedly said to someone that the score you saw may or may not be your actual score. so that email we received was a mistake, and the score you saw may or may not be accurate, just a heads up. it will be released tomorrow at 9am for sure (this is what i've been reading on the forums and twitter, take it all with a grain of salt)

• 32 karma

I spoke to a LSAC rep after being on hold for awhile. They said that it was a mistake and that if you have score preview, you will have until October 29 to decide.

Funny part of call was when I told the rep that they should send out an email or post about it because many people are confused and they responded “maybe.”

• josee.varnerjosee.varner Member
    edited October 2020 11 karma

@spinosan the email says that the score we would have seen today is accurate... hopefully that’s true...

• sakethsaran1998-1sakethsaran1998-1 Alum Member
    246 karma

@yushankuo33 Were the scores on par with your PT average? How did you find the curve?

• BibimbobBibimbob Member
    40 karma

HI I have not submitted my writing sample yet, and I took October LSAT Flex. Does that mean I will not be able to see my score ever? Or would I be able to see it once I submit the writing sample and it gets accepted?

@sakethsaran1998 said:
    @yushankuo33 Were the scores on par with your PT average? How did you find the curve?

Yes, it's about my PT average. But, I don't know if it's the actual score until 9 AM ..

• sakethsaran1998-1sakethsaran1998-1 Alum Member
    246 karma

@yushankuo33 LSAC confirmed that the scores they released by mistake are correct. The same was said my Dave Kiloran of Powerscore.

187 karma

... was anyone else's score well below their PT average? like 10 points below? i didn't feel fantastic on test day, but wow this is kind of shocking. anybody else?

187 karma

my practice tests were realistic too, didn't give myself more than a minute between each...

• ssheralissherali Member
    53 karma

Same here - I scored about 11 points below my PT average, and I don't know what happened - the exam didn't feel terrible, at least when I was working on it!

• kchurichkchurich Member
    70 karma

@spinosan yes!! not by 10 points but def below average, and I left the exam feeling so confident!!

• detroit_suzukadetroit_suzuka Alum Member
    194 karma

I got right at the lower end of PT's

Which was my diagnostic :-/

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

I also scored at the lower end of my PTs, a few points below my overall average and well below my most recent practice tests. Very bummed that I will be postponing applying to law school for another year so I can take another lsat in the spring and dreading telling my recommenders ):

• Lawyer LoochLawyer Looch Alum Member
    105 karma

@WouldRatherBeEating Is it possible to get the recommendation and use it for next year's cycle? :0

• BibimbobBibimbob Member
    40 karma

I was expecting around 172 and got 162 too so like -10 points than my diagnostics average

• the19rowsthe19rows Member
    38 karma

I've been studying for a year and same. My score was about 7 points lower than I was expecting. I am devastated.

• 67 karma

I am right on point with my average. I got a 163.

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

@"Lawyer Looch" said:
    @WouldRatherBeEating Is it possible to get the recommendation and use it for next year's cycle? :0

I plan to ask my recommenders to save the letters they have written / started writing but I’m pretty sure I will have to ask them to submit them next year as they have to use a link provided by LSAC. And I’ll probably have to ask my one recommender to update her letter next year as I still work at that job. Either way I have to let them know that I’m postponing though because they are both big supporters of mine and are vicariously invested in this process for me haha.