Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7sage! 178!!

motximotximotximotxi Member
edited October 2020 in October 2020 LSAT 88 karma

Just wanted to say goodbye to this wonderful community and thank JY and everyone else for helping us thru this process. I started at a 159 diagnostic and after my third try got a 178, which I cannot believe!!

Edited to add some tips:

Honestly can't believe this score and can't quite fathom what that means for me as a reapplicant but just wanted to say that if you are privileged enough to be able to take a month off work and move in with your parents so that they feed you and nurture you and you can just focus on studying and exercising and meditating and can afford to pay $100+ to a great tutor (shout out apollo prep!) then everything is doable!!!
Much love to those juggling work and families out there, this game is unfair!

A few have asked for tips, so here are some:
- If you can, just take the time off to focus on the test. you need all the energy to work on this! To me this looked like taking 6 weeks off work, using one to travel and unwind, and the other 5 to just focus.
- My schedule in this last month was: 8/9 get up, 45 min of yoga and meditation, breakfast while reading the news, study (either a full test (Monday, Weds, Friday) or review the PTs I had done), then at 2:30 break for lunch, read until 4pm, then study 4-6, 30 min work out, 7-8 study, 8, dinner and done for the day. I'd read at night and tried to avoid watching TV, I also did yoga before bed. I'd study on Saturdays too but then I'd make sure to go see friends and I'd spend Sundays with my family not studying. No drugs no alcohol for the last 5 weeks.
- in terms of the actual LSAT prep,
-- for LR I had already done 7sage and read the loophole and felt I had a pretty solid background, so I got a tutor (apollo prep, I really recommend them!!) and realized that lol my background wasn't as sturdy. We'd just review questions I got wrong after blind review together and it was very useful.
-- for LG, I did all miscellaneous games and all hard games, I realized my weak point was facing new games I had not seen before so I just did that over and over, also reviewed games but focused mostly on knowing how to tackle them.
-- for RC, I read a lot and I tried to have a conversation with the writer as a read.

Good luck everyone!!

Comments