Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do we know what day we are assigned to take the November LSAT Flex?

emmav-23emmav-23 Alum Member
in General 28 karma

I am a little confused because I have been continuously checking the LSAC website to see if there are any updates on the day and time that I will be taking the November Flex Exam. To people who have already taken a Flex Test, when did you find out all the specific details of when you were taking it? We are two weeks away and I figured they would have this information available at this point.

Comments

• dmdawnersdmdawners Member
    10 karma

Was just wondering the same thing. I took it before it august and Im pretty sure I had my time slot selected and everything ready around a month in advance. I just checked lsac and it has me registered but nothing else... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• wingustinwingustin Member
    18 karma

For the August LSAT, we all received an email letting us schedule our Flex via ProctorU about two weeks before the test was supposed to start. We're past that by maybe half a week now... so hopefully it comes in soon, unless they're going to do something different this time around.

• 115 karma

They are going to send us all a sign-up email exactly 9 days before the 7th. It's inconveniently buried in the LSAC website.

• kaatrianakaatriana Member
    61 karma

I called them and all they said was that it will be "sometime late this week." I feel you, this has been the source of tremendous anxiety for me. I work and can't afford to miss out on any more hours than I absolute need to. Not to mention the value of peace of mind. Ugh. I have choice words for the LSAT.

• 115 karma

This is an excerpt from LSAC's "About the LSAT-Flex" page:

"When exactly will the test be administered?

The November LSAT-Flex will occur the week starting Saturday, November 7, 2020. We expect that most test takers will test on either Saturday, November 7; Sunday, November 8; Tuesday, November 10; or Wednesday, November 11, with a small number of tests occurring later in the week based on specific remote proctoring requirements. We will open the scheduling sign-up process about 9 days before the first day of testing in November. We will provide more information and instructions to test takers prior to that time."

• emmav-23emmav-23 Alum Member
    28 karma

It's causing me anxiety as well because I would feel much better knowing my exact date at this time :( Do we get to pick the day or do they assign it to us? Or is it like we pick but it isn't guaranteed ?

• 115 karma

@emmav-23 I'm confident we get to select which date works best for us on a first come first serve basis. I would recommend refreshing your email once every couple of hours if getting a specific time is a high priority for you --- don't stress yourself though one day earlier or later won't have any bearing on your hard work and preparation 💪🏼

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

You do get to pick, but if you log in to ProctorU early on the day of sign-up (watch for that email), you can select the "forgot password" and, using the email associated with your LSAC account, get in before it is open to all registrants to make sure you can get the day/time you need. It is a funky glitch they have not yet fixed, so take advantage! Feel free to check around, there are several vlogs and podcasts with reference to this "feature." Good luck!

• gigi_m1308gigi_m1308 Alum Member
    149 karma

do we have to create a proctoru account prior to signing up for our test day/time? I haven't heard anything about this and I want to make sure I get the date I want because it is the only day I am available. Also, how do I sign up for ProctorU?

• madi2639madi2639 Member
    117 karma

@gigi_m1308 said:
    do we have to create a proctoru account prior to signing up for our test day/time? I haven't heard anything about this and I want to make sure I get the date I want because it is the only day I am available. Also, how do I sign up for ProctorU?

They will send you an email! LSAC creates your ProctorU account using the email you signed up for LSAC with. They'll automate a password and you can change it.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@gluckmachnich10 The testing goes until the 11th? (Remembrance day?) I totally thought it was only until the 10th!

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

Will we be able to complete the writing sample then the day after we are able to pick our test date? Do we need to download or do anything special for that or will it be relatively straight forward?

• 115 karma

@cpeaks13 They sent out the email with full instructions this morning. We all select our preferred date(s) on October 30th.

• KHansenAnneKHansenAnne Member
    52 karma

I got an email saying date selection was 12pm EST on the 29th.

• johnnytsunamijohnnytsunami Member
    86 karma

wtf. I have received no email.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

@cpeaks13 testing goes through the 12th, so you have even more time! Your LSAC account should have the availability date of your writing sample listed which will be grayed out until that date. Once available there will be a clickable link to launch.

86 karma

FYI, I just went in and scheduled. I didn't think it opened until noon today but I just checked in case and I had no problem scheduling. Didn't have to pull any type of special maneuver. Perhaps everyone already knows this.

• alexmahmoudalexmahmoud Core Member
    89 karma

@johnschengber said:
    FYI, I just went in and scheduled. I didn't think it opened until noon today but I just checked in case and I had no problem scheduling. Didn't have to pull any type of special maneuver. Perhaps everyone already knows this.

how? I logged into both LSAC and ProctorU and don't see an option to pick a day..

86 karma

@alexmahmoud I'm not sure ... it was just there. I took the August test so I already had a ProctorU account. The browser remembered me so I didn't have to login. Not sure why the sign-ups were already available.

• TiltGuruTiltGuru Core Member
    4 karma

@"emmav-23" said:
    I am a little confused because I have been continuously checking the LSAC website to see if there are any updates on the day and time that I will be taking the November Flex Exam. To people who have already taken a Flex Test, when did you find out all the specific details of when you were taking it? We are two weeks away and I figured they would have this information available at this point.

Check your e-mail, they require you to make a ProctorU account and sign up for a day/time. You should do this soon to make sure you dont get a 7am timeslot.