Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!

BigJay20BigJay20 Member
in General 438 karma

Is it worth taking the LSAT for the experience? I'm averaging mid 160; primarily because I get brain fatigue when LR isn't the first section (I can work on that). FOr those who've taken it and those who haven't, is it worth taking the test to get a feel of it?

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4588 karma

Hey! I always say do not take this test unless you are ready. You would be trading off one of your very valuable limited test takes to gain experience that you could easily simulate yourself in your own home. The cons of taking a test when you’re not ready outweigh the pros of doing so. Also, why have a low score on your record when you don’t need to?

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

^ I agree. Also, keep in mind some schools take the average of your scores. Don't have a lower score on your record than you need to.

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

@Christopherr said:
    Hey! I always say do not take this test unless you are ready. You would be trading off one of your very valuable limited test takes to gain experience that you could easily simulate yourself in your own home. The cons of taking a test when you’re not ready outweigh the pros of doing so. Also, why have a low score on your record when you don’t need to?

Thank you. I guess no christmas and thanksgiving for me

• 1952 karma

i agree. take it when you're ready. the real test feels really similar (if you've been practicing strictly under time conditions). and save your score preview option. that option will give you a great peace of mind when taking the exam that you'll crush! good luck!