Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Flex sign up

JLawSchoolCJLawSchoolC Member
edited October 2020 in General 115 karma

Can you sign up for proctor u and schedule the flex exam from a phone or does it have to be on a computer?

Comments

• yeahniceyeahnice Core Member
    123 karma

you can do it via phone.
    I know LSAC says the scheduling opens tomorrow but it's actual available now. (I just scheduled mine)
    I took the August and October LSAT and I scheduled a day earlier than the day/time LSAC told us to for both tests and it was perfectly fine.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@yeahnice how exactly do you schedule now? I just tried and didn't see any options, and not sure how without the email etc
    Thanks!

• JLawSchoolCJLawSchoolC Member
    115 karma

@yeahnice how were you able to sign up now ??

• desrameauxashleydesrameauxashley Core Member
    4 karma

I was able to sign up on ProctorU right now! Pretty much all times were available.

• How were you able to set up a ProctorU account? I kept getting an error message when I tried to enroll?

115 karma

When you signed up, is there a November 12th option or is it only the 7th, 8th, 10th and 11th?

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I just signed up on my phone and the last date available was the 11th. I would recommend not waiting until the last day.

115 karma

@FindingSage Why would you recommend not waiting until the last day? Just wondering.

496 karma

success! thank you for this information!

496 karma

@jayemcee95 there was no 12th:( just up to the 11th

115 karma

@cpeaks13 did you sign up for the 11th? FindingSage recommended not signing up for the last day... do you happen to know why?

• sans-coeursans-coeur Member
    84 karma

I was allowed to do it today online. I just reset my password lol

• x1amp9898x1amp9898 Member
    203 karma

Do you know what times of day are being offered?

• kaatrianakaatriana Member
    61 karma

@cspeaks13 can you please explain how to sign up? I don't see this option anywhere

edited October 2020 84 karma

@kaatriana said:
    @cspeaks13 can you please explain how to sign up? I don't see this option anywhere

you must already have a proctoru account or the method I used doesn't work. And this proctoru account is made by LSAT (meaning LSAT had to send you the account info to login, which isnt avaible rn if you havent taken the flex before yet), and I took Oct so I had one already. I just reset my pw to access it because for some reason my pw wasnt working

• kaatrianakaatriana Member
    61 karma

@cspeaks13 @FindingSage when I go to ProctorU and try and make an account it says "this institution does not support...etc"

115 karma

Anyone have insight on why it was recommended by someone in the thread not to sign up for the last day of testing??

84 karma

@jayemcee95 said:
    Anyone have insight on why it was recommended by someone in the thread not to sign up for the last day of testing??

If you have an issue, there is less of a chance that LSAT will reschedule it quickly if there needs to be a reschedule due to timing. But it honestly doesn't matter that much.

• hannahannahhannahannah Member
    26 karma

@h> @jayemcee95 said:

I think he was suggesting that you shouldn't wait to sign up for a slot for NOV-Flex because they get filled really quickly and the remaining options are limited. I think he was recommending to just for a slot that works ASAP. :)

• 162 karma

So I've never taken the LSAT before but did some research. You can sign up for a ProctorU account by putting the institution as the acer LSAC, that doesn't give you an error. I then had to fill out my info etc and my account already had the Nov FLEX on it. I just scheduled my test. There was plenty of days/times available

496 karma

@sans-coeur I'm confused by your comment, as I have never written the LSAT but I made a proctor U account and scheduled the test today?

496 karma

@jayemcee95 I signed up for the 11th, as for me the longer to study the more beneficial at this point!

123 karma

if you haven't ever signed up before, go to proctoru, put in the email for your lsac account and request forgot password!

and in terms of why the 12th wasn't available, i think it's only available for PST. My account was set for PST because that's where I took the October LSAT, but after I switched to EST, where I am now, the 12th option went away.

The only times available for the 12th is 7AM PST ish so I'm guessing that's why it's not available for those who are in EST or even Central.

496 karma

@yeahnice mine is PST but I couldn't even choose the 12th....

edited October 2020 123 karma

@cpeaks13 Did you try searching for 7AM?

• Mel09178Mel09178 Member
    7 karma

I have an account already but it is not letting me sign up? I'm in the EST time zone, anyone else figure out how to sign up?

496 karma

@yeahnice I did! I wonder if maybe they're all booked, but I tried a couple hours ago, so thats weird, oh well

123 karma

@cpeaks13 HM, that's weird! I just went in to double check and there's slots open for 650, 700, every ten minutes all the way to 840 AM PST. Is your account settings set to US/Pacific?

123 karma

@melanievill0501 Is your proctoru account from LSAC or is it a different account from a different institution?

123 karma

And for those who have never done this before, this is the email I got when I first signed up for August Flex.

"The online reservation tool for the August LSAT-Flex is now open through ProctorU. This email explains how to set up your ProctorU account and schedule the date and time for your LSAT-Flex exam.

Step 1: Set up your ProctorU account. Go to https://go.ProctorU.com/session/new and set up your account, using these temporary credentials:

User name: (Your lsac email)
    Password: (A random temporary password, but since you won't know this until they send it to you, you would have click on forgot password on proctoru to set up one)

• Mel09178Mel09178 Member
    7 karma

@yeahnice its from LSAC

123 karma

@melanievill0501 I'm guessing you'll need to wait till tomorrow's official time then. If it doesn't even then, contact LSAC asap!

496 karma

@yeahnice omg wth!! yes -800 US/Pacific, I would way rather the 12th so this is lame

123 karma

@cpeaks13 Yikes. You could try again tomorrow when the slots officially open (rescheduling is free)

edited October 2020 2042 karma

I wouldn’t wait until the last day because if you have any problems it is difficult to get a makeup scheduled and even if you do you are then stressed and tired. I had a major issue in August. I was using a newer MAC computer and there was a bug that they didn’t disclose. I spent hours going around in circle on the last day of the test ( which was a Wednesday). When I had had enough I called LSAC and they told me there was no other day I had to keep trying. I tried to take that test from 10 am to 6 pm and never could. ProctorU just kept giving me the same directions over and over.
    I spent all of Thursday trying to get a makeup and finally scheduled on Friday. It was stressful and way too much stress. If you have a problem earlier in the testing you will at least have a couple of days or more until makeup tests. Powerscore just did a podcast also echoing this thought.

• sonyanmattissonyanmattis Member
    34 karma

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I was able to sign up early for my chosen date/time but I haven't received a confirmation email. For those who have taken the LSAT-Flex, do you get a confirmation email once you've chosen a time slot?

• TheQueenTheQueen Member
    edited October 2020 87 karma

It wants me to select an institution and then says the LSAC doesn't permit making a proctor U account. Help!

Update: I figured it out, you just reset your password like everyone said. Also: YOU ALL HAD ME TRIPPING SO HARD WTF EVERY TIME SLOT WAS AVAILABLE FFS YOU ALL HAD ME STRESSED AF! Don't freak out like me just go register, lol.

Update again: No one said that everything was booked I just read one comment wrong and had an aneurism. Sorry for yelling, all. Think I'm stressed about this damn test?

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    edited October 2020 437 karma

All the Monday Nov 9 time slots are gone... or is that just me?

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

@FindingSage Thanks for sharing and I'm sorry about the experience :(
    So in October, even though you signed up and tested for the last day (Wednesday), you were still able to get a reschedule in on Friday? So they were just hosting extra sessions?

• fariah.tfariah.t Member
    48 karma

Also, for those of you who were confused on the Nov 12 test date not being there when booking, this might give you some insight. I have accommodations for the exam and the only day they let me book a time slot was Nov 12. So, its possible most of the time slots that day are booked off for those with accommodations etc.

• leannafrazer-1leannafrazer-1 Core Member
    59 karma

@sonyanmattis said:
    Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I was able to sign up early for my chosen date/time but I haven't received a confirmation email. For those who have taken the LSAT-Flex, do you get a confirmation email once you've chosen a time slot?

I signed up in October and today and didn't get confirmation emails. About a week after signing up though we receive instructions from LSAC for taking the Flex. Also, you can see your test time and date in ProctorU to confirm.

Hope that helps!

2042 karma

@nw_39796 I had multiple friends take the LSAT in May. Everyone that had MACS had problems. Hours and hours connecting in the first place. Some disconnected part of the way into the test. I had one friend who was applying for 2020 and now applying for 2021 because her test wasn't able to be completed. I have also heard alot of great things about smooth the test is when everything works correctly and how nice it is to test in your own home. I signed up for July and decided to try my newer MAC. I figured ProctorU should have fixed their MAC issues though I was still apprehensive. To my surprise connecting was a breeze, ProctorU was easy to use and the Proctor even wished me good luck. I had to cancel that test due to an unrelated environmental reason.
    When I had problems with the August test, it never occurred me there was a system wide MAC/ ProctorU compatibility issue. I had made no changes at all to my computer and spent so many hours trying to fix the issue. LSAC will not tell you this voluntarily, but every Flex test there is a Friday reserved for make up tests. But trust me when I tell you, they allow very very few people to even be considered for it. Despite the fact that I had never seen the test, I had to contact LSAC multiple times and spend hours on the phone. I didn't even know I was approved for the make up until Thursday late evening and then had to schedule my test the morning of the test. As a single Mom my time is limited without my daughter so this was stressful. I spent almost two hours again going through the nightmare of trying to connect with my MAC. Finally I went and got a old laptop that I literally hadn't even turned on for 6 months. I was a nervous wreck that something would go wrong. While it connected to ProtorU and no problem with all their security ect it literally froze as I was reading the directions to the Proctor. I was a nervous mess the entire test, waiting for that computer to freeze.
    I heard on Powerscore's podcast a couple of days later that both LSAC and ProctorU knew there was a bug with MAC/ProctorU and said nothing. They allowed me to go through that kind of experience, and should not have. I am taking November LSAT and will be using a Dell PC from work as I won't chance it with a MAC again.

edited October 2020 496 karma

Does anyone know how the writing sample works? Ive asked this a million times but no-one has given any insight yet.....I heard it opens up tomorrow? Does that mean we can just launch it any time tomorrow onwards whenever works for our schedule?

HELP