Jan Flex - Full PrepTest or Simulate Flex?

TiffanyBTiffanyB Member
edited October 2020 in General 26 karma

Hi all!
I’m taking the Jan 2021 FLEX. I’ve completed the core curriculum and have now moved on to taking PTs. I’m curious to know if others who are signed up for FLEX are taking full PrepTest or simulating the FLEX with only three sections? It feels like by taking FLEX PTs, I’m leaving valuable resources on the table (practice questions). But I also, want to make make sure my practice is as close to test day as possible. Suggestions?

Comments

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Flex all the way. The exams for the rest of this cycle (Jan, Feb, Apr) are all Flex so makes no sense to do the 4-section PTs. And you're not leaving resources on the table, you can always use the extra LR to drill. That's what I've been doing, and it really helps me because LR is my weakest section.

• 1952 karma

^i agree. save that extra lr for drilling. i personally use that extra lr to make a problem set and create an extra "pt" that i can take.

• TiffanyBTiffanyB Member
    26 karma

Thanks folks! I was really torn, but using that extra section for drilling and to make problem sets are both great ideas. @goforbroke LR is my weakest section as well...so that’s helpful.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@TiffanyB said:
    Hi all!
    I’m taking the Jan 2021 FLEX. I’ve completed the core curriculum and have now moved on to taking PTs. I’m curious to know if others who are signed up for FLEX are taking full PrepTest or simulating the FLEX with only three sections? It feels like by taking FLEX PTs, I’m leaving valuable resources on the table (practice questions). But I also, want to make make sure my practice is as close to test day as possible. Suggestions?

I generally agree with the others. It is a lot more efficient timewise. I usually do the fourth section before the the other three as a problem set then the other three. One advantage of doing a full flex is you get a better idea of your typical performance, but you could balance that out but recording your answers in the problem set and transferring them over when you do the other three sections.