Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

studying advice for fall 2021 cycle

ev_jr615ev_jr615 Core Member
in General 66 karma

Hello, I recently graduated from college this past spring. I have been studying for the LSAT since then, took the Live Blueprint course and I raised my score 10 points in those 3 months. I started in the mid 130s, and I am looking to get into the 160s. I started an internship in the middle of September for 36 hours a week and it ends in the middle of December, it has been difficult to balance studying but I try to get at least 2-3 hours in 4 days a week and 6 during the weekend. I took a break from taking any PT's and drilling to read the Loophole book. Any advice on how I should approach 7sage (looking into purchasing their monthly plan), setting a study schedule and setting potential test date for me?

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Are you sending applications in Fall 2021 or starting school in Fall 2021?

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

The question above is good. Also if you are in the mid-140s (started in mid 130s and raised ten points) I would stay away from PTing for now. In that range, you are still working on the fundamentals across all sections. That is totally fine. You have heaps of time, but don't go blowing through all the PTs before you are ready to get the full benefit out of them.

You should approach 7sage by methodically working through the Core Curriculum a few hours a day five to six days a week. The CC will get your base understanding up. Hopefully that will push you closer to the point where you will be ready to PT

• ev_jr615ev_jr615 Core Member
    66 karma

@noonawoon @EagerestBeaver I am sending applications Fall 2021! Thank you for this advice, I am trying to stay motivated and want to make sure I am using the right materials.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

If you want to send apps Fall 2021 I think you should definitely aim to take it in late spring or early summer to give yourself the opportunity to retake in case things don't go as expected the first go around! It helps to map out a long term schedule for what that would look like - the week you want to be done with CC, the week you want to start PTing, how many PTs you want to finish, etc. With PTs it really is about quality over quantity, but a greater quantity can also help with pattern recognition. So there is a balance

• BeMoreChill99BeMoreChill99 Member
    44 karma

Hi! I don't really have anything different to say. I agree w everyone. Aim to take the LSAT this spring. Set your schedule for one of the exams in the late spring and continue studying the way you are studying (maybe increase the time you spend studying but first you will have to work out time management so you won't fall behind in work for your internship).Good luck!

• ev_jr615ev_jr615 Core Member
    66 karma

Thank you all so much for this advice and motivation to continue going! It is along process but I am determined. While going through CC will there be drilling? Also how do you all recommend me really studying the CC content in order to retain it? Flashcards? Taking notes and going over them?