Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Election and November Flex

AKReichertAKReichert Member
edited October 2020 in General 100 karma

Anyone else who is taking the November LSAT-Flex underestimate how much brain space the election would take up? I know I should turn off the news, but it's SO hard. UGH.

Comments

• avoro002avoro002 Alum Member
    336 karma

@AKReichert yes, same here! As far as I know the results of the elections wouldn't be announced on the 3rd and could take who knows how long. I'm already anxious about the waiting game.

• ryan_georgeryan_george Member
    9 karma

Definitely hard to study with so much uncertainty

• eedoka07eedoka07 Member
    9 karma

OMG so true!!!

• TheQueenTheQueen Member
    87 karma

Anyone worried that a civil war is going to begin and we'll be trying to get our LSAT in amidst bombings, gunfire, and martial law?

• 109 karma

@TheQueen said:
    Anyone worried that a civil war is going to begin and we'll be trying to get our LSAT in amidst bombings, gunfire, and martial law?

I already have my addendum drafted up.

• Same.

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

Think LSAT. Law school ......... Some study, no study or much study. A wise person said, "If person X studies hard for the LSAT their score will be great". Person X watched tv while studying for the LSAT. What can we infer? Answer choices (A) correct. Too much studying. Had to take a break.

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

Suggestion: Watch a video lesson.

• achampion2achampion2 Core Member
    7 karma

Compartmentalization is key! No news or politic talk until the test is complete!

• 18 karma

Changed to Jan for this very reason lol. (Also an international student)

• Brian12693Brian12693 Core Member
    88 karma

In theory you could go into your test not knowing who the next president is and coming out on the other side extremely disappointed....so I would definitely focus on that lol

• KHansenAnneKHansenAnne Member
    52 karma

Ive had to compartmentalize that part of my brain for the time being.. anyone who knows me knows I would be out knocking doors and all that at this time of year but I had to do myself a favor and not commit to do it. SUCKS. Wish I would have thought that through before signing up.

• MargotMargot Core Member
    9 karma

Yes, absolutely. So stressed and anxious that there's gonna be an all-out civil war and I'll be trying to do a logic game with gunshots in the background lol.

• RobfellnerRobfellner Member
    17 karma

As a lawyer, your client's case must be handled as competently as you possibly can, regardless of what is going on in the world at the time. Allowing world events to distract and prevent you from providing the best possible legal representation you can is not acceptable. Imagine a client who is wrongly convicted of a crime, for example, because you allowed world events to distract you from presenting a compelling closing argument at trial.

Writing an addendum to justify a poor November LSAT score is unwise. If I were the admissions director, I would consider such a statement to be an indication of an extreme weakness in a candidate, rather than a valid excuse for a low score.