Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

162 Jan to 164 July to 171 Oct

jackmmmmjackmmmm Yearly Member
in General 103 karma

I really hate this test. Like I really really do. But I finally beat it! I have three pieces of advice:

1. On RC, if you are struggling with time or around -5/-7, you're probably going back to the passage way more than you need. Try going back less. You'll save time, but probably not much accuracy.

2. Chill out on test day! My anxiety DESTROYED me (and my score) on the July exam. Part of my success on the Oct exam was that I had adapted a "f*ck it, what ever happens, happens" attitude after the emotional rollercoaster of the first two exams. I was able to focus on the questions on the test on Oct, instead of worrying about how the test was going while taking it. Try to calm down!

3. For LR, before July, I was getting -3/-4 purely on intuition. I hadn't really understood argument structures, indicators, etc. Starting to actually learn the logic of what was going on made me much more consistently score -1/-2.

Before my Jan exam: Khan Academy, Bibles, 7sage
Before my July Exam: 7sage (mostly PTs, not much curriculum)
Before my Oct Exam: Tutoring (DM me for info, I highly recommend my dude)

Standardized testing is a classist scam designed to gatekeep higher education. I despise the fact that the LSAT ruled my life for 1.5 years, but I'm immensely proud of myself for persevering. You can do it too!

My diagnostic was a 147!! It took me a month to get to the 150s, 3 months to get to the 160s, and alllll the rest to get to the 170s. YOU CAN DO IT! It will suck. But this test is learnable. You got this.

Comments