Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FYI November people, here are the sources of Flex tests to date.

canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
edited November 2020 in General 8313 karma

Source: Powerscore's November Crystal Ball Webinar

https://i.imgur.com/tWIcbyn.png

Also of note, the released form (of which there were several - IIRC 16 of them but don't quote me) of the May Flex ended up being a -9 curve, BUT there was at least some indication that the released scale might have been composed after the release... which kind of makes one wonder if a different method was used on the actual test.

Comments

• amaka.okonmaamaka.okonma Member
    126 karma

Thanks for posting this!

• cmoren21cmoren21 Member
    217 karma

Can you explain a little bit what the curve means on this exam?

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2020 8313 karma

@cmoren21 said:
    Can you explain a little bit what the curve means on this exam?

Curve is typically referred to as the number of wrong answers that will result in a 170. The graphic has a range for the predicted curve because there were several forms of each test pulled from the various sections of the referenced source tests.

• cmoren21cmoren21 Member
    217 karma

Makes sense! Thank you!

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    edited November 2020 347 karma

Thanks!

• cat.casacat.casa Member
    168 karma

sorry, what does PT source range mean? are they repeating questions from previous exams?

• lsatdiva333lsatdiva333 Member
    227 karma

Does this include international flex as well?

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

@canihazJD thanks, I watched the Webinar. Do you know what Powerscore refers to In/Out games as? They have their pretty standard 'prediction' but as a 7Sager, I don't know their terminology for in/out games.

• 109 karma

@nanabillan In/Out is grouping.

8313 karma

@"cat.casa" said:
    sorry, what does PT source range mean? are they repeating questions from previous exams?

They are showing what tests were drawn from to make the different forms of each Flex test, and what PTs correspond to the timeframe of those tests. So yes, the flex test sections have all been previously administered.

8313 karma

@nanabillan said:
    @canihazJD thanks, I watched the Webinar. Do you know what Powerscore refers to In/Out games as? They have their pretty standard 'prediction' but as a 7Sager, I don't know their terminology for in/out games.

Not 100% but I believe they just lump them in with grouping games.

• PlatinumPlatinum Member
    363 karma

Outstanding! Thank you for posting this information.

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

This is probably a silly question, but its safe to say that LSAC just repeats they're older tests?

8313 karma

@wadduppeeeeeps said:
    This is probably a silly question, but its safe to say that LSAC just repeats they're older tests?

I wouldn’t say that.

They are known to reuse undisclosed tests, and every section was given at one time as an experimental section. I couldn’t say if experimentals change from their initial use to actual use as a scores section, like whether they adjust content or cobble together sections based on individual question data... though it seems that two full experimental sections were reused for October.

Not sure how deep their pool of tested but unadministered sections is, but their current testing content has to be influenced by the fact that they aren’t able to vet experimental sections in the current flex tests.