Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official November 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the November 2020 LSAT-Flex here!

Rules:

You can't discuss specific questions. 🙅‍♂️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

• Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Comments

• lynn.jia159lynn.jia159 Core Member
    edited November 2020 53 karma

Rode that Pennsylvania blue wave right into this exam. Congrats to everyone who took it today! On top of an election. On top of a pandemic. WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• julienimmockjulienimmock Core Member
    edited November 2020 68 karma

Congrats everyone!!!!! So happy that's done! fingers crossed for everyone!
    I had LR-RC-LG it felt pretty okay although I was definitely a little rushed with the RC.

• 19 karma

I had LG - RC - LR and it felt like a normal level difficulty. Felt kind of rushed at the end of LG but everything else didn't feel overly easy or overly hard. Good luck everybody!

• ladddd05ladddd05 Member
    12 karma

I had LR - RC - LG. LR felt difficult but it could've been the nerves. Other sections felt normal.

• gigi_m1308gigi_m1308 Alum Member
    149 karma

I had LG-RC-LR and it was fairly good I think. RC was more doable than I anticipated, most of LR was good but was running short on time with LG. Overall though I feel really good about it! Congratulations to everyone that took this exam during such a crazy time- we did it guys!!!!

• George MGeorge M Member
    56 karma

Omg, just finished.
    Logic games killed me. Guessed over 10 questions. Thank god I purchased the preview.
    Reading comp was not easy and not hard.
    LR was on a harder scale.
    Taking the test in nyc with crowds yelling outside was quite a challenge.
    PS At least Biden won 😂

• TheQueenTheQueen Member
    87 karma

Go team!!! I had LR easy RC difficult and LG mneh. What a DAY!

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

RC--LG--LR
    RC was horrid. UGH. other than that LR normal and LG normal.

• ColdBrew180ColdBrew180 Member
    156 karma

Just took for second time (first in Oct). LG-LR-RC. LG not super hard except the last game killed me, couldn't even diagram and guessed my way through! Yikes, not so sure I scored higher than in Oct, but what can you do. Slight tech issue in middle, connection 'failed' for about 30 seconds then re-booted. Congratulations to everyone taking during this crazy year, and especially this week. I think just that in and of itself is a big accomplishment. hugs to all.

• Iron-HanIron-Han Member
    184 karma

RC-LG-LR. I thought RC was pretty average but definitely wasn’t as focused as I usually am so probably lost some points there. Nerves plus I was disconnected from ProctorU for at least a minute within 2 minutes of starting the test. LG felt easier, still ran out of time on game 4. I thought LR was TOUGH. I have score preview and will probably take again but thought it went okay overall.

• justine.jordahljustine.jordahl Free Trial Member
    10 karma

If connection on ProctorU fails, does the proctor pause time or does it keep running? I take my test this Tuesday! Good luck to everyone :)

• BarbaraDBarbaraD Member
    90 karma

Is there an experimental?

• Veganpizza91Veganpizza91 Member
    edited November 2020 19 karma

• a.b.1620a.b.1620 Member
    30 karma

@"justine.jordahl" said:
    If connection on ProctorU fails, does the proctor pause time or does it keep running? I take my test this Tuesday! Good luck to everyone :)

I had a connection problem in Oct, and basically the test stops if you have connection issues. So the time pauses too.

30 karma

@BarbaraD Nope. Just 3 sections, 1 LG, 1 LR and 1 RC section.

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

Flex:
    RC-LG-LR
    Having RC first made the entire test feel like 24 hours. RC was pretty average I guess. LG was decent except for the last game. It took me a while to come up with a setup and had to make educated guesses on some of the Qs for the last game.
    LR was a breeze until about Q15 and then they started to increase substantially in difficulty.

ProctorU:
    Last time I took the flex I had 0 issues.

My proctor interrupted me the first time bc my chin was close to my chest as I was writing. I exit the chat box only to have it jumping on my screen again because she said 'thank you'. I made sure to take the time before the exam started to express how appreciative I would be if I would not get interrupted (as I have read some stories) and expressed how every second counts.) I already had a gut feeling she would be popping in..... and then halfway through LR, my exam DISAPPEARED. I tried going back, nothing. I start talking to the proctor asking her to pause the time till we get it figured out and she said she cant pause it. 3.5 minutes later I was back and contained my composure.

I have no idea how it went now that I think about it.

What I do know is that I feel like collapsing right about now.

• TJTJTJTJTJTJTJTJ Core Member
    124 karma

Does anyone else feel like they have absolutely no idea how they performed on the exam? I've taken in twice and this is the first time that I have no idea how I did. The other two times I felt I was within a range and it was accurate. But this time, I have no idea but I don't feel good or bad about it.

• David E.David E. Alum Member
    edited November 2020 28 karma

Could not for the life of me fall asleep last night. Got maybe 3 hours tops since i was so anxious. The anxiety increased substantially right before the test this morning, leading me to vomit. By the time the test began i was a basket case! RC-LG-LR. RC seemed insanely difficult and virtually impossible for me to comprehend. That said, I am glad i finished the test because I didn't think was going to make it. I'm taking it again in February!

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

For those of you who've taken November - are proctors still "checking" your equipment between sections?

• 8Sage.com8Sage.com Member
    20 karma

Can we ask what the topics of the RC were? Or is that not allowed?

• dudekcdudekc Core Member
    46 karma

@"8Sage.com" said:

You would think no, but people in the October thread said what the RC topics were of that test, so I think so.

• Emily BrodnerEmily Brodner Core Member
    22 karma

@"8Sage.com" said:

You can say what the topic was, but you cannot say much more about!

• calvinnhobbescalvinnhobbes Core Member
    134 karma

@Ellegoals said:
    For those of you who've taken November - are proctors still "checking" your equipment between sections?

Yooo my proctor did between my LG and LR...with like 5 secs left he was still controlling my mouse and I whimpered something like "Excuse me I have to take my test" LOL and he stopped. He was def planning to stop, I think they just do random checks I suppose so don't be freaked out by them.
    Also. DON'T DRINK MUCH WATER BEFORE - just enough to be non-headachy. I won't go into much more detail than that. But don't ya'll!!!

Shoutout everyone else from Philly tho FLY EAGLES FLY <3

• VitoTellVitoTell Core Member
    42 karma

RC has me sobbing.

• itskidactiveitskidactive Alum Member
    edited November 2020 93 karma

I had RC-LR-LG. I didn’t think RC was that bad except for the comparative passage. LR and LG was the usual. Game 3 was kinda long so if you’re Brute Forcing some of the questions, remember not to take too much time as there’s still a game 4. Had 5.5 min going into game 4 and was able to get 4/5 of them. Like JY says, if a question is taking too long, get out of there and don’t let it eat away time for other questions.

If you’ve been preparing, you got this! #MambaMentality (for my bball fans out there)

• 102 karma

I took it yesterday. RC felt like a blur. it was my first section and my anxiety was through the roof!! it took me a while to calm down. LG and LR were pretty standard. I have no clue how I did : ' )

• 8Sage.com8Sage.com Member
    20 karma

what were the topics of the RC Session?

• mayitpleasethebertschmayitpleasethebertsch Alum Member
    25 karma

This was my first LSAT. I had LR-RC-LG. I ran out of time on the last 3 LR - thought RC was fairly moderate and LG was mid-difficult. I feel such a relief from finally DOING IT!

• Monsignor JugheadMonsignor Jughead Alum Member
    edited November 2020 40 karma

I took it Sunday morning, and I got RC-LG-LR.

I think (I hope) I did ok. RC was average- the first two passages were pretty easy, the last two were definitely harder, but not horrible. LG was also average, maybe on the easy side- the last game was much harder than the first 3, but still doable. I found LR to be the hardest section, but once again, nothing killer like PT 85.

I think the curve will be -7.

Keep your fingers crossed that I don’t have to take this stupid test in January, and I’ll do the same for you!

• vantablack26vantablack26 Member
    25 karma

Took it yesterday and also got RC-LR-LG. Had a lot of technical issues with proctor u but overall I think I did well and hoping to get 0/-1 in LG. I recall games about scholarships/departments, sections in newspaper(?), and some floors in a building. Nothing crazy in the section, but some were very time consuming and had to brute force, so make sure you’re efficient with that. For RC, I recall passages about African American renaissance, fish/birds alarm signal cells, and rule of law/acoustic separation. For LR, I got questions about chimpanzees/trading, fine threads, pet theory, salmonella/eggs, and tall buildings. Overall a reasonable exam but I found some LR questions particularly challenging and the comparative passage in RC was very dense. Good luck to everyone!

• 162 karma

Do we need to print our admissions ticket for the flex or do we just need a drivers license?

• Monsignor JugheadMonsignor Jughead Alum Member
    40 karma

@"harriet.palmer" said:
    Do we need to print our admissions ticket for the flex or do we just need a drivers license?

Just your drivers license/govt id

• KHansenAnneKHansenAnne Member
    52 karma

If I took the LSAT writing last November do I need to take it again this November?

30 karma

@KHansenAnne said:
    If I took the LSAT writing last November do I need to take it again this November?

@KHansenAnne If you already have a Writing on file, then you don't have to take it again.

• chellevangchellevang Member
    136 karma

The 2 week wait is the hardest part. SIGH.

• VitoTellVitoTell Core Member
    42 karma

Anyone have any guesses on how generous this curve would be? I think I blew it on RC and need a GENEROUS -10 curve to get the score i want

• alexmahmoudalexmahmoud Core Member
    89 karma

hey everyone, are we allowed to do the writing portion up to 10 days after the test?

• mcruz945mcruz945 Core Member
    10 karma

@"Monsignor Jughead" said:
    I took it Sunday morning, and I got RC-LG-LR.

I think (I hope) I did ok. RC was average- the first two passages were pretty easy, the last two were definitely harder, but not horrible. LG was also average, maybe on the easy side- the last game was much harder than the first 3, but still doable. I found LR to be the hardest section, but once again, nothing killer like PT 85.

I think the curve will be -7.

Keep your fingers crossed that I don’t have to take this stupid test in January, and I’ll do the same for you!

OMG I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought PT85 was AWFUL. I take my test Wednesday. Good luck everyone!

• cmoren21cmoren21 Member
    217 karma

TERRIBLE in LG. I just finished and I cried as soon as the proctorU session ended. I got LG-RC-LR and when I'm telling you that I forgot how to LG, I literally forgot. RC was pretty standard and I did not find it difficult at all. LR, also pretty standard, and the splitter questions were very distinct. I underperformed for sure, it was a mix of nerves and frustration. PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED, everyone performs differently under pressure. YOU'LL DO GREAT!

• FionahuaFionahua Member
    4 karma

Just finished the exam on Tuesday. LR-LG-RC. The third passage with the most questions just killed me. But luckily feel good abt LG. Good luck everyone!

• nicolasnudlernicolasnudler Core Member
    24 karma

I had LR-RC-LG ... the LR seemed quite hard honestly, it was very difficult throughout, RC was pleasantly comprehensible, LG ON THE OTHER HAND IM SPEECHLESS ... the third game had the most questions AND was by far the hardest, it threw me in a loop.

• gpoudrie-1gpoudrie-1 Member
    90 karma

Just finished! My LSAT-Flex was LR - RC - LG. On the whole, it felt slightly above average in terms of difficulty. The LR was tricky. The stimuli were consistently confusingly worded from beginning to end of the section. RC was pretty normal except the comparative passage which was near impossible to decipher. LG was a piece of cake.

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

I just finished about 30 minutes ago. I had LR-RC-LG and @nicolasnudler your experience sounds a lot like mine. The LR was almost more unfamiliar than difficult. The RC was, as far as RC goes, not bad at all. LG was pretty typical, but one game was super challenging and I flat-out ran out of time for the last few questions. Just had to make educated guesses. I honestly have no idea how I did on the first two sections, could've been great, could've been awful. Pretty sure I underperformed in a big way, but who knows? I did it and I didn't die. So, yay!

• edited November 2020 39 karma

@lilpingling said:
    I just finished about 30 minutes ago. I had LR-RC-LG and @nicolasnudler your experience sounds a lot like mine. The LR was almost more unfamiliar than difficult. The RC was, as far as RC goes, not bad at all. LG was pretty typical, but one game was super challenging and I flat-out ran out of time for the last few questions. Just had to make educated guesses. I honestly have no idea how I did on the first two sections, could've been great, could've been awful. Pretty sure I underperformed in a big way, but who knows? I did it and I didn't die. So, yay!

I have the same LR-RC-LG. IMO LR was really easy; RC was brutal. I think I was probably burnout and I bombed the LG. There was one huge time sink in LG and I run out of time. LG was always my best(-0 or -1) and I'm wondering to cancel this time.

• UndoEricaUndoErica Core Member
    edited November 2020 206 karma

Hello! Just completed my exam! My experience was very smooth! No issues to be found and my proctor was super sweet and supportive.
    My sections were LR(25) -- LG (23) -- RC (27)

LR--- I'm pretty sure the LR I took was the experimental I took during a previous real exam (I'm not sure if I can say the exam it was from). Overall nothing to awful, and was pretty standard.--Edit just kidding a topic was similar but was NOT the experimental I took. Topics were Jurors and tech, aloe vera, and Trex turbinates

LG -- Again standard nothing out of left field that I found, but I did let nerves overrun me this section so I'm thinking I did around -5 to -7 (my average is -3). But again any perception of difficulty was from my brain being nervous. I can only remember movie theaters as one topic, the rest is a blur.

RC -- I can see where some people might find the reading of this section to be hard. The topics I had were humans walking, value theory, and silk worms. RC is generally my better section (I can go -4 on a good day, -8 on a bad) and I think it was honestly standard in relation to the LR and LG sections that were in my exam.

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

Just took my test. Felt exactly on par with the May 2020 release and October Flex. Nothing out of the ordinary, pretty standard in terms of difficulty.

Word of advice for anyone taking the test - be prepared for a harder test but don't let other people's experiences shake you. I kept telling myself that going into it because these threads were starting to worry me and I think it really helped.

• kelly_9876kelly_9876 Core Member
    144 karma

Just finished, LR-LG-RC. Got caught off guard when my proctor did not mute himself. I asked over the microphone (as time was ticking) and didn't get a response, so then quickly pulled up the chat box. Once he saw my message he apologized and quickly muted himself but it definitely threw me off and it took me getting through half of my first section to re-focus. Other than that, the questions themselves seemed pretty average, there isn't one question in particular that will cause me nightmares. Cheers everyone!

• vinnyowenvinnyowen Member
    79 karma

Just finished... started at 11:30
    Section order: LR-LG-RC
    LR felt medium difficulty, hoping for around -3 (my average)
    LG was easy for me (had the one with theaters), hoping for -0
    RC felt medium to hard, I had the section with one about universal human rights and one about Locke and value theory, I felt like there weren't any super hard passages, but I didn't think any were super easy either. (hoping for -3 to -6, RC is usually my worst section)

• jchen2jchen2 Alum Member
    8 karma

@UndoErica said:
    Hello! Just completed my exam! My experience was very smooth! No issues to be found and my proctor was super sweet and supportive.
    My sections were LR(25) -- LG (23) -- RC (27)

LR--- I'm pretty sure the LR I took was the experimental I took during a previous real exam (I'm not sure if I can say the exam it was from). Overall nothing to awful, and was pretty standard.--Edit just kidding a topic was similar but was NOT the experimental I took. Topics were Jurors and tech, aloe vera, and Trex turbinates

LG -- Again standard nothing out of left field that I found, but I did let nerves overrun me this section so I'm thinking I did around -5 to -7 (my average is -3). But again any perception of difficulty was from my brain being nervous. I can only remember movie theaters as one topic, the rest is a blur.

RC -- I can see where some people might find the reading of this section to be hard. The topics I had were humans walking, value theory, and silk worms. RC is generally my better section (I can go -4 on a good day, -8 on a bad) and I think it was honestly standard in relation to the LR and LG sections that were in my exam.

We got the same order. I felt the level of difficulty of LR was pretty fair. LG was really straightforward. But, RC was sooooo hard.

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    edited November 2020 396 karma

LR-LG-RC combo. Felt like this test was harder (trickier) than the one I took in July. LG is usually my strongest section but I couldn't pull it together today and that's probably what's going to sink my score the most. Was hoping for better, but as the Stones said: "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need." I tried and got what I needed in July, so I'll take that.