Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do You Read in The Economist?

This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
in General 815 karma

I recently subscribed and mostly see political articles.

Any other reading materials besides Biden, Trump, and Coronavrius?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Science and technology section is good.

• An_SkywalkerAn_Skywalker Member
    160 karma

I usually read Leaders and Briefings. I'm Chinese, so I also read the Asia and China sections, especially Chaguan, the columnist for China. I also glance over United States and Middle East just because these are my areas of focus as an IR major. Finally, I will read whatever I find interesting in the Business and Finance sections.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Bartleby is my favorite "fun" column

• LogicbaeeeLogicbaeee Member
    edited November 2020 92 karma

I schedule an hour of reading each day, I mainly read the science and tech. I also read finance ones because I know in real life I am not the best at this area so I pick to focus on it. But there are so many interesting articles. I would say they all would help. Now, the ones about the COVID vaccine are actually pretty interesting and remind me so much about something that would appear in the LSAT.

• LogicbaeeeLogicbaeee Member
    92 karma

Ah also, there is a three month subscription online for less than $20 bucks I believe if you are a student, I bought it so I could have access on my ipad but I know you can also get copies in the library.

• Lawfulness29Lawfulness29 Member
    307 karma

Science and technology. I like reading articles that I have 0 clue prior knowledge about because that is the vast majority of LSAT reading comp passages.

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

Leaders is great in terms of length, each article usually takes around 3 to 3.5 min which is a typical RC passage
    By Invitation are longer opinion pieces, good for practicing structure and memory recall
    Prospero is good for having more exposure to arts, culture, books, of course Books & Arts too
    1843 Magazine also has lengthier articles like By Invitation but I like how the topics are eclectic, it's kind of its own "fun" section