Law Schools - Do they know where you've applied?

Hello, I just wanted to know if schools know what other schools you've applied to via LSAC, seeing as they send over a uniform application to the schools. If so, does this hurt your chances of admission/scholarship at all (especially when aiming for t-20). Thanks!

Comments

• edited November 2020 1952 karma

i highly doubt it. every school's application is different and is sent separately (although the medium of delivery may be the same) and cas reports are sent only to the schools that you request to be sent.

in their application, some schools (george washing u and boston college come to mind) ask questions like: "are you applying, or have you applied, to other law schools? if so, please list them."
    i doubt that they'd ask questions like this if they just had easy access to the list of all schools an applicant applied to.

though, i did hear that deans of admissions are good friends with each other. i met with the u.c. berkeley's dean before, and she said she enjoys spending time with other deans at different law schools. i doubt they'll spend a lot of time talking about specific applicants, though.

the case might be different for ed admissions. some schools reserve "the right to inform other law schools of the candidate's actions [an admitted applicant fails to comply with the ed requirements]" https://www.law.ucla.edu/admissions/jd-admissions/apply-now/early-decision-program
    but this is getting off to a different topic.

• minkminkminkmink Member
    17 karma

thank you so much!