Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• 115 karma

Finished 5 minutes ago...I got the RC-LR-LG combo. LR was easy finished with 5 minutes extra. RC was a bit harder than average (3 star) yet I managed to finish with 30 secs of extra time on that. However, LG felt brutal. Been averaging -0 to -2 ended up with no time for 4 questions. Although I skipped around so the ones I did answer I was 99% confident. Didn't occur to me that I had to save time to guess for skipped questions until 4 seconds on the clock so I ended up only bubbling in 2 of them randomly 🤦🏻‍♂️ --- Does that kill my dreams of getting a 170+?

• Jeff----Jeff---- Alum Member
    205 karma

TOPICS for RC passages (Not in that order)
    1. Colombian agriculture (Coffee and Silk) (social sciences) (Economics)
    2. Bipedalism - hominins. (Science)
    3. Human Rights (comparative) (Law) (and a little of humanities in this)
    4. Locke - Relativism. (Philosophy) (Humanities)

I hope this helps.

• leannafrazer-1leannafrazer-1 Core Member
    59 karma

I think all the comments on the middle-of-the-road nature of the November tests are accurate. I had LR-LG-RC this morning, with RC having the coffee/silk, bipedalism, universality of human rights and the Locke value theory passages. The LR seemed very middle of the road although I just finished and only had time to review two flagged questions. Three of the four LGs seemed super easy and one (with theaters or stages) just threw me for a loop. For the life of me I could not figure out an inference that I was clearly missing and had to guess for most of the questions. I totally memorize the game and replicated it after the test and still cannot figure it out! It's driving me crazy. And then the RC section was pretty middle of the road too-- I felt three passages were medium and the silk-coffee one was easy (luckily it was the last one) so I finished with maybe 30 seconds left.
    I definitely think my score will be my own average and nothing super. LSAT 2021 here I come!

• sophaudreysophaudrey Core Member
    13 karma

I had LR, LG, RC
    LR was pretty basic and I felt good about it -- finished with 5 minutes left to check flagged answers.
    LG was average but there were two double layered sequencing/grouping games which took up a lot of time.
    RC was the hardest section for me and probably harder than most of the PTs I've taken. The last section was about compulsory bipedalism and I had like 7 minutes going into it so I was rushed on the last two questions. I spent most of my time studying LG and LR so if I get my score back and want to take the January test I'll definitely have to focus more on RC.
    Proctor U experience was pretty easy----it was like he wasn't there and he never interrupted.

• nsturno_12nsturno_12 Alum Member
    edited November 2020 39 karma

I had LR-LG-RC for my test earlier today.

LR - Pretty sure I blacked out... no idea how I did, I remember some of the topics but couldn't tell you if I went -3 or -12.
    LG - Felt really confident on this one, some of the games had subtly tricky wording that you just had to work through. Hoping for -0/-1.
    RC - This was difficult. Luckily I re-ordered the sections to do the longer ones first and the shorter section last, but still felt crunched for time on this section overall.

I'm relieved to say I feel better after this exam than my first exam in October (where I ran out of time on two sections) - this time I had a little extra time for LR and LG to go back to answers I wasn't sure on.

Good luck to everyone!

• BarbaraDBarbaraD Member
    90 karma

I had LG-RC-LR, couldn’t finish the last game and guessed the last 10 questions. RC was brutal and didn’t finish the last passage. LG was normal I think. Writing again in January if anyone wants to creat a study group

• carolyn.fcarolyn.f Member
    56 karma

I had LR-RC-LG for my test this morning - don't ask me the topics because I blacked out :) LR and RC felt normal to me and LG was medium to hard. Based on my experience with PTs I can usually tell how I'm doing (whether particularly good or bad) and I honestly have no idea about this one. Hope 11/24 comes fast.

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    edited November 2020 422 karma

I had LG, RC, and LR
    The logic games were normal. The last game I guessed on some because I took a while to figure out how it was set up. Games I had were about finances committee, paintings, restaurants, and I cant remember the other one.
    RC I had, Black paintings, punishment, science discovery and social media, and the expulsion of some Indian tribes. RC was okay nothing relatively hard.
    LR, I had something about people moving non native plans out of habitats, music and gardening, and building trains or a subway.

Pretty sure I have done the LR on this exam on another LSAT's experimental section. Some of the topics seemed a bit familiar but who knows.

Overall It was relatively normal. The only thing I kinda messed up on was the last game in the LG section. Took a while to set it up, but did well on all the other ones. Nothing major.

• horsegirl.jpeghorsegirl.jpeg Alum Member
    60 karma

I must have had a different test than most of the people here. I had LR-RC-LG

RC wasn't too bad except for the third passage which was a law one about acoustic separation. LG the third game was hard and I wasted too much time on it which left me scrambling to finish the fourth. I wish I had skipped and gone back to it. LR felt normal.

• lexige1111lexige1111 Member
    23 karma

@ebby_luna said:
    I had LG, RC, and LR
    The logic games were normal. The last game I guessed on some because I took a while to figure out how it was set up. Games I had were about finances committee, paintings, restaurants, and I cant remember the other one.
    RC I had, Black paintings, punishment, science discovery and social media, and the expulsion of some Indian tribes. RC was okay nothing relatively hard.
    LR, I had something about people moving non native plans out of habitats, music and gardening, and building trains or a subway.

Pretty sure I have done the LR on this exam on another LSAT's experimental section. Some of the topics seemed a bit familiar but who knows.

Overall It was relatively normal. The only thing I kinda messed up on was the last game in the LG section. Took a while to set it up, but did well on all the other ones. Nothing major.

I got the same test as you and I thought RC was brutal...ugh

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

@lexige1111 said:

@ebby_luna said:
    I had LG, RC, and LR

I got the same test as you and I thought RC was brutal...ugh

Ya the third passage was so long and annoying

• Lawfulness29Lawfulness29 Member
    307 karma

Just finished at 11:30am (PT). I had LR-LG-RC. Overall, it felt pretty standard and far easier than the October flex, which I got a 164 on after PTing between 170-174.

I thought LR was the hardest section, but this very well could have been nerves as it was my first section. I usually go -0/-3 and I think I likely was more around -3/-4 in this section. LG was very easy. No killer games, everything was extremely fair. The 3rd came was a little tough, but manageable. My proctor interrupted me during the 2nd game because my forehead was not showing, which really threw me off so I skipped it and came back to it with about 5 minutes. This was more than enough time to finish the game and check my answers. RC was very fair in my opinion. Nothing like what I had on the October flex, where I had the comparative about plasticity and Darwinism which absolutely murdered me. The third passage was super dense but the questions were not too bad and I managed to have ample time to do the last passage, which was super easy.

Plan to take the LSAT twice!!! I prepared for about 7 months before the October LSAT and had done every PT from 50-89, many of them multiple times. I fell below my average because of nerves and anxiety. However, taking the LSAT a second time it really did just feel like another PT. I was far less nervous and I was able to think with an extremely clear mind, instead of the frazzled pressure that comes from typically taking a standardized test,

• mag_jane3mag_jane3 Member
    4 karma

Just finished about an hour ago. LR-LG-RC. LR was good, it felt fair. LG also felt relatively fair, maybe a bit more challenging than normal... HOWEVER, I was trying to finish my final game in the last 4 minutes and my proctor was having some tech issue so he took over my screen and my test disappeared, I asked him to pause the test four times and he did not. When he finally gave me the go ahead to continue I had 10 seconds left and had to guess for 3 questions. RC was more challenging than expected, I had 2 difficult passages, one of them I legit had no clue what was going on but thats ok I guess.... Here's to probably trying again in January!

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    edited November 2020 638 karma

@sophieswitzer I definitely had the same test! I vaguely remember a passage about acoustic something and I think one about fish skin? I think the RC was probably my best section. I also had the exact same issue with LG. I'm annoyed with myself because I let myself get sucked in and wound up running out of time. It wasn't the worst, it was just very time consuming. LR felt unfamiliar to me. It was either really easy or really difficult. And I definitely missed between 0 and 20 questions on the section. I'm guessing my score is probably between a 140 and a 175. 😏

• JennaMM11JennaMM11 Core Member
    24 karma

I just finished my test at 1pm PST. I had RC-LR-LG.... to me the LG wasn't difficult at all, except for the third game which I had a hard time making inferences. The fourth game was also on the trickier side. LR felt as normal as the 60s/70s/80s PTs but the RC was difficult. The passages weren't too long but the questions were definitely tricky; I also spent too much time on the first 3 passages and ran out of time for the last.
    By no means am I a very strong LSAT taker - I procrastinated my studying over the summer and had to do an intense 2 months of studying between September and November, and of the several prep tests I took I was scoring around a 158. I know a lot of the comments above have been from people who were scoring much higher than me so if looking to know how the test was from the perspective of someone who's only hoping to break the low 160s, I don't think this test was too hard! Just remember everyone's experiences are different, always take a nice big breath in between the sections, and don't worry too much! Life goes on and things always have a way of working out, good luck! :)
    P.S Proctor U wasn't great but it ran totally smoothly for me and the proctor was very nice. Also you get 60 seconds in between each section, as opposed to the several minutes you'd receive during in-person exams.

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    219 karma

@ebby_luna said:
    I had LG, RC, and LR

I had the same test! My order was RC, LG, LR. I really struggled through the Black paintings in RC but felt good about the first two passages. Didn't have time to finish the last passage. Thought LR was average and struggled through LG but that's my weakest section and I know I need to improve in that one.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

@"justine.jordahl" I hope your test went well, I wrote mine yesterday as well, good to be done! When I wrote the October test I was interrupted twice and lost 3 minutes from my test. Just an FYI in case you are taking again, they do not always stop the timer! :-/

• JLawSchoolCJLawSchoolC Member
    115 karma

About how many different versions of the exam are there?

• a.b.1620a.b.1620 Member
    edited November 2020 30 karma

I had RC-LR-LG.
    Started with some proctor connecting issues, and she almost started the test without me having go through the protocol of showing my stuff. I made it pretty clear that I need to show my space, because I'm not trying to get this exam flagged. She took forever to respond. But I went in with space in my head that this might happen. Started the exam after 30 mins.

RC was on African American renaissance art, European environment/forest, comparative on decision making law and something else. I felt like it was pretty standard, but I definitely had a lot of questions where I was in between two, or just reading all the question/ans took long. Def did not feel amazing about it.

LR was pretty average actually, but some questions I think I was being too picky on the answers and it cut on my time. I'm not amazing at LR, but I would say it was a medium difficulty level.

LG was pretty tedious but not hard. I think if you manage your time properly you can easily get through the questions. I didn't have time for the last two but I think overall it was fine. Don't freak out from conditional rules or the fact that there are a lot of rules. Just one thing at a time.
    I am hoping to hit the 160 margin, or if anything, close to it.
    Felt like this was better than the Oct test though.

Good luck everyone!! :)

• bongogo24bongogo24 Alum Member
    11 karma

Just finished mine an hour ago. I got RC-LR-LG. RC about African american art, comparative passage about law and forgot the other 2. RC felt about the same if anything just a little harder. LR I feel was a bit harder than usual and the wording of questions and answers felt a bit odd. LG was about paintings, animals, restaurant food, and finance committees. LG was easy except the last game about finances which destroyed my brain.

• sarahc14sarahc14 Core Member
    103 karma

LG-LR-RC

Just finished and felt very "meh" about it, not amazing but not completely beaten down. My brain on my last LG game about finances was just not working and I had to make guesses through that one, the other games were pretty doable. On RC, the Art passage absolutely killed me, I felt good about the other passages, but because of the Art passage I struggled to have enough time to finish this section. On LR, it wasn't anything crazy. Will most likely be retaking in January though haha. Overall, proud of everyone here for even taking this exam in such a difficult time/year!!!

• goldiemangoldieman Member
    edited November 2020 8 karma

Best of luck to those who still need to take it!

• nick.holsapplenick.holsapple Core Member
    39 karma

First off to all of us CONGRATS we did it! No matter how you did or if you plan on taking again this is an amazing first step. I thought the test was challenging in certain parts compared to all the PTs I did. I got LG LR and RC. Do not drink too much water before the test, I had to pee really bad going into my last section which was rough. The proctor took 20 min to set me up but was really nice. Well see how the curve goes and again good job everyone no matter how you did! This isn't easy and we stepped up and did it regardless. I think I will take again in January/February now that my first test nerves are gone but well see.

• philzlover98philzlover98 Member
    edited November 2020 9 karma

CONGRATS TO US ALL!!! glad its finally over!!

• jlewis2618jlewis2618 Member
    edited November 2020 69 karma

Overall didn't feel any harder than any other PT. Praying that those perceptions were an accurate representation of the reality of it, and that i performed accordingly.

RC - LR - LG

Decreasing in difficulty in that order

RC - African Culture/European Forests/Comparative Passages on Legal Theory/Fish Cell Theory

RC... what can i say... it is substantially more difficult to predict outcomes in RC than the other sections. I'm going to go ahead and predict a positive outcome. There.

LR and LG felt ok.

I felt like LR wasn't more difficult, necessarily, but i did feel like there were more attractive trap AC's that caught my eye than normal. I'll go ahead and predict a positive outcome here too.

Lots of Setup in LG so had to power through, but finished on time.

There was one question in Game 4 that gave me sh*t and i skipped to review the other games, hoping that works out. It was a legit tough Q so i'm not mad at myself. Positive outcome is probable.

• shibingyan9928shibingyan9928 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Just finished my test today and this is the worst experience I've ever had. I have taken it once in June and everything went well. But this time, just around 2-3 minutes after I began the test, the proctoru reservation page kept popping up and I had to switch from that page to my test page over and over again. That was a HUGE distraction. Then my test page suddenly closed and my proctor could't resume it for me. Then they costed about 30 minutes to transfer me to a technician and finally resumed my test. My first section was LG so luckily i finished it without being affected by this terrible episode. But the exactly same thing happened once i started my second section which was LR. My test page was shut down again and this time after another 30 minutes waiting to connect with another technician, they said my test session was closed and I had to talk with LSAC for reschedule...Does anyone know anything about this or experienced similar circumstances before? Would I be able to reschedule and resume my test? Since the next upcoming test is in January which will be a little off for this application circle, this really freaks me out...

• LSAT_MIAMILSAT_MIAMI Member
    28 karma

Finished my first Flex earlier today with RC-LR-LG layout.RC passages were AA culture, European forests, acoustic law and fish skin. I felt Passage 3 was difficult to navigate but the others were easily manageable. I am usually -0-3 for RC and I expect a similar result.

LR was relatively typical although there were two questions I thought were rather tough. The geese question was especially memorable. I think I was somewhere between -1-4

The first 3 LG were very doable but I sunk way too much time into games 1 and 3. By the time I reached game 4, I had like 7:30 mins left. Got through three questions and had to guess on the last two with like :20 left. :( This is typically my worst section and I have a feeling I bombed this with like -5. On the bright side, the rule substitution question was not nearly as tough as some of the others on recent tests

Was shooting for 167+ so I am expecting to probably just scrape by or just miss. Signed up for the January LSAT and intend to intensively drill LG for the next month and a half.

• fhanif12fhanif12 Member
    22 karma

I had a horror filled experience. My layout was LG-RC-LR. I thought overall the content was not too unexpected but RC I struggled with a little. But to my horror, right at the last minute of RC and the ENTIRE LR section, someone outside decided to turn on their leaf blower. It was the loudest noise I have ever heard. And it was on and off the entire time. I couldn't hear myself think at all. I rushed through the section like a crazy person. At one point I was crying but also didn't want to do that loudly because I didn't want the proctor to tell me I was breaking rules by making noise.

I thought I could drown out the noise eventually or get used to it but it was right outside the door and was unbearably loud. I practiced in distracting settings before with people talking in the background or some other random noises, but I could not have ever predicted or simulated a noise like a leaf blower right outside the door. I just couldn't believe what was happening. After months and months and months of studying, a LEAF BLOWER may be the thing that doomed my test. Completely out of my control but I felt like I got punched in the gut.
    Anyways, I hope everyone had a better testing experience. Good luck to you all :)

• amann1324amann1324 Member
    edited November 2020 42 karma

Overall, I felt the exam was easier than the August Flex. I had LR-LG-RC. LR did have some unusually worded questions. The games weren't too bad, only thing is I lost some time in that section. RC was the usual difficulty I feel.

I need some advice regarding filing a test day complaint. During the exam I lost connection with my proctor three times. Two times were because of connectivity issues and once due to my laptop battery unexpectedly dying. I lost a few minutes on the LG section.

If anyone has gone through something similar, is it worth filing a complaint? I know it is on my end and I should have done more to prevent these issues from arising.

• James CollinsJames Collins Member
    18 karma

Taking a retest tomorrow due to tech issues and a lack of support, how do retests work? Are they completely different tests than the ones floating through this week? I never even saw a question, I spent over 2 and a half hours trying to have a live technician help me.

Prayers and good vibes requested for tomorrow!!! Thanks.

• ACLSAT2021ACLSAT2021 Core Member
    11 karma

Welp, I took it on Tuesday. I had RC-LR-LG. I totally did not want LG last bc this was my worst section I have been performing in. RC and LR were eh, I felt rushed and probably did rush. but I tried not to dwell.. What I chose, I went with and moved on. On LG, I panicked and froze. and someone in my family came home earlier than I was done with the test so I couldnt focus on this section due talking and dogs being loud. But nonetheless, I took it and did the best I could. I will be retaking next year and taking this year to really dive in to the blind review and drill and drill LG until I know them like the back of my hand if not better.

Wishing luck to everyone who took it this month!!! We did it despite an anxiety inducing election and a pandemic!!!!

• AKReichertAKReichert Member
    100 karma

@fhanif12
    Omg. Leaf blowers are the bane of my existence. It seems my neighbors always have theirs going at some point every day, argh! Congrats on pushing through despite the noise! :smile:

• efergusoneferguson Member
    15 karma

@fhanif12
    I had the same exact thing happen to me during my October Flex. I spoke with Lsac and they enrolled me free of charge for the November exam. Just wanted to make sure you know you have options!!

• antwanantwan Free Trial Member
    19 karma

I told myself NO LSAT forums for a few days after. It's been nice to take a break but now I'm in over analyzing mode wondering if I need to start prepping for LSAT 2021. I feel confident I did well, I listened to some Beyoncé before to boost my confidence but waiting for a proctor I fell into panic again! lol! I had LR-LG-RC I did have to guess on 3-5 per section because of timing, but I felt very confident I might have exceeded my goal score. #ClaimingIt

• Apollo888Apollo888 Live Member
    24 karma

@BarbaraD said:
    Is there an experimental?

No, FLEX cuts out the experimental

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

I think your writing sample is only valid for one year. Might want to double check with LSAC.

@"a.b.1620" said:

@KHansenAnne said:
    If I took the LSAT writing last November do I need to take it again this November?

@KHansenAnne If you already have a Writing on file, then you don't have to take it again.

• Ns123456Ns123456 Alum Member
    54 karma

Did anyone find the first game hard on their LG - it was a double sequencing game, I was missing an inference I think, went back to it and still couldn't figure it out

• sojohnboysojohnboy Alum Member
    edited November 2020 10 karma

I'm late to this thread but wanted to share my feedback. 2nd LSAT flex for me here-- RC was normal difficulty, felt decent; LR felt easy but went too slow at the end so had to guess in 20 seconds on the last section (but LR is normally my best section so I feel confident on the others); and LG was brutal for me. I got stuck in the first game and then realized I had to skip to salvage points. Games 2 and 3 went decently with an 85-90% confidence level, came back to game 1, figured it out on second glance and solved it, but had literally almost no time left for game 4, educated guess on conditional rules question and frantic guessing the last few answers. I'm hoping the LR and RC scores will work in my favor and that I at least got the points I salvaged on LG. Seems a lot of people ran low on times on LG this time (I finished my August LG section and did better then).

Also, I waited 80 MINUTES for a proctor to show, so that sucked. Had to talk to two tech support agents and they kept resetting my queue in the line for a proctor which just made things worse. I am a Christian and I felt my faith brought me a lot of peace as I sat there waiting 80 minutes doing nothing, the Lord brought passages of peace to mind.

Isaiah 26:3 ESV.
    "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

• sojohnboysojohnboy Alum Member
    10 karma

@Ns123456 said:
    Did anyone find the first game hard on their LG - it was a double sequencing game, I was missing an inference I think, went back to it and still couldn't figure it out

I did feel the first game was strangely hard for a double sequencing game. I got stuck, wasted almost 10 minutes, then had to skip and come back to it. My second time around I figured it out, but then had no time for the last game. I think many are in the same boat so let's hope for a good LG curve my friend.

• GoVaCaMaDaAqNeGoVaCaMaDaAqNe Alum Member
    118 karma

anyone have an lsat flex raw score conversion chart thingy?
    given only 3 sections and weightiness of each question, i am curious as to how that breaks down

• ZingZingZipZipZingZingZipZip Core Member
    25 karma

@a1ex_682 said:
    I think your writing sample is only valid for one year. Might want to double check with LSAC.

@"a.b.1620" said:

@KHansenAnne said:
    If I took the LSAT writing last November do I need to take it again this November?

@KHansenAnne If you already have a Writing on file, then you don't have to take it again.

While you only have one year from your test date to complete your writing sample, once it's done, you don't need to do another (per LSAC).

• amandaghuntamandaghunt Member
    23 karma

Reading all of the comments has helped me ALOT. I was extremely stressed and full of self-doubt after finishing.
    On all of the practice tests I have done, I have NEVER run out of time.
    I had to skip and entire RC section and come back to it, something I've never had to do. But reading through the comments, it seems like almost everyone had problems with that same reading.
    There was one double sequence LG that threw me for a loop & by the time I finally figured it out, I had to guess on the last two questions. Thankfully it was my last game so I was able to finish all other questions with some confidence.
    I am hopeful that as most of us seem to struggle with the same questions/passages that it will be a decent curve.
    Congrats everyone :)

• mayitpleasethebertschmayitpleasethebertsch Alum Member
    25 karma

Who else is refreshing their inbox like a maniac? I have a busy day in the office but the only thing on my mind is that SCORE!

• mayitpleasethebertschmayitpleasethebertsch Alum Member
    25 karma

Annnnnd just read on LSAC that it should come out at 9 a.m. - my refreshing was for not. lol

• lsatmakesmecrylsatmakesmecry Core Member
    28 karma

I did ... worse than my average? I'm feeling super discouraged lol

• Dn3nyDn3ny Member
    45 karma

@lsatmakesmecry said:
    I did ... worse than my average? I'm feeling super discouraged lol

i think this test especially the reading comp was deceptive

• nycbased0225nycbased0225 Member
    11 karma

Does anyone know if we ever get to see our raw score conversion, or if they keep it hidden because of the LSAT flex?

• BetheChange25BetheChange25 Alum Member
    22 karma

@nycbased0225 Unfortunately, I think this is all we'll get. I called LSAC for the Oct. Flex and same response. Solely the score and percentile

• nycbased0225nycbased0225 Member
    11 karma

@lkchavez ahh bummer. Thanks for the response though!

• M. MorrisonM. Morrison Member
    13 karma

I started studying for the LSAT in June. Before I started I took a blind PT, and scored 140. In the months leading up to the October flex I studied full time and raised my average PT score to 165. Unfortunately, I took the LSAT-Flex for the first time in October and performed way lower than on my average PT – 157 (69th percentile). I did everything wrong before the October test – I took it from a hotel room instead of my normal study spot, scheduled it at a time outside of my normal study hours, and drank half a bottle of champagne the night before. Luckily, I purchased score preview so I deleted my score as soon as I opened it. As a result, I decided to retake it in December as a last attempt to apply this cycle. I took three PTs a week (MWF) between the October and November tests and blind reviewed on the days between (TRS). I ate a clean diet, didn't drink alcohol, and got a solid 8 hours of sleep every night of the week leading up to the test. I scheduled it within my normal study hours and took it from my usual study spot. I am super excited to report that I received my score today and got a168 (95th) this time around! It just goes to show that consistency and perseverance pays off. Thanks 7Sage for helping me raise my initial score from a 140 to a 168! Good luck everyone!