Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Should I Cancel Post (Nov. FLEX)

nicholasverardinicholasverardi Yearly Member
edited November 2020 in November 2020 LSAT 38 karma

I just took it and wow that hurt. I won't go into detail because I do not want to breach the verbal contract but I am torn on what to do. I completely guessed on a short game in in the LG section, RC wasn't horrible and LR was really difficult for me. Im not a student going for 160+, only a 150ish at most for my dream school. I took the test once at got a 149 in January, so would it be worth it to cancel and retake in January, or should I just stick through it and keep my score? Im scared that I did worse than the 149 and schools will notice that and be wary of choosing me. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

I always recommend against cancelling scores unless you are 100% certain you did worse than your previous score (i.e. you fell asleep and forgot to bubble half the test).

Unless you are 100% certain you didn’t get a 149, then don’t cancel. Take the score and go from there. If you scored lower, then you are already prepared to take it again. Law schools really only care about your highest grade because that’s what they report. If there’s any chance the score will be higher, don’t cancel. You’ve already paid the money and put in the time.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I took the November LSAT as well as the October LSAT. In October I had LG first and between anxiety and an undiagnosed vision problem I really bombed the section. I guessed on the entire last game as well as question form game 3. It shook me the rest of the test. Off and on I would find my focus again but knew it was an off test for me. I also considered cancelling but didn’t. Though I didn’t get the score I was hoping for I still got a good score and you might too. Why we have no way of knowing how the scale will shake out I wanted to make sure you have seen the May LSAT score conversion chart so you can try to calculate based on what you estimate you missed per section what you might score: https://lsac.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056747654-May-2020-LSAT-FLEX-Sample-Conversion-Chart

• nicholasverardinicholasverardi Yearly Member
    38 karma

Thanks for the advice everyone! I decided I am going to just keep my score because why not at this point.