Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to in-person testing on the horizon?

majilatmajilat Member
in General 99 karma

Hey y'all, I am curious if anyone has any guesses as to whether the LSAT will ever return to in-person testing. I had a horrible experience with the LSAT-Flex in October, and I cannot guarantee that I will not face the same issues in the January, February or April-Flex. What do you think?

Please share any blogs/podcasts/etc. you came across that address this question - I would really appreciate it!

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

Given the way Covid cases are skyrocketing and the reluctance to get vaccinated, I don't think in-person testing will be back anytime soon.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Jan-April have already been declared Flex tests

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    edited November 2020 2042 karma

I just wanted to share that I also had a horrible experience in August (there was apparently a known bug with Macs and ProctorU) and I spent more than 6 hours trying to connect and was never able to do so. But I had a much better experience in November, everything went smoothly. If you go back and listen to some of the podcasts regarding the in person digital test LSAC had never quite figured that out either- there were issues with every administration. When the Flex/ ProctorU works as it should it truly is a much preferable test to the in person digital test for many reasons. As others have said we know that we will have Flex at least until April. My advice would be to prep like you are taking a Flex test. If you do take one and have problems again call LSAC and advocate for yourself. There are make up test opportunities every time a Flex is administered and also there are thousands of people successfully completing the test.

• 1952 karma

i expect that more will be flex after april 2021, so i'd also prep like you'd be taking a flex test.
    if internet connection was a problem, i saw some people having success after purchasing and using an ethernet cable.
    if your device was an issue, consider requesting lsac for a loaner device.
    if it was your home, consider taking it at a hotel and ask lsac for reimbursement. (https://www.lsac.org/blog/lsat-flex-and-supporting-candidates-during-covid-19)

covid really sucks, but i guess we gotta do what we gotta do to deal with it..
    good luck!