Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

retake & applying to law school question

legallytiredlegallytired Member
edited November 2020 in Law School Admissions 442 karma

hi, if anyone had insight i had a question.

if i were to apply with my current score by december to schools i believe i can get into, but wanted to retake in january, would those schools hold off on looking at my application? because i do want to apply now but am thinking about retaking in january to see if i can get a higher score to potentially negotiate scholarships. is this something i can email schools that i am interested in and ask them about? do you know if it is possible for me to ask them to review my application as is with my current score and not wait for my january result?

thank you!

Comments

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    220 karma

I've heard that schools will hold off looking at your application if you ask them! I would definitely email them and explain that you're taking the Jan exam and would like them to consider that score instead of your current score. Best of luck!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

You will need to email and confirm that the school will do this before applying. For example, I recently attended a UC school forum and UC Davis said they don’t wait on future scores unless explicitly asked by a candidate to do so. For UCLA if they see an upcoming test they automatically wait. Best not to take the chance and email the school about their policy before applying.

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

@whatlikeitshard @FindingSage okay got it! thank u guys both, i appreciate it and i will definitely take that advice :)