Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farewell 7Sagers! (153 --> 164)

ian01234ian01234 Alum Member

Just wanted to take the time to thank JY and the 7Sage community for helping me reach my goal! There are many other people who did exceptionally well (170+) on the November Flex (congrats!) so I do feel as if there were some points left out there. However, I am very proud of this score and should be able to get into my dream school! This was my third time taking the LSAT (159 cancelled, 163,164) and have decided it to be my final. My PT range was around 163-167. I initially started some rough LSAT studying in the spring but began to ramp it up around late June. Back then I would consistantly PT around 155-158 and after a month felt like I was making no progress. Many people find this test to be easy to pick up but I for one really struggled to grasp the concepts and correct approach to the exam. I would get really down on myself as it can be somewhat discouraging reading other people's LSAT success stories while I made no progress. I think it was really important for me to manage my expectations regarding my PT scores (and LSAT scores) and to be content in my own successes while it may have been to a lesser degree than others posting to the forum. My big "aha" moment was realizing how much I would skim questions without understanding them. I really started to see improvement when I would read the question, stimulus, and try to predict the answer. Initially, the process is much slower, but with time I would be able to breeze through LR much faster. I also found that doing roughly 2 PTs a week and thoroughly assessing them afterwards (checking for time-sink questions, which questions I fell for trap answer, using 7Sage video explanation) continually improved my score. By the end of the process, I had taken around 35-40 practice tests and honestly wish I had taken more. I highly recommend taking as many PTs as possible given you are reviewing them and learning from your mistakes. Anyways, it feels like a long but enjoyable chapter of my college experience is over. I will miss studying for this exam and hope you January test takers can get your dream score!

Comments