Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

138 to 173

Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited November 2020 in November 2020 LSAT 4577 karma

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank 7sage and everyone on these forums for being so helpful, inclusive, and encouraging. Especially my awesome tutor @Sami, and my intelligent and hard working study buddies @DINOSAUR and @jmarmaduke96.

This test was a huge struggle for me, and studying for it made me confront weaknesses in myself that I honestly didn't want to. I wish I could tell you that this test was easy, but it wasn't. There was no gradual improvement, it was more like a zig zag of ups and downs. But if your diagnostic was in the 130s like mine, I want to tell you that it's possible to increase your score.

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

killed it. congrats!

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    219 karma

Congratulations on an amazing score!! I'm feeling pretty discouraged after getting my score back today and seeing that it was LOWER than my diagnostic. Can you share your study strategies? How long it took you to get that score, how many PTs you did, etc. Thanks!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited November 2020 4306 karma

No surprise after attending some of your sessions - Congrats Chris!

• 1952 karma

congrats!! well deserved!!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

That is an amazing increase! Congrats!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I am so proud of you!!!!!

I knew it was only a matter of time before you scored in 170's. You deserved this after all the hard work and patience.

Great job Chris!

• elimoon23elimoon23 Member
    38 karma

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your process and knowledge with the community.

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

Woohoo!! Congrats, Chris!! You've been an awesome teacher, so it's no surprise! :)

• avoro002avoro002 Alum Member
    336 karma

That's awesome, Chris! So proud to of you!

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!

• cat.casacat.casa Member
    168 karma

That's great, congratulations!!!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Congratulations!

• Nadzter19Nadzter19 Core Member
    123 karma

CONGRATULATIONS! There is hope for me! Would love it if you can share how you studied. Thank you!

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    204 karma

Conratulations !!!! You worked hard !!! Enjoy!!!

• Destined4GREATERDestined4GREATER Core Member
    66 karma

CONGRATS!!!!!!! This gives me hope!!

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

Atta kid!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14008 karma

Congratulations!

• GoVaCaMaDaAqNeGoVaCaMaDaAqNe Alum Member
    118 karma

ridiculous , what hard work how it pays off, all the best to you!

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited March 2021 4577 karma

THANK YOU ALL!

@whatlikeitshard @Nadzter19

My journey was a bit nontraditional, and took about three years in total. For most of my studying I was working a full time job. The first year was pretty bad... I'd try my best to study an hour a day, but sometimes I'd just be so tired I'd just not study. I finished JY's CC and did some PTs and was scoring around the 150s.

The second year I knew I had to change my study habits. Instead of trying to study after work, I knew I had to study before work to get the most out of my brain. So I woke up around 4am, exercised for about 20-30 minutes, and then hit the books for a good two hours each day. That's when I started scoring around the high 150s low 160s. Then, was unemployed for about 3 months during time and I was able to study a lot during that time. This is when I met Sami at her free tutoring sessions. Without her help, I wouldn't be where I am right now. That's one of the reasons why I also do free tutoring sessions, because I want to help out just like she did.

When the coronavirus pandemic happened in March, I knew I had to take advantage of working from home. This is when my studying became much more intense, and with Sami's help I was able to hit the low 170s. So, I registered to take the June LSAT. My last PT before June was a 170, so I felt good going into the test. Unfortunately, I received a 160. Wasn't sure what went wrong, but I tried to stay positive and was able to work with Sami until she left for law school. Here I also decided to resign and study full time for the LSAT. There were a lot of ups and downs during this time, but the best part was meeting @DINOSAUR and @jmarmaduke96. Their help was so invaluable to me, and I've learned so much from them. I'm so happy that I've met them and I'm so lucky to call them my friends. I eventually started scoring in the low 170s again before the August LSAT. I took the August LSAT, and unfortunately had proctor issues. I was interrupted during the logic game section and I felt so defeated. LSAC offered me a refund, but I wanted to see how I did so I didn't take it. I received a 164. The next month was pretty bad for me. I was super stressed because of a lot of external factors - one of my close family members became terminally ill, I got into a huge fight with one of my best friends, and I was dealing with some illness (not covid) that the doctors didn't know about, and were unable to diagnose. But eventually that passed and with the help of Cindy and James and their encouragement, I started studying again for the November LSAT, started hosting free tutoring sessions to help others out, and took the November LSAT, receiving a 173.

For those who are struggling, I would love to help in any way possible. I'm currently hosting free tutoring sessions that 7sagers have said are super beneficial, so I welcome you all to come as well! If there's anything else I can do to help such an amazing community, please let me know and I'll try my best to help out.

• 375 karma

Congratulations!!

• DanielMacTavishDanielMacTavish Alum Member
    161 karma

@Christopherr said:
    THANK YOU ALL!

My journey was a bit nontraditional, and took about three years in total. For most of my studying I was working a full time job. The first year was pretty bad... I'd try my best to study an hour a day, but sometimes I'd just be so tired I'd just not study. I finished JY's CC and did some PTs and was scoring around the 150s.

The second year I knew I had to change my study habits. Instead of trying to study after work, I knew I had to study before work to get the most out of my brain. So I woke up around 4am, exercised for about 20-30 minutes, and then hit the books for a good two hours each day. That's when I started scoring around the high 150s low 160s I was unemployed for about 3 months during this time and I was able to study a lot during that time. This is when I met Sami at her free tutoring sessions. Without her help, I wouldn't be where I am right now. That's one of the reasons why I also do free tutoring sessions, because I want to help out just like she did.

When the coronavirus pandemic happened in March, I knew I had to take advantage of working from home. This is when my studying became much more intense, and with Sami's help I was able to hit the low 170s. So, I registered to take the June LSAT. My last PT before June was a 170, so I felt good going into the test. Unfortunately, I received a 160. Wasn't sure what went wrong, but I tried to stay positive and was able to work with Sami until she left for law school. Here I also decided to resign and study full time for the LSAT. There were a lot of ups and downs during this time, but the best part was meeting @DINOSAUR and @jmarmaduke96. Their help was so invaluable to me, and I've learned so much from them. I'm so happy that I've met them and I'm so lucky to call them my friends. I eventually started scoring in the low 170s again before the August LSAT. I took the August LSAT, and unfortunately had proctor issues. I was interrupted 3 times during the logic game section and I felt so defeated. LSAC offered me a refund, but I wanted to see how I did so I didn't take it. I received a 164. The next month was pretty bad for me. I was super stressed because of a lot of external factors - one of my close family members became terminally ill, I got into a huge fight with one of my best friends, and I was dealing with some illness (not covid) that the doctors didn't know about, and were unable to diagnose. But eventually that passed and with the help of Cindy and James and their encouragement, I started studying again for the November LSAt, started hosting free tutoring sessions to help others out, and took the November LSAT, receiving a 173.

For those who are struggling, I would love to help in any way possible. I'm currently hosting free tutoring sessions that 7sagers have said are super beneficial, so I welcome you all to come as well! If there's anything else I can do to help such an amazing community, please let me know and I'll try my best to help out.

Incredibly encouraging to see you (and others, I'm sure) continue to push through less than ideal circumstances and still come out on top. I am in roughly the same situation, working full-time and dealing with some issues in my personal life just like everyone else, so I am glad to find such a relatable story. I hope to be in your position come January! Best of luck to you in all your future law school endeavors. Would definitely like to tune in to these tutoring sessions if they are still ongoing!

• dianao6512dianao6512 Member
    169 karma

@Christopherr said:
    THANK YOU ALL!

The second year I knew I had to change my study habits. Instead of trying to study after work, I knew I had to study before work to get the most out of my brain. So I woke up around 4am, exercised for about 20-30 minutes, and then hit the books for a good two hours each day. That's when I started scoring around the high 150s low 160s I was unemployed for about 3 months during this time and I was able to study a lot during that time. This is when I met Sami at her free tutoring sessions. Without her help, I wouldn't be where I am right now. That's one of the reasons why I also do free tutoring sessions, because I want to help out just like she did.

When the coronavirus pandemic happened in March, I knew I had to take advantage of working from home. This is when my studying became much more intense, and with Sami's help I was able to hit the low 170s. So, I registered to take the June LSAT. My last PT before June was a 170, so I felt good going into the test. Unfortunately, I received a 160. Wasn't sure what went wrong, but I tried to stay positive and was able to work with Sami until she left for law school. Here I also decided to resign and study full time for the LSAT. There were a lot of ups and downs during this time, but the best part was meeting @DINOSAUR and @jmarmaduke96. Their help was so invaluable to me, and I've learned so much from them. I'm so happy that I've met them and I'm so lucky to call them my friends. I eventually started scoring in the low 170s again before the August LSAT. I took the August LSAT, and unfortunately had proctor issues. I was interrupted 3 times during the logic game section and I felt so defeated. LSAC offered me a refund, but I wanted to see how I did so I didn't take it. I received a 164. The next month was pretty bad for me. I was super stressed because of a lot of external factors - one of my close family members became terminally ill, I got into a huge fight with one of my best friends, and I was dealing with some illness (not covid) that the doctors didn't know about, and were unable to diagnose. But eventually that passed and with the help of Cindy and James and their encouragement, I started studying again for the November LSAt, started hosting free tutoring sessions to help others out, and took the November LSAT, receiving a 173.

Congrats!!! I am so happy to hear that you scored where you have been wanting to score! From our tutoring sessions, I know how hard you have been working towards that score. Best of luck with everything going forward, hopefully I will be up there with you soon enough!

4577 karma

Thank you so much @dianao6512! I'm wishing nothing but the best for you. I hope you're doing well!

@DanielMacTavish Thank you!!! You can find the one i'm hosting this weekend here: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/26426/free-tutoring-sessions-lr-skipping-strategy-with-pt40-lr1-saturday-nov-28th-7pm-est

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Wow, congratulations, Chris. This is a great achievement!

• Da_WunDa_Wun Member
    72 karma

Congratulations, wow your story is amazing!

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

congrats!

• jpark.j23jpark.j23 Member
    edited November 2020 16 karma

Wow! Congratulations @Christopherr!

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

Congratulations @Christopherr!!! I did not know you until last night I attended your webinar! It was incredible! I almost wanted to give up LSAT but since I attended you guys (Sami, James, Cindy and you)'s webinar last night, I decided "not" give up! I work full time and it is really hard for me to find the time for study after work as I am so tired after work. Yes, I took Sami's free sessions too and she suggested me to study in the morning before work. But I could not make it as I have a bad habit- I want to go swimming before working. After swimming, I do not have time to study as I have to start my work. Sorry, Sami! Work is very important for me as I have to make a living myself. Anyway... I will adjust my time and find my time to study. Reading your story makes me keep going and have to overcome all of my difficulties in the life. I know I have tons of words wanting to say... but, thank you so much for sharing your story! Your story makes me have a hope! I do not know you hosted the free session in the past weekend. Sorry, I missed it. Do you have other free session except for this Sat Dec 5?

Anyway, your story is really encouraging people! It is amazing story! Thanks so much!

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

Congrats. Well deserved

• sabrshukrsabrshukr Core Member
    26 karma

Congrats! You've had quite the journey and I commend you for pushing through. Hard work does pay off. Thank you for sharing your story. In times when I'm losing hope, this is exactly what I need to hear. But really, kudos to you and congratulations once again!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@Christopherr Congrats man, that is wonderful I am very glad you got that goal score after all your effort. I want to let you know that seeing the work you do on here to help others has inspired me to do the same once I am finally done with essays and apps. This community is a really wonderful and inspiring place and that, no disrespect to J.Y., is every bit as valuable as the lessons and resources here.

4577 karma

Thank you all for the very kind words!

@VerdantZephyr that’s awesome! Definitely looking forward to them!

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

Super duper amazing. This is absolute goals :)

• LawyerBarbieLawyerBarbie Member
    164 karma

Amazing #goals

• magdiel_kobemagdiel_kobe Alum Member
    91 karma

WoW! It is amazing that you increased your score by a lot!!!! Thank you for the motivation! :)

• danielobr99danielobr99 Member
    7 karma

Wow that's awesome! I have just begun studying and my diagnostic was a 138 also, which is very discouraging. I took the timed version when I got that 138 and know I would've gotten a higher score if I wasn't rushed.

• CoeurpourtoiCoeurpourtoi Member
    38 karma

Congratulations! I get encouragement from your experience. I will not give up even if my diagnostic score is low.