Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trust the process!

dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
in General 170 karma

This discussion is for those who are feeling overwhelmed in the process of studying and preparing for the LSAT.
I started with a 129 diagnostic mid-October, I have about six weeks left until the January LSAT and I've improved to a 152 today.
I remind myself it's okay to take a mental break and recoup, keep practicing, stay strong, and don't forget to breathe!
I am aiming for a 170.

Comments

• Serena13Serena13 Core Member
    128 karma

OMG that's awesome!! Thank you for sharing. How did you do it? What does your study routine look like?

• dutchiebrowndutchiebrown Member
    170 karma

I started with 2 hours a day three times a week. I've increased it to five days a week, 5 hours a day of study. I'm using the LSAT Review book in addition to 7sage. I drill every other day and review my notes. Thanks to 7sage I am able to identify my weaknesses so, I've been practicing them. Once my semester in grad school ends I'll be able to devote more time the last five weeks to strictly LSAT study.

• mitchell-5mitchell-5 Member
    100 karma

Glad to hear this.

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    220 karma

Thank you for sharing your routine and positivity!! Gives me hope.

• moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
    179 karma

What's the lsat review book?

170 karma

The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim.

• ev_jr615ev_jr615 Core Member
    66 karma

Hello, this is awesome!! I was wondering what material you use for drilling? the 7sage practice sets or practice test sections? I am struggling with LR, been doing untimed sections and it take me about 70 minutes to complete.

• chatlaws-1chatlaws-1 Member
    69 karma

I needed to read this post. Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, how are you utilizing the Trainer book and 7sage without getting confused?

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@chatlaws I too was wondering what type of approach was used, as i have the trainer but can seem to be able to utilize both

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Keep going. You have already shown you have the determination and will to make your goal a reality, and your improvement thus far is remarkable. Keep at it.

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

All the best!

• tayjaycee17tayjaycee17 Member
    59 karma

congrats! what material did you use to improve your score?

• cromertiffany48cromertiffany48 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

@dutchiebrown said:
    I started with 2 hours a day three times a week. I've increased it to five days a week, 5 hours a day of study. I'm using the LSAT Review book in addition to 7sage. I drill every other day and review my notes. Thanks to 7sage I am able to identify my weaknesses so, I've been practicing them. Once my semester in grad school ends I'll be able to devote more time the last five weeks to strictly LSAT study.

What is the name of the book you are using if you don't mine me asking?

170 karma

@cromertiffany48 said:

@dutchiebrown said:

What is the name of the book you are using if you don't mine me asking?

The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim

• marieveraamarieveraa Member
    13 karma

Amazing score jump! Thanks for sharing your achievement and routine. It's so hard to keep your chin up in this journey. But this gives hope and is very inspiring!

170 karma

@marieveraa said:
    Amazing score jump! Thanks for sharing your achievement and routine. It's so hard to keep your chin up in this journey. But this gives hope and is very inspiring!

Positivity has allowed me to push my way through so many things. Taking a break and coming back to look at why you're stuck is another tool I use when I am stuck on something.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

congratulations, looking forward to your 170 post!

• diamontediamonte Member
    2 karma

Looking forward to your 170 post as well! I honestly think you'll break through that ceiling. :) Best wishes to you and your journey!

Thanks for sharing. Your transparency is helping more than you know.

• ME_V_LSATME_V_LSAT Member
    edited December 2020 1532 karma

thank you so much for sharing this. I needed to read this today! Cheers to you on your journey :)

170 karma

@diamonte said:
    Looking forward to your 170 post as well! I honestly think you'll break through that ceiling. :) Best wishes to you and your journey!

Thanks for sharing. Your transparency is helping more than you know.

Thank you! you all's comments are very encouraging :)