Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a 164 on LSAT flex but was aiming for 170s. Should I cancel my score?

ekw9ekw9 Core Member
edited December 2020 in November 2020 LSAT 30 karma

I got a 164 on the November LSAT Flex and I am debating whether or not to cancel my score. I purchased the Score Preview option and have until tonight to decide. I was aiming for mid 170s but panicked on test day and did not perform as well as I could have based on PTs. I know a 164 is considered a great score for a lot of people, which makes me hesitate to cancel it (also I am really sorry if this is a super annoying post), but it is much lower than what I was aiming for and I will definitely take it again sometime next year. I am almost positive I can do better, especially if I continue studying. What do you guys think I should do?

Comments

• smileygeesmileygee Member
    55 karma

If you're willing to wait until next admission cycle to apply, I'd personally cancel. If you're going to be applying this cycle regardless of how January goes, probably best to keep it.

• ekw9ekw9 Core Member
    30 karma

@smileygee said:
    If you're willing to wait until next admission cycle to apply, I'd personally cancel. If you're going to be applying this cycle regardless of how January goes, probably best to keep it.

Yeah I am not planning to apply this cycle anyway. Thanks for your input!

• I would cancel. If you know you can make 170s, then a 164 really does not show what you are capable of. Just my opinion.

• SpinnerTSpinnerT Core Member
    83 karma

A 164 is an 85th(ish) percentile score. It's within the 25th percentile score of a couple t14 schools. I think you would be crazy to cancel that score. All schools are going to take the highest score you get. That's a heck of baseline to start with. I say keep it! And just keep working to improve if its not ultimately where you want to be.