Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

doing poorly when thinking the test went well but much better when thinking the test didn't go well.

PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
in General 359 karma
Does anyone else experience this? Most of my high scores came from tests that I thought I did very poorly but the tests that I thought were easy usually ends with subpar score (curves are pretty much the same for both kind)....

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Is this before or after BR? How many PT's have you taken total?
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    I've had this go both ways, I thought I did well and I did below average and vice versa. There have also been tests where I thought I did well and this was actually the case and tests where I thought I did poorly and that's exactly what happened. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to be able to predict my performance.

I think Manhattan included in their online program something about predicting your score after you test as a fail-safe in case you have to cancel (seems like a pretty defeatist attitude to me) or maybe just for fun? Not sure what the thinking is there. Either way, I think any energy spent predicting before or after the test is wasted energy and should be avoid. I am aware that that is easier said than done.
  • PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    @nicole.hopkins this is probably across 10 of the 30 PTs I've taken, pre BR
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @brna0714 said:
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to be able to predict my performance.
    Pretty much summarizes it! I usually knew when I did poor but later on my prep I realized that I knew what I was doing with LR which helped my score. But during BR I would see my small mistakes. I usually wanted to rush through the sections and the last 2 sections would always make or break my score.