Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should a diversity statement be more than one page?

Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I would have two versions. One thats a page and a half and one thats one page. The page and a half you can write more so that should be your main ds but some schools only allow one page (Berkeley)

• 1952 karma

some schools have specific guidelines on how long your ds should be (e.g. 1 page).
    some don't, but i did hear that you should lean towards writing less than 2 pages (one and a half is good).
    i also had 2 versions: 1 page and 1 and a half page.

• carlos.raiz23carlos.raiz23 Alum Member
    195 karma

Seems like the schools I am applying to don't have any specific guidelines regarding length, I will just aim for 1.5 pages, thanks everyone!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I have two different versions of both my personal statement and diversity statement because each individual school has their own requirements. For my diversity statement I have one that is a page long and another that is a page and a half. For my personal statement I have one which is 2 pages and one which is 3. I have noticed that some of the schools that want the 2 page personal statement or 1 page diversity will also allow 11 point font so I was able to do that and make a few tweaks without losing the majority of the content or flow.