Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which LSATs do you guys recommend using as practice tests?

SRV_LawyerSRV_Lawyer Alum Member
in General 75 karma

Just purchased the LSAT Prep Plus which includes LSATs 19-89 and i was wondering which ones you guys recommend i save for practice tests? I feel like LG nowadays is far more difficult than what it used to be a few years ago.

Thank you!

Comments

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@SRV_Lawyer All of them! haha If you're just starting out, I would save the earlier exams for practice and drilling. Get used to the exam itself with those and then once you get the hang of everything, take the more recent exams to prep for the actual LSAT. The newest exams are most representative of what you'll see when you take the actual LSAT so definitely save those for the last phase of studying. Even with the FLEX, I think you'll mainly see exams similar to the 70's and 80's unless they run out of old exams lol but by then, they may start crunching out new exams again. Who knows haha

Also,contrary to your statement about LG, I find the LG on the newer exams easier than the earlier ones. The only catch with that is the new exams tend to throw in a miscellaneous game which is usually what catches people off guard and in turn, makes the section harder than it seems. I found LR to be much trickier in the newer exams though so that might be something to think about! Best of luck to you in your studies. The more practice you do, the better you get. All those exams will surely pay off :)

• SRV_LawyerSRV_Lawyer Alum Member
    75 karma

@karko2525 Thanks for the input! ive been using exams 40 and up for practice and i will take your advice and save 70 and up for simulated exams. I really appreciate your detailed input! Any advice for preparing for the miscellaneous games on the newer exams?

• Manik PanicManik Panic Core Member
    edited December 2020 111 karma

--no idea for sure. --maybe recent 40. i think that's a lot.
    LR harder RC harder. Now or couple yrs ago. LG super hard many yrs back.
    (mostly im not good at lg but can get 20/23 but need extra time, probably won't get accoms, bc realistically trading/writing/studying is time consuming).

• Manik PanicManik Panic Core Member
    edited December 2020 111 karma

i mean perfect student brother (99 mcat etc) would say all of them timed. but i just can't. and it's a w of time. less is more. mastery ideal, but I just want consistently good scores on all sections, and balancing that with other jobs/roles, is kind of difficult.

It's like write 6d, study 20d, trading 18d. ridiculous. challenging.

LG is tough for me, all can go up and down with no practice. Consistency is key. I want higher than 83-84th percentile, have some lofty goals, but 169-171 or so is fine. No longer applying to america, only canada. all good schools if reputable, and basically they all are here unless I'm mistaken.

Not sure if you guys are shorting various currencies rite now.

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@SRV_Lawyer ohh okay! Sounds like you've started your prep already. But yes, definitely save the more recent exams for the month or two before your actual LSAT. What I did was sacrifice a couple early 70's and 80's exams and drilled certain sections and then saved the rest for practice exam mode right before the actual exam. I personally found that to be most helpful since I was pretty much comfortable and thriving on the 60's exams. So for me, getting used to the slight shift in questions for the 70's and 80's was very helpful and exposed certain weaknesses which allowed me to focus on those. For the misc. games, I don't really have much advice besides going through the 7sage logic games curriculum where there's just a bunch of misc games for you to practice on. The problem with the misc. games is that they are "unpredictable". There were some that I found easy to attack and others hard to comprehend. Best advice JY gives is to stay calm when you see such games and try your best to work through them in an efficient manner. So practice, practice, practice and remain calm when you see a misc game. I know for certain, LG is very manageable and the easiest to improve on. It just takes the most work because you have to do countless games over and over to get used to it if it's not intuitive for you.

• 16 karma

Tests 70-89 are most similar to what I saw on the November and October LSAT. There's usually a conditional sequencing somewhere in there, and the final game is usually a difficult 10-12 minute game.

Tests 50-69 cover the fundamentals but simpler and straightforward.