Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score Conversion

Hi everyone! I am taking the January LSAT flex and had a quick question about score conversions on PT's. When I get my actual score back after taking a PT, I usually go look at the "score conversion" beneath in and find that specific PT with my matching number of incorrect answers. However, there is a wide gap between those two scores. For example, I just took PT 70 and made a 163 actual score, but the conversion score is a 169. Which score is correct?
Thanks!

Comments

• 769 karma

The score converter is for the regular four section LSAT. So if you’re taking the flex version it won’t be the same and your score is what you got on the PT

• rlawyer79rlawyer79 Alum Member
    16 karma

Doesn't Powerscore show an updated Flex score conversion? I don't know if 7Sage has the updated flex scoring.

• zestorckzestorck Member
    36 karma

@"Christina Walton" said:
    The score converter is for the regular four section LSAT. So if you’re taking the flex version it won’t be the same and your score is what you got on the PT

Thank you so much!!!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited December 2020 5740 karma

@zestorck said:
    Hi everyone! I am taking the January LSAT flex and had a quick question about score conversions on PT's. When I get my actual score back after taking a PT, I usually go look at the "score conversion" beneath in and find that specific PT with my matching number of incorrect answers. However, there is a wide gap between those two scores. For example, I just took PT 70 and made a 163 actual score, but the conversion score is a 169. Which score is correct?
    Thanks!

Hi there,

The score conversion table is based on a four-section PrepTest. You may have received a different score if you took the PrepTest as a Flex. However, let us know if this is not the case.

The scaled scores generated from Flex mode use the same methodology as our Flex Score Convertor which is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for reduction in number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

Let us know if you have any further questions.