New to 7Sage - question

Space_CowboySpace_Cowboy Core Member
edited December 2020 in General 12 karma

Hey everyone! So I have been going through some of the free trial material and I think have decided that I will be signing up for ultimate+. My question is why does the schedule have you take all prep tests back to back once you go through the lessons? Is it common or should i take prep tests in between weeks? Should I also take the 2007 LSAT diagnostics test first or go over some material before taking it?

Thank you!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

Go ahead and take the diagnostic test first. It's nice to nail down that starting point before you really get going.

Then do the curriculum. The practice tests are most useful for identifying areas for further study and improvement, and until you complete the curriculum, you don't really need a PT to show you how to proceed.

When you start taking PT's, you shouldn't just take them back to back to back. Incorporate some flexibility into your study schedule. You want to take the opportunity to learn as much as you can from each one. So when you finish, assess your overall standing with the material and see what needs to be addressed before you can be reasonably confident you will perform better on the next one. Initially, PTing is kind of a guided return to the curriculum. If you notice you miss every Necessary Assumption question on the test, for example, you don't want to take another PT until you've gone back and addressed that. Otherwise, you'll almost certainly just miss every Necessary Assumption question again and be no better off for the previous PT.

Depending on your target score, you'll eventually want to start thinking about time management strategy and things like that, but for now, this'll take you a long way.

• Space_CowboySpace_Cowboy Core Member
    12 karma

Okay that makes sense! Thanks for helping me out with that!