Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of Help!!!!

serenafrankserenafrank Member
in General 47 karma

My goal is to get at least 150 to be able to be accepted into the JD Law program. i am not trying to get 160's +, I am just trying to break the 150's. I am consistently hitting the mid 140's on all Practice Tests I do. No matter what I do, it has not improved.... I understand where I make my mistakes, but I feel that I am falling under the time pressure. I can't seem to get faster, although i get majoirty or higher right on the problem sets. I am getting a consistent -12 on LR, usually -5 on LG and like -16 on RC. I havent studied too much on RC but I am going to really start crunching on that. Any tips or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. I am beginning to doubt myself more than I already am. I am taking the test in January again!!
I began studying in August for about 6 hrs a day, although I was wroking 45+ a week, a full course load in college and playing collegiate soccer. So I understand I was definitely doing too much, but this was like an addiction. I felt guilty if I was doing anything, but LSAT. Please any tips would be greatly appreciated, I feel I have invested too much time and especially too much money to stop now.

Comments

• SilentEagleSilentEagle Alum Member
    100 karma

It is hard to know exactly what to do without knowing your abilities personally. However, I believe the most important thing to do is attack your weaknesses. So, if you notice that you struggle with a particular question type more than others work on that.

• Thy RainThy Rain Core Member
    99 karma

How is your LR and RC? Do you get through all of them? For me, I could never finish a full LR without feeling like I didn't understand the stimulus well enough. So I started just focusing on answering question 1-20 with high accuracy! Along with answer 3 RC passages with high accuracy!
    This helped me a lot with breaking into the 150s

• RA-1RA-1 Core Member
    55 karma

For RC, do you rush through the passage? I used to get -12 on RC but once i started focusing on the passages, it was easier for me to blaze through the questions. In my opinion, its more beneficial to spend an extra minute or two reading and understanding the passage than it is to focus on the questions

• serenafrankserenafrank Member
    47 karma

@"RA-1" said:
    For RC, do you rush through the passage? I used to get -12 on RC but once i started focusing on the passages, it was easier for me to blaze through the questions. In my opinion, its more beneficial to spend an extra minute or two reading and understanding the passage than it is to focus on the questions

I usually spend about 4 minutes reading the passage with writing out the Low resolution quickly, which I think helps, but I am not able to finish in time and am always rushing at the end :(

47 karma

@"Thy Rain" said:
    How is your LR and RC? Do you get through all of them? For me, I could never finish a full LR without feeling like I didn't understand the stimulus well enough. So I started just focusing on answering question 1-20 with high accuracy! Along with answer 3 RC passages with high accuracy!
    This helped me a lot with breaking into the 150s

I think I will give this a try! I feel like when I am rushed I begin to second guess myself, or make stupid mistakes, becuase I am trying to over compensate. But thank you for replying and sharing your tip!

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

you're definitely not alone. There's no shortcut really. Gotta know the concepts like second nature and have very fast timing w/o sacrificing accuracy. You'll get there, ur very determined.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

What are you doing for BR? Are you blind reviewing? Is the BR score increasing?

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

With your schedule you may have burned out based on how long you been studying with that crazy schedule. Make sure to plan breaks and meditate or take 30 min naps as you need it. I had a similar issue where I couldn’t get through the last couple of questions because I was EXHAUSTED. This may or may not be your issue but assess your health status and see what may be causing issues.

In addition, make sure to do blind reviews and keep a wrong answer journal. It also sounds like you aren’t learning from your mistakes. Write down what question type you got wrong, why you didn’t choose the right answer and why you chose the wrong answer. Then write why the right answer is right and the wrong answer is wrong. This will force you to address your thought process and reconsider how you’re approaching certain questions.

47 karma

@"Clementine-2" said:
    With your schedule you may have burned out based on how long you been studying with that crazy schedule. Make sure to plan breaks and meditate or take 30 min naps as you need it. I had a similar issue where I couldn’t get through the last couple of questions because I was EXHAUSTED. This may or may not be your issue but assess your health status and see what may be causing issues.

In addition, make sure to do blind reviews and keep a wrong answer journal. It also sounds like you aren’t learning from your mistakes. Write down what question type you got wrong, why you didn’t choose the right answer and why you chose the wrong answer. Then write why the right answer is right and the wrong answer is wrong. This will force you to address your thought process and reconsider how you’re approaching certain questions.

Thank you for your reply! After taking a PT I usually take a little break and then review each answer in depth, either to confirm my thought process for the correct ones, and then to see where I went wrong for the others. I have begun to start documenting what type of questions I am getting wrong, but find it to be a little bit of everything. I think it would be best to go back and review the question types, but with taking it in January i am afraid i will not be able to go through enough of the information in time. SMH