Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Costs and Benefits of Simulating LSAT Flex? Recommendation?

AhmadinejadAhmadinejad Member
edited January 2021 in General 46 karma

I was wondering if anyone had any insight or recommendation on whether or not to simulate the LSAT-flex (taking 3 sections as opposed to 4).

I was thinking that if I were to not simulate it, I could get more LR practice in but at the same time, I'm pretty sure if you take both then both factor into the score and that would artificially inflate my score given that I'm much better at LR than LG.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• swanganieswanganie Yearly Member
    edited January 2021 294 karma

Hey, I feel like it depends on when you're planning to take the real exam. If you're 100% sure you're taking it this spring and you're feeling great about LR, then yeah maybe you're better off using your time to drill LG. Personally, I'm practicing with 4sections just in case the LSAC decides to go from Flex back to 5sections in the future. I'd rather have the mental endurance built up just in case. Plus I have the opposite problem - LG is my strong suit and LR is my weakness so it's worth it for me

• mnkimmnkim Member
    137 karma

I take the simulate Flex version, and take the second LR section in Problem Sets after a 15 minute break. I use both the Flex score and the 4 section score as a loose marker of where I am at.