Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought I was grandfathered in to 7Sage without needing to pay for PrepPlus...

Blake MorrisBlake Morris Core Member
edited December 2020 in Technical Problems 102 karma

Do I need Prepplus if my account predates prepplus itself?

Prep Plus Requirements
  1. The Question above:16 votes
    1. Yes, a recent change has made it so.
      62.50%
    2. No, this is a technical problem.
      37.50%

Comments

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

I see it too... not alot of notice to us loyal 7sagers who have been extending our legacy courses.

It would be nice if we could keep the same benefits we bought and were promised with our original subscriptions until June, 2021.

Hope the right thing is done.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @"Blake Morris" and @This_is_Hard

Sorry for the confusion. If you have a grandfathered account, you just need to confirm whether or not you already have Prep Plus. You can do this by following the prompts on our website. For example, see the screenshot below of the message that may have appeared on your screen:

To clarify, Prep Plus is a subscription service offered by LSAC that launched in March 2020. LSAC requires every student who wants to use a prep course that uses real LSAT questions to have an active LSAC Prep Plus subscription. That includes 7Sage and any other LSAT prep course that uses real LSAT questions.

You only need one active LSAC Prep Plus subscription no matter how many prep courses you use. That means that if you use prep courses from multiple companies, you don't need to purchase multiple LSAC Prep Plus accounts. You can use the same one.

You can find more information on this page.

If you are not sure if you have an LSAC Prep Plus subscription or if you have trouble with the steps on our website, please contact us at studentservices@7sage.com so that we can help you resolve the issue.

• vicxwwwwwvicxwwwww Alum Member
    104 karma

I am a bit confused by the explanations. Do we need to get the LSAC Prep Plus if we have the Ultimate+ member from 7Sage? And when do we lose our access to the materials if we do not get the LSAC Prep Plus? @"Juliet --Student Service--"

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--", I just saw that screenshot in my account today too. I am very confused too. I remember JY told us here that if you were grandfather in 7Sage, you did not need to get the LSAC prep plus. I have Ultimate+ account too. When you have a chance, would you solve this issue for us? Thanks so much!

• Amit.DhakaAmit.Dhaka Member
    61 karma

I also just saw this when Iwas doing my problem set. I am a continuing my prep and have been grandfathered in.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

@"Blake Morris" and everyone else wondering all I had to do was confirm that I didn’t have it and then linked my account. No payment required

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

@Emily2122, thank you for telling us! Yes, no payment required once I linked my account.

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    851 karma

@vicxwwwww said:
    I am a bit confused by the explanations. Do we need to get the LSAC Prep Plus if we have the Ultimate+ member from 7Sage? And when do we lose our access to the materials if we do not get the LSAC Prep Plus? @"Juliet --Student Service--"

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion.

Since you have a grandfathered Ultimate+ account, you just need to confirm if you already have an LSAC Prep Plus subscription from LSAC. I also sent you an email with instructions on how to do this, but please let me know if you haven't received it.

In the meantime, I have taken note of your second question. Please allow me to check it with my team and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @vicxwwwww

I just responded to you via email. Your 7Sage account is successfully linked to your Prep Plus subscription so you would not loose access to the licensed materials.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns

5740 karma

@"Amit.Dhaka" said:
    I also just saw this when Iwas doing my problem set. I am a continuing my prep and have been grandfathered in.

Hi there,

I looked at your account and you seem to have successfully linked your 7Sage account to your Prep Plus account.

However, let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

5740 karma

Hi @Alice003

I am happy to hear that you were able to successfully link your 7Sage account to your Prep Plus account.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

5740 karma

Hi @Emily2122

Thank you for your help!

• Sailor Moon LSATSailor Moon LSAT Member
    200 karma

@Juliet-- is there any reason why grandfathered courses CAN'T be extended past July? This forces us to either do month by month/year AND buy the LSAC prepplus.

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    edited January 2021 851 karma

@"Merly Goodleaf" said:
    @Juliet-- is there any reason why grandfathered courses CAN'T be extended past July? This forces us to either do month by month/year AND buy the LSAC prepplus.

Hi there,

Sorry about that.

About 10 months ago, LSAC completely overhauled their licensing program, introducing Prep Plus. We worked to shelter students with legacy courses from these changes while they finish their studies.

However, as much as we'd like to not disappoint you, I'm afraid we won't be able to support grandfathered legacy courses indefinitely.

July 31, 2021 is about 1 year and 4 months after we stopped offering the legacy courses on our site. We believed this was a fair period of time for students with legacy courses to finish their studies. Can you please let me know when you will be done studying for the LSAT?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

You can also send us an email at studentservice@7sage.com

• Sailor Moon LSATSailor Moon LSAT Member
    200 karma

@"Theo --" I'll send an e-mail to studentservice@7sage and reference your comment to explain my situation. Thank you.

851 karma

@"Merly Goodleaf" said:
    @"Theo --" I'll send an e-mail to studentservice@7sage and reference your comment to explain my situation. Thank you.

Hi there,

Sure! Please feel free to reach out anytime, we'll be here to help!