Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No test center all year in the 10th largest US city!! All closed! South Bay takers?

lschoolgolschoolgo Member
edited May 2015 in General 274 karma
There is no test center anymore anywhere in San Jose or in the whole SF South Bay region for ANY test administration!!

There used to a few in San Jose. Now none exists in the region for the upcoming June/Oct/Dec/Feb tests. Santa Clara U is also closed.

South Bay takers, where are you testing?

[mod edit: please dont post titles/content in all caps.]

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I used to live in San Jose but ran into the same problem so I took it at CSU east bay. The campus is super nice and I would highly recommend CSUEB as a testing center. Proctors were really efficient as well
  • msizzleeemsizzleee Alum Member
    183 karma
    UGH I KNOW! I was so ready to sign up for Santa Clara since I took it there last time and it was fine.

I'm going to trek to USF. Such a hassle...Good luck!
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    274 karma
    I've heard CSU East Bay have tiny fold-out desks that are joined with chairs? It's still at far from South Bay with morning 880 traffic.

Surprised that not a single test center anymore ALL YEAR anywhere in South Bay

---------------
    blah170blah Mentor
    8 hours ago 1848 karma Flag
    I used to live in San Jose but ran into the same problem so I took it at CSU east bay. The campus is super nice and I would highly recommend CSUEB as a testing center. Proctors were really efficient as well
    274 karma
    How are you planning to travel from South Bay to SF for the test? I assume a drive can tire and affect the performance for the test.

I have heard mixed reviews about USF. But Santa Clara has been an excellent center. Why'd LSAC not have any center anywhere in such a large metropolitan region?

SCU had lecture hall seating and was very quiet.

--------------------------------
    msizzlee
    3 hours ago 46 karma Flag
    UGH I KNOW! I was so ready to sign up for Santa Clara since I took it there last time and it was fine.

I'm going to trek to USF. Such a hassle...Good luck!
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    btw, you can highlight over what someone said to quote.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited May 2015 12637 karma
    @ddakjiking said:
    btw, you can highlight over what someone said to quote.
    :D
    inception
    3545 karma
    When I went to CSUEB, nobody had individualized desks. The room was divided into rows connected by one long desk and everybody sat down two seats from each other. Also, the 880 traffic in the morning shouldn't be too much of a problem since the test is at 12:30.
    274 karma
    guys, the quote symbol doesn't show in my account or browser (mozilla).
    edited May 2015 274 karma
    registering for the Oct test which starts at 8:30. plus, i plan to be there about much early to do warm-up etc.

did you take at CSUEB or SCU? Which building/room does the test occur at CSUEB? How were the proctors?

Took a Kaplan test at CSUEB and the desks were tiny but that may be because it was a kaplan test and not the real LSAT.

----------------
    blah170blah Mentor
    5 minutes ago 1849 karma Flag
    When I went to CSUEB, nobody had individualized desks. The room was divided into rows connected by one long desk and everybody sat down two seats from each other. Also, the 880 traffic in the morning shouldn't be too much of a problem since the test is at 12:30.
  • gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
    68 karma
    Good God. Are there open spaces in SF?
    3545 karma
    If you had to decide between SF and EB, I would 100% pick EB. I had a friend who took a test at SFSU and said the proctor was completely ridiculous. Also, the 101 is terrible and unpredictable, whereas I feel like the 880 is pretty reliable. It's also more time efficient.
  • msizzleeemsizzleee Alum Member
    183 karma
    I haven't heard bad things about USF but I loved my experience at SCU the first time I took the test. So convenient.

I'm not sure about logistics yet. Almost tempted to just stay in SF the night before since I work there. We'll see :/
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    I am kind of bummed about SCU not being on the list of centers too.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @lschoolgo said:
    guys, the quote symbol doesn't show in my account or browser (mozilla).
    Weird, do you have an outdated version of Firefox? I have the latest version and it's showing up for me. :(