Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take you?

CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
in General 1376 karma

Hello Sagers,

I am currently going -7/8 on LR and I wanted to know how long it took y’all to get to -2/3? And if you have any tips on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• HelloMotoHelloMoto Member
    400 karma

I am not sure how long it took me but one tip that helped me was skipping. I would skip a question immediately if I didn't understand the stimulus or if I did understand the stimulus, went through the answer choices and was still lost. This helped me twofold. 1. I was able to grab all of the low hanging fruit. 2. On the second pass, I looked at questions in a calmer state (since I saw all of the questions already).

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Eight months. I got to -4/-5.

-2/-3 in real terms means you are getting every question right except the PF and one other question (or maybe you get the Parallel Flaw problem but miss two others). To get to this point, that would imply that you have sufficient time to either grapple with every question but two. Basically, there can be no luck. It is mastery and efficiency.

@HelloMoto has a good point. You want to get to the point where you are breezing through easy questions. You aren't just getting them right, you are getting them right so quick that you have time to grapple with the rest.

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

Around 5 to 6 months, I relearned the fundamentals of conditionality, learned to not get married to my AC prephrase (especially for flaw), read slower while noting important quantifiers, qualifiers, comparative statements, value judgments (should) etc., dropped the 10 in 10 rule, tried to understand each AC more comprehensively and not cross it off just from one word like “many” or “few” or “some”, learned to be more flexible and not simply rely on hard and fast rules like for example noting premise/conclusion indicators which can only get you so far

• fullstopfullstop Member
    169 karma

I too am around the same number with MBT and flaw questions being my main weakness. Did you resolve your issues with either question type? If so, could you shed some light on how you did it?